X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBillsStampede
    • Aug 2005

I have officially fallen off the JP bandwagon

Since we drafted JP I have always supported him no matter what, but after yesterday's game I will no longer be able to do so. That was just an awful display of football by a team that probably would have lost to Ohio State or Michigan. Are there any others like me?
    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: I have officially fallen off the JP bandwagon

The Bills have Green Bay at home in 2 weeks. You'll be back on the Losman bandwagon.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I'm not off it yet...but I'll admit...I've got a foot dangling
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Bufftp
        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I have one foot dangling too.
        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
        to be led by permanent ideals -
        that is what keeps a man patient
        when the world ignores him,
        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Watching his body language from the stands, he seemed frustrated and beaten by the end of the first half, even though it was still 14-3. He was taking shot after shot and basically didn't want to be there. I was a bit surprised, having supported the guy all along.

This is on the Coaches, who must change the Offense drastically during the bye week.Try rolling JP out more to his right, instead of keeping him so glued to the pocket and taking hits which causes fumbles.

Nall and Holcomb are caretaker QB's. A bridge to the next QB, if Losman fails. So it's JP getting one last shot in this 2nd half of the year to see if he's the answer, once and for all.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Elminster
            #1 Kelsay Fan
            • Oct 2006

Something needs to change. He certainly didn't look like the fighter he's been the past two weeks...he looked defeated....he looked like the rest of 'em, in other words. This coaching staff has to get its ass in gear because the culture of losing is rearing its ugly head and swallowing this team. If they don't fix it, Green Bay will come in and spank us. The team, not just JP, is in a crisis of confidence. They don't believe in the coaches, eachother, or, perhaps, themselves, anymore. You got the feeling they were beginning to do so after the Vikings game, but that all died in Chicago and hasn't come back. That rests firmly on Jauron. If we don't come roaring out of the bye-week and start knocking some heads, then this season is over, and perhaps everything on this roster tainted by defeatism. If we lay an egg, mark my words....the only way JP'll find any success is in one of those Trent Green/Rich Gannon kind of ways, 'cause he'll be wrecked. Yesterday was the first time I saw him lie down....may it be the last! When he takes the field in two weeks, I want to see him...no, the whole ********* team, FIGHT!
            Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• BigZ
              • Sep 2003

It looks like as soon as something happens he starts to panic and then reverts back to looking at only one receiver, not checking off, holding the ball too long etc.

The composure goes away and he starts doing everything that will just cause his performance (and the offence's) to spiral downhill.

Unless and until the coaching staff (this one or any other) can get into his head and get him to shake it off and keep his composure he will not get to be a good quarterback.

I haven't fallen off the bandwagon yet but with me it's not just one leg dangling but I'm leaning heavily. To continue the metaphor - one more bump in the road and I'll fall off.

The problem I really see is that we can't afford to spend a high draft pick on a quarterback in the draft - we need to draft for the OL and DL heavily.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Yeah, it's called playing from behind. Every week our D figures out a way to let the opposing team get on the board first.

Comment

• Cleve
                  • Oct 2004

I was never on the "Loss-Man" bandwagon to begin with - he's just part of the Tom Dumbahoe legacy. However, it would be nice if we could see him play behind a good OL at least once or twice before cutting him.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                  per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Yeah, it's called playing from behind. Every week our D figures out a way to let the opposing team get on the board first.
                    but Losman needs to keep his composure when we get behind. He can't panic and force throws. 14-3 early in the second is less than ideal, but it's not exactly panic time yet.

I wouldn't say I'm off the bandwagon, but with every game I'm losing confidence in him as our QB of the future. He's just not improving.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                      Watching his body language from the stands, he seemed frustrated and beaten by the end of the first half, even though it was still 14-3. He was taking shot after shot and basically didn't want to be there. I was a bit surprised, having supported the guy all along.

This is on the Coaches, who must change the Offense drastically during the bye week.Try rolling JP out more to his right, instead of keeping him so glued to the pocket and taking hits which causes fumbles.

Nall and Holcomb are caretaker QB's. A bridge to the next QB, if Losman fails. So it's JP getting one last shot in this 2nd half of the year to see if he's the answer, once and for all.
                      Great post.. and your 100% right, as soon as it was 14-3, more specifically the telegraphed pick he threw after the 2 minute warning, Losman was finished and defeated.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

What else can you do but let him ride out the season and look for signs of hope?

Yesterday I endorsed the idea of benching him, albeit TEMPORARILY, just to punish him for the fumbles. I was speaking out of raw frustration, and now with a day to calm down, that would probably just make things worse. QB controversy, divided locker room. The coaches made a commitment to him, the franchise made an investment in him (yes, a different FO drafted him but he's still making Ralph's money), and since there is nothing to play for this year, the season is about evaluating the team for the future.
                        In terms of strictly passing, he wasn't bad yesterday. EVERY QB throws INTs, most of them bad ones. McNabb threw three picks yesterday. Several of Brady's throws were off. Plenty of veterans lock on to receivers, we should know that in Buffalo. Every QB should get one mulligan per game in terms of judging him.
                        The critics say it's the pocket poise that's the problem. That will come ONLY with real game experience, when real defenders are really going after him, and plays are really breaking down. Bill Walsh, who knows a thing or two about QBs, said it takes 32 games to see if a QB has it or not, and JP is halfway there. By the end of the season he'll have 25, and that's enough for me.
                        Yesterday the problem was drive-killing fumbles. That has nothing to do with experience; any QB must protect the ball. That should be the first thing taught in Pop Warner. And it's not something anyone can do to fix except JP himself. It's not like you can have tackle-the-QB drills in practice. If it weren't for the fumbleitis, I would have counted yesterday as a step forward from the previous two weeks.
                        JP is not a natural. Few QBs are. He's a project. Most knew that when he was drafted. And it's hard to think of a more difficult place to develop than the Bills of the past two years.
                        You have to see a project through. He's not holding back a good team.
                        Jump off the bandwagon? There's nowhere to jump to.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Philagape
                          What else can you do but let him ride out the season and look for signs of hope?

Yesterday I endorsed the idea of benching him, albeit TEMPORARILY, just to punish him for the fumbles. I was speaking out of raw frustration, and now with a day to calm down, that would probably just make things worse. QB controversy, divided locker room. The coaches made a commitment to him, the franchise made an investment in him (yes, a different FO drafted him but he's still making Ralph's money), and since there is nothing to play for this year, the season is about evaluating the team for the future.
                          In terms of strictly passing, he wasn't bad yesterday. EVERY QB throws INTs, most of them bad ones. McNabb threw three picks yesterday. Several of Brady's throws were off. Plenty of veterans lock on to receivers, we should know that in Buffalo. Every QB should get one mulligan per game in terms of judging him.
                          The critics say it's the pocket poise that's the problem. That will come ONLY with real game experience, when real defenders are really going after him, and plays are really breaking down. Bill Walsh, who knows a thing or two about QBs, said it takes 32 games to see if a QB has it or not, and JP is halfway there. By the end of the season he'll have 25, and that's enough for me.
                          Yesterday the problem was drive-killing fumbles. That has nothing to do with experience; any QB must protect the ball. That should be the first thing taught in Pop Warner. And it's not something anyone can do to fix except JP himself. It's not like you can have tackle-the-QB drills in practice. If it weren't for the fumbleitis, I would have counted yesterday as a step forward from the previous two weeks.
                          JP is not a natural. Few QBs are. He's a project. Most knew that when he was drafted. And it's hard to think of a more difficult place to develop than the Bills of the past two years.
                          I agree. If we benched every player from Sunday who played badly to punish them we wouldn't even be able to assemble a team. Nall is only ever going to be a back up who if he is average may only delay the drafting of a QB, Holcomb, forget it.

We play JP to the end of the season, draft a QB on Day1 and let them fight it out again. Just the two of them, equal reps and pre-season games each.
                          He may still turn it around but it won't happen if he's on the bench.
                          We have to face it that this is year 1 of 3 or 4. I don't see introducing a new QB after year 1 a slow down of this as we need to evaluate what we have first. Hell I'd throw all the rookie OLs on. For me that can only do as worse and more than likely will do much better

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape

Great post. Dead on. Pulling JP for the sake of pulling him doesn't make alot of sense.

If he is playing "god awful" with 3 or 4 games to go than we might see Nall. But right now you need to stay the course so we can put our gameplan together for the off-season.

Steve Young, who I have alot of respect for, really made a great point about JP and handling the ball. He said there are basic scenarios regarding having two hands on the ball and how to leave the pocket, etc. Who the hell is our QB coach becuase he needs a beating!!

Comment

• Inetpub
                              i'm a tool
                              • Aug 2006

In reponse to Philagapes novel, normally I dont agree with you. The things you said in your post are agreable and true. I have said many times JP still has to worry about holding 2 hands on the ball and that is something that is taught from when he started football. Another thing is, There really isnt any other option.

I DONT THINK NALL IS AN ANSWER. What I do think is that Marv and Ralph need to make a decision. NOW or NEVER. Is JP the man? If they are focused on the future, Tell the news that JP will be the future here. I think they have neglected that too this point this year. DJ has said JP is progressing but he isnt the QB they want him to be yet. That doesnt give me a sign of his future. If JP is the man, stick with him to the end now or never. If he isnt, put in a vet and sign a FA or draft a QB next draft. Putting Nall in is useless as Nall is really a 3rd stringer. Id rather see KH back. Atleast I know with KH we have some leadership and a QB that has lead games and won.
                              That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

Working...
                              X