• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Troy Smith...

In light of recent events we need to give up the farm and land Troy. BTW if we do land Troy would should not try to convert him to a pocket passer.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Troy Smith...

He's not a first round talent. I believe he's 6 ft. and 190.

I hope he wins the Heisman and National Championship but the Bills need to find OL,DL and a MLB early in the next draft.

You must build from the lines out to win. This past draft was weak in top OL talent, after Jason Ferguson. This year, no excuse. Get the big bodies in here or the QB will never succeed on this team, regardless who it is.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

If Ohio does win the National title thats more of a reason to bring him in. We need that kind of a leader heading this squad.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
        If Ohio does win the National title thats more of a reason to bring him in. We need that kind of a leader heading this squad.
        I'm a huge fan of his... but College and Pro success are lite years apart. See Danny Wuerful, Chris Weinke, Akili Smith and on and on and on..
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
          I'm a huge fan of his... but College and Pro success are lite years apart. See Danny Wuerful, Chris Weinke, Akili Smith and on and on and on..
          I think in most cases the light years are in maturity, which I feel isn't a weakness of Smiths. I think he is a much better choice than Quinn at this stage of the season.
          It was all

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

No. I would go leak before Smith

Comment

• Bmax
              • Aug 2003

Smith is stronger and bigger than Leak..arm strength included.....i would say the accurate measurments for Leak and smith are

Leak-5-11-205

Smith-6-0-215....Better runner

I would like to see how both guys operate under center ...I know both are in the shot gun a good deal... how they drop back and set up and throw could be the difference of where they are drafted....

Bmax

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Maybe, Im wrong, but I thought Smith was 6'2? I think Smith will be taken in the 1st round. He doesnt have the height that you look for, but he has the leadership qualities you would want from a QB. He also has a big time arm, with lots of touch. The kid can run, and he can throw. The most attractive thing about him, is that he knows how to win football games.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                  Maybe, Im wrong, but I thought Smith was 6'2? I think Smith will be taken in the 1st round. He doesnt have the height that you look for, but he has the leadership qualities you would want from a QB. He also has a big time arm, with lots of touch. The kid can run, and he can throw. The most attractive thing about him, is that he knows how to win football games.
                  Exactly why i started this thread....
                  It was all

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

No to QB in round one. LEFT TACKLE!

Jesus Christ EVERY year for the last decade we go over this same ****. Fans want to take a lesser talent at tackle and guard hoping to find the next gem in lower rounds. Each year for a decade our OL HAS SUCKED BECAUSE OF IT!!!!

What part of 'NO QB can do well behind this line' is everyone missing? Stop looking at christmas lights and start finding a better tree to hang them on.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Exactly why i started this thread....
                      Cheers to you! We're on the same page. I agree with your original post also. I however wouldnt trade up for him. If Quinn were to fall to us, would you take him over Smith?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Not a first round talent?
                        i'll bet you whatever you want to bet that Troy Smith is among the first FIVE Picks taken in the draft.

IM not saying Buffalo should give up the farm for him or that we would even take him, I'm saying he's GONE in the very early part of round one.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          No to QB in round one. LEFT TACKLE!

Jesus Christ EVERY year for the last decade we go over this same ****. Fans want to take a lesser talent at tackle and guard hoping to find the next gem in lower rounds. Each year for a decade our OL HAS SUCKED BECAUSE OF IT!!!!

What part of 'NO QB can do well behind this line' is everyone missing? Stop looking at christmas lights and start finding a better tree to hang them on.
                          Man, theres been alot of good linemen in the 2nd round. Baas, and Light are a couple in recent years, that I can remember. Plus, theirs some very good OL men, that will be available through FA. I'm positive we could still upgrade our OL, if we took a QB in the 1st.

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                            Cheers to you! We're on the same page. I agree with your original post also. I however wouldnt trade up for him. If Quinn were to fall to us, would you take him over Smith?
                            I like Smith better than Quinn especially with our line. I have watched quite a few ND games and I am not blown away by Quinn.
                            It was all

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

I like Smith better than Quinn especially with our line. I have watched quite a few ND games and I am not blown away by Quinn.
                              Yeah, I watch ND play alot too. And you may be onto something about Troy and our OL. I noticed that Weiss puts the game on Quinns shoulders, and he has been carrying ND so far. Plus, ND is running a pro style offense, that requires quick reads. Oh yeah, its also enticing because he is being coached by Weiss, who shredded Buffalo for how many years?

Comment

Working...
                              X