PDA

View Full Version : Jauron: New coach and same mess

BillsFever21
10-23-2006, 04:55 AM
How many of you are still defending this clown? When he was first hired a good number of you said by just replacing Mularkey our team would win at least 3 more games then last year. Same thing that was said when Mularkey replaced Gregg Williams. We saw all the different fancy scenarios and predictions of how we were gonna finish 10-6 this year.

Since were were 5-11 last year by just replacing Mularkey that would give us 3 more wins. And then with all the upgrades to the roster with that great FA class we had and the younger guys gaining more experience that would give us at least two more wins on top of it.

This was gonna be a smart team that didn't make mistakes. Our team was gonna revolve around the running game and win that way along with playing great defense. Same thing we've heard for the last 2 coaches before him.

New doesn't mean it's better or an upgrade. Especially when you're comparing it to Mike Mularkey. If your 1982 Ford Festiva broke down and you replaced that car with a newer model, 1985 Ford Festiva, that doesn't mean you have a good car. It's just new junk. Even though it's new it's still a POS.

When we were 2-2 we heard the stories of how we were already a better team this year because we were "2-2". Gimmie a break. Then when we went to 2-3 we saw the new scenarios from the same people of how we were gonna finish 10-6 and be 5-3 after the Packers game.

This team is a joke right now. They aren't responding to Jauron. They are playing with no heart. They are still commiting stupid penalties and undisciplined. Neither unit is playing good right now. Even our great special teams from the last two years is only average so far this year.

We are getting dismantled from the time the whistle blows. For the last 3 weeks our team has been down 2 scores by the end of the first quarter. From the start of the game Jauron is leaving his nutsack on the field and getting grossly outcoached.

I realize this isn't the most talented team but we're not as bad talent wise as we look on the field right now. If we were losing but still playing well and with heart then Jauron could get a pass. If the gameplan seemed good and we were competitive from the start of the game he could get a pass. If this team seemed interested in the game and responding to our coaching then Jauron could get a pass. If adustments were getting made when things went bad from the start of the game then he could get a pass. None of the above is the case.

When our team is getting their asses handed to them from the very start of the game that is coaching. It's not the other coaching staff adjusting to what we're doing and vice versa. This is the gameplans that they went into the game with and practiced all week with that is having no success from the very start of the game.

They had all week to prepare a gameplan that might have success and for the last 3 weeks it has failed from the time the whistle blew. When things go that bad from the start of the game then it means the gameplan was a dud. When nothing changes througout the game then that means they aren't making the right adjustments to what the other team is doing.

Jauron can't prepare or manage this team to victory. He's been a HC for 6 years now and had success for 1 year. He is a failure. There is no learning curve for him. His gameplans isn't working and the players aren't responding to him.

Even with how bad Mularkey was at least the first year the team was playing with heart and till the final whistle. That isn't the case this year. He is already losing this team. Unless he fixes things in a hurry on our bye week then it will only get worse the rest of the season.

Many of us saw Jauron for what he is and saw this as a 5 or 6 win team. Others just think new is better and put too much trust in him and saw this as a playoff contender.

How anybody can still defend this guy after the way this team has been prepared and played with no heart or emotion is beyond me. He needs to go at the end of the year. He had his 2nd chance and it's not working out. The team is not responding to him. Get rid of him after this year. We can't waste even more time like we did with Mularkey and Williams only to reassure ourselves another 2 years from now that he still sucks and put ourselves even further behind.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Clown is harsh but the comparions with Bill Bellichick are erroneous

After failing with the Browns, Bill went back to being a top flight co-ordinator and assistant HC and had the Jets/Pats fighting over him when he stepped up. He was therefore able to name his terms and move forward his vision

Dick has not had anywhere near that strength of position. He was an ok DC in Detriot but little more. He moved to Head Coach by default. He didn't prove himself with admittedly a very poor Lions but they clearly did not identify him as a man of the future there.

The argument was we chose him over Mike Sherman. It think Sherman is over rated as a coach and as a talent evaluator. We did however subsequently miss out on a great Def Coordinator in Jim McNally.

I think we have too many cooks. We need a dominant HC who can tell the GM what he wants and its the GMs responsibility to go get it. I think these important lines of demarcation have become blurred in Buffalo to the detriment of the team.

We either go for an experienced HC and poach them, a currently supremely successful coordinator, or a proven college guy with NFL experience like Charlie Weis

BillsFever21
10-23-2006, 05:36 AM
Clown is harsh but the comparions with Bill Bellichick are erroneous

After failing with the Browns, Bill went back to being a top flight co-ordinator and assistant HC and had the Jets/Pats fighting over him when he stepped up. He was therefore able to name his terms and move forward his vision

Dick has not had anywhere near that strength of position. He was an ok DC in Detriot but little more. He moved to Head Coach by default. He didn't prove himself with admittedly a very poor Lions but they clearly did not identify him as a man of the future there.

The argument was we chose him over Mike Sherman. It think Sherman is over rated as a coach and as a talent evaluator. We did however subsequently miss out on a great Def Coordinator in Jim McNally.

I think we have too many cooks. We need a dominant HC who can tell the GM what he wants and its the GMs responsibility to go get it. I think these important lines of demarcation have become blurred in Buffalo to the detriment of the team.

We either go for an experienced HC and poach them, a currently supremely successful coordinator, or a proven college guy with NFL experience like Charlie Weis

I think that is the best example from us who doesn't compare Jauron to Belicheck just because he didn't do very well his first time around too.

When Belicheck went back as a DC his defense were still dominant and he was still a wanted man. Jauron's defenses wasn't and nobody wanted him. :clap:

Historian
10-23-2006, 05:55 AM
Don't expect him to be going anywhere soon, as Marv is loyal to a fault.

Look haow many years we were saddled with Walt Corey and Dick Roach.

BillsFever21
10-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Don't expect him to be going anywhere soon, as Marv is loyal to a fault.

Look haow many years we were saddled with Walt Corey and Dick Roach.

If Marv can't recognize a dud and fix the problem then he should be gone along with him then.

We have a GM and a HC who are in over their head. They can retire at sunset beach together for all I care.

I don't care what Marv Levy did for us over 10 years ago. What can he do for us now as a GM. In his first year it looks like not a hell of a whole lot.

What kind of success have we gotten from his FA pickups? None. The draft isn't setting the world on fire either. Half of them can't even make the active roster.

The biggest fault was hiring Jauron. It's an offseason of bad decisions by Marv Levy. He can either correct it early by sending Jauron on his way at seasons end or he can sit on his hands go down the tubes with him. It's his choice.

Now if he's too stupid to realize what we have in Jauron then maybe he is too old and senile for the job and should look at replacing himself.

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I know this is going to sound terrible, and I would never wish anything bad upon Levy, as I respect him greatly.. But I really hope he steps down as GM after this year.

This team NEEDS a young, hungry GM who knows today's game and will bring in the right coaches and players to adapt accordingly.