PDA

View Full Version : If Jauron is going to make a QB change, now is the time to do it

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2006, 07:13 AM
Otherwise, he should stay with JP for the rest of the year. Now is the ONLY time I'd make a switch, because of the extra week of preparation. That being said, I'll be amazed if he does make a switch.

The King
10-23-2006, 07:17 AM
No change is necessary... a change will just spark more questions and controversy. This is JP's chance even still, he can build on this and show us we have something to build on or he can continue to flounder and show us in fact that we still haven't found a replacement for Jim Kelly.

TacklingDummy
10-23-2006, 07:27 AM
JP stays the starter. The question has to be answered if he is the future of the Bills and that can't be done on the bench. Last thing I want is JP on the roster next year and people still thinking he is the future.

BigZ
10-23-2006, 08:11 AM
He need to keep playing - at least for a few more weeks. Why not? Where is this team going? The playoffs are a dream. We'd be better off 2-12 with a high draft pick than if we were 8-8. If JP hasn't shaken this off and progressed, start Nall for the last 2-3 games to see if he might be our answer for next year.

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 08:18 AM
Here is the deal, we are 7 games in and 2-5. We have a weak GB team coming in playing AT BUFFALO. If ever we needed a win, now is it.

That said I agree, if he doesn't make a switch now, then dont make it all year. But now is the time IF that is the way they are leaning.

Saratoga Slim
10-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Here is the deal, we are 7 games in and 2-5. We have a weak GB team coming in playing AT BUFFALO. If ever we needed a win, now is it.

That said I agree, if he doesn't make a switch now, then dont make it all year. But now is the time IF that is the way they are leaning.

I'm leaning towards not making a QB change at all. I want to come out of this season knowing for sure whether or not JP is the guy. I'm getting a little nervous.

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 08:48 AM
1- I like like Vic Carucci said last night on TV.. There shouldn't be a controversy, but Losman is PLAYING HIS WAY INTO ONE.. He (as do I) do NOT think there will be a change during the bye.. But if he doesnt start to understand what leading a football team is all about, and not turning the ball over like its his job, then we need to see what Nall can do.

What Carucci said, is that if you try out Nall and he doesnt work out either, its not like you CANT bring back Losman to start the final 3-4 games.

IF we're being honest, I really dont know what to think anymore. I dont think Nall will be any better, but then again, can he be much worse? I'm pretty convinced the QB of the Bills for next year is either on another team right now or playing in college.

Losman flat out sucks and even his biggest supporters (at one time anyway) are starting to see it.. NO intangibles at all, and now the idiot is embarrasing himself by discussing movies as a way to hold on to the football better.

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm leaning towards not making a QB change at all. I want to come out of this season knowing for sure whether or not JP is the guy. I'm getting a little nervous.

I am starting to think we and the coaching staff already know

Michael82
10-23-2006, 04:39 PM
No change is necessary... a change will just spark more questions and controversy. This is JP's chance even still, he can build on this and show us we have something to build on or he can continue to flounder and show us in fact that we still haven't found a replacement for Jim Kelly.
:up:

YardRat
10-23-2006, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't pull him yet. Keep going so that there is NO DOUBT. Either he gets his head out of his ass after the bye week and starts to show some real progress, or else he's done in Buffalo...FOR GOOD. If he goes to the bench this time in favor of someone else, he's done.

JP still needs at least a few more games to go either way...whether he improves or regresses is up to him.