PDA

View Full Version : Relax People

Yasgur's Farm
10-23-2006, 06:20 AM
When Marv Levy came here in the middle of the '86 season, guess what... He was 2 & 5 (Sound familiar?). He proceeded to lead the Bills to a 7 & 8 record in '87 and a 12 & 4 record in '88.

BTW... We had a talented young QB just like we have now.

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Apparently it still hasnt sunk in yet.

You'll figure it out in time.

SquishDaFish
10-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Your the one that hasnt figured it out yet that your rising to the top of the most annoying poster of Billszone

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 08:22 PM
When Marv Levy came here in the middle of the '86 season, guess what... He was 2 & 5 (Sound familiar?). He proceeded to lead the Bills to a 7 & 8 record in '87 and a 12 & 4 record in '88.

BTW... We had a talented young QB just like we have now.

How in the world you're even remotely comparing to Jim Kelly to JP Losman in the same sentence if both laughable and ridiculous.

SquishDaFish
10-23-2006, 08:28 PM
How about this is how the fans reacted when we first drafted Kelly. He is YOUNG and has to develop. Not many QBs succeed the 1st 2 or 3 years in the league.

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Your the one that hasnt figured it out yet that your rising to the top of the most annoying poster of Billszone

Its only the diehards that are annoyed the rest of the forum loves my input
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Typ0
10-23-2006, 08:38 PM
maybe JP could use ten years in NFL europe

Mr. Pink
10-23-2006, 08:39 PM
2 reason not to "relax" as the thread puts it....

1. The entire team is god awful, JP fits it well, but no matter who's behind center...we'll still suck. Unfortunately. Hopefully he starts progressing, but we're back to another year of watching him play well then play like a bonehead the next 3 weeks.

2. We have no one better on the roster to replace him.

SquishDaFish
10-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Keep telling yourself that you might start to believe its true

jmb1099
10-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Very few love your input.

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Very few love your input.

I am already aware that the diehards and the bootlickers do not appreciate my comments

Other than that the regular people are more than ok with my opinions.

jmb1099
10-23-2006, 09:01 PM
I am already aware that the diehards and the bootlickers do not appreciate my comments

Other than that the regular people are more than ok with my opinions.
You're delusional

SquishDaFish
10-23-2006, 09:08 PM
You really got to pass what your smoking. remember puff puff pass

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 09:17 PM
you're not your

Elminster
10-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Ah, good to see you draz. One of the few fans I've seen who still has his senses about him. It's time for us to buckle down and be "forcefully patient" for the rest of the year at least. Give this the time it both deserves and needs...

jmb1099
10-23-2006, 09:21 PM
you're not your
Well that's what I posted so...

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Anyways I do have a unusual ability to post some very interesting and insightful comments.

Admittedly my insights will fly over the heads of the 'true fans' that are mental prisoners to that peculiar hometown sports religion that they practice.

Those posters are locked into nothing more than week after week repeating the same mantras for Losman and the Bills.

You know what they are:

He only has 14 starts blah blah blah

Here is how his stats compare to so and so after 14 starts blah blah blah

He is learning his 3rd new offense blah blah blah

ect ect ect blah blah blah

So you and I both realize that people like that could not possibly appreciate my objectivity.

But among the astute forum members my opinions figured to be popular food for thought.

And minus the fanatics thats how they are being received.

jmb1099
10-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Anyways I do have a unusual ability to post some very interesting and insightful comments.

Admittedly my insights will fly over the heads of the 'true fans' that are mental prisoners to that peculiar hometown sports religion that they practice.

Those posters are locked into nothing more than week after week repeating the same mantras for Losman and the Bills.

You know what they are:

He only has 14 starts blah blah blah

Here is how his stats compare to so and so after 14 starts blah blah blah

He is learning his 3rd new offense blah blah blah

ect ect ect blah blah blah

So you and I both realize that people like that could not possibly appreciate my objectivity.

But among the astute forum members my opinions figured to be popular food for thought.

And minus the fanatics thats how they are being received.
I've heard your song and dance from a number of other musicians, same tune. I don't dispute Losman has sucked it up in many ways, but I am also able to see that there are more than just qb problems on this team. I have very little problem agreeing Losman needs to make a dramatic turn-around in order to continue to play. I am not prepared to say he cannot improve which is where you and I will have to disagree because you percieve he cannot improve.
So lets get off the Losman train for a moment...you say you offer valuable insight, what other aspects of the team are in dire need of improvement? I say lines, te's and receiving corps. What are your thoughts?

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 09:53 PM
So lets get off the Losman train for a moment...you say you offer valuable insight, what other aspects of the team are in dire need of improvement? I say lines, te's and receiving corps. What are your thoughts?

I have been posting those too, my most recent regarding McGahee was closed because it pushes the wrong buttons of the 'true fan' camp.

Anyways it is the true fans camp that is overly immersed in rationalising for Losman . The rest of us simply respond to the ongoing saga of posters being apologists for him.

I been at the point long enough ago that saying he is done is old new to me.

But I'm willing to continue to debate it with them for thier edification if it remains thier topic of choice.

<!-- / message -->

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 10:31 PM
I have yet to see you be thanked, for any post. Great input.

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 11:00 PM
I have yet to see you be thanked, for any post. Great input.

That's not true, you must have missed it.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 11:03 PM
That's not true, you must have missed it.

What did you say? I wasnt listening.

http://www.dekoomen.nl/weblog/img/simba.jpg

jmb1099
10-24-2006, 06:09 AM
I have been posting those too, my most recent regarding McGahee was closed because it pushes the wrong buttons of the 'true fan' camp.

Anyways it is the true fans camp that is overly immersed in rationalising for Losman . The rest of us simply respond to the ongoing saga of posters being apologists for him.

I been at the point long enough ago that saying he is done is old new to me.

But I'm willing to continue to debate it with them for thier edification if it remains thier topic of choice.

<!-- / message -->
Well this is about what I I thought you'd say. I asked a question about insight into the entire team and you post a defense for beating up on Losman. Another one trick pony crawling out of the wood-work to gain some attention. You said you post insightful stuff, I gave you a perfect platform to discuss the condition of the team, you chose not to...why? You had a WM thread closed? Start one that says the same things without violating the tos, simple as that. But its the mods fault they are biased...nah. Its all about tos. Nope I think just an easy excuse to just keep singing the same song. So no, I don't think many people here love and appreciate your posts or find them insightful. I think there are a lot of angry people right now who will jump on anything anti-losman snd that's where you've decided to make your living at the moment. Not insightful, just opportunistic.

Jan Reimers
10-24-2006, 06:19 AM
The Bills need a further infusion of talent through free agency and next year's draft. JP's play will improve right along with the rest of the team when we strengthen the O and D lines, develop a consistent running game, and get a few playmakers on defense.

It's amazing how much better QBs - especially young ones - play when they have good talent around them.

ddaryl
10-24-2006, 06:25 AM
GFLuNEEDit = RJ