Please say goodbye to Spikes, Fletcher and Villareal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Please say goodbye to Spikes, Fletcher and Villareal.

I'm sorry about Spikes but I told you that he was done. I've been in the know on the specifics of the injury and he is not coming back. PERIOD. Fletcher is the same big mouth who had no problem blaming JP for the game yesterday but failed to admit that he cost us 7 points with his assinine penalty on a kneeling Brady. Jauron should cut him and send a message. Which leads me to Villareal. He's a veteran and blows an assignment where JP is expecting protection. Of course JP gets blind sided and he fumbles the ball. Villareal has the nerve to blame JP as well.

If anybody wants to criticize this team it should be Peters. He is the only guy that showed up to play on Sunday. If he wants to blast JP he has earned the right. JP gave up the ball 3 times. That is unacceptable. But if you want to point the finger as a player than you had better make sure you played a good game first.

Manadatory cuts for next year:

Villareal
    Gandy
    Fletcher
    Spikes

I'm done with these losers.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Please say goodbye to Spikes, Fletcher and Villareal.

you had best put JP on that list as well. This kid just can't grasp how to be a good leader and QB.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Villarial BLOWS. I've been saying this at least since the Denver game last year- I can't wait to find a replacement for him.

Gandy showed his true colors against Detroit.

Fletch is a FA and will be too expensive to re-sign (especially with his scum agent). Plus he can't cover the pass, which is a huge liability in this D.

Spikes- because of the injuries, this is basically like preseason for him. I'll give him a few more games to see if he flashes his old self. But at his level of performance right now, he's not worth his cap hit either- restructure or cut next year.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Spikes may never be the same but calling him and Fletcher losers proves you're just another Billszone Drama Queen, craving attention at any cost.

BTW - Gandy and Fletchers contracts expire and do not need to be cut. Chris V may also be in that boat.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Wasn't the penalty on Kelsay? Fletcher tried to stop from hitting while Kelsay just drilled him.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Fletcher is the same big mouth who had no problem blaming JP for the game yesterday but failed to admit that he cost us 7 points with his assinine penalty on a kneeling Brady.
            That wasn't Fletcher's penalty. Fletcher actually got a sack on that play, as he touched Brady first. Kelsay got the penalty when he dove on top of Brady after Fletcher had touched him down.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Umm..he hardly drilled him.

In fact, I thought it was a pretty lame penalty, considering what happened to Trent Green in almost the same situation.

And since when does a quarterback just give up and sit down with his head between his legs?

Pansey.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                Wasn't the penalty on Kelsay? Fletcher tried to stop from hitting while Kelsay just drilled him.
                Absolutely.. It was on Kelsay, and he admitted it and worse, he said he didnt know he couldnt hit him.. blahblahblah

Fletcher is a player needed on this team, you NEED to have veteran leadership and since our quarterback has not the first clue on how to be a leader, a veteran has to do it.

You cant have a team of ALL young players, you need solid vets in there as well.. And there is nothing wrong with Fletch's game, he's still playing at a high level.

It comes down to dollars and what he wants.. If he signed a new deal for around same money I'd bring him back 2-3 years, otherwise see ya.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Villarial BLOWS. I've been saying this at least since the Denver game last year- I can't wait to find a replacement for him.

Gandy showed his true colors against Detroit.

Fletch is a FA and will be too expensive to re-sign (especially with his scum agent). Plus he can't cover the pass, which is a huge liability in this D.

Spikes- because of the injuries, this is basically like preseason for him. I'll give him a few more games to see if he flashes his old self. But at his level of performance right now, he's not worth his cap hit either- restructure or cut next year.
                  Yep.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
                    Umm..he hardly drilled him.

In fact, I thought it was a pretty lame penalty, considering what happened to Trent Green in almost the same situation.

And since when does a quarterback just give up and sit down with his head between his legs?

Pansey.
                    He hit him pretty good, considering Brady had gone down to his knees (insert comment here). It was an asinine, inexcusable play for a veteran player. And it was different from Green because Green had just gone into a slide and the guy that hit him got pushed into him. The players know the refs will call that penalty every time.

The NFL treats QB's like they wear little skirts. (Insert Brady Comment)
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                      Spikes may never be the same but calling him and Fletcher losers proves you're just another Billszone Drama Queen, craving attention at any cost.

BTW - Gandy and Fletchers contracts expire and do not need to be cut. Chris V may also be in that boat.
                      Wether we don't renew their contarct or cut them, the result is the same.

"Drama Queen"??? How about a realist.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        Fletcher is a player needed on this team, you NEED to have veteran leadership and since our quarterback has not the first clue on how to be a leader, a veteran has to do it.

You cant have a team of ALL young players, you need solid vets in there as well.. And there is nothing wrong with Fletch's game, he's still playing at a high level.

It comes down to dollars and what he wants.. If he signed a new deal for around same money I'd bring him back 2-3 years, otherwise see ya.
                        Funny how I never here the other players saying that Fletcher is a leader. I don't want any lingering memories of this sucky era left. Spikes, Fletcher and Villareal can all take the same bus.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Funny how I never here the other players saying that Fletcher is a leader. I don't want any lingering memories of this sucky era left. Spikes, Fletcher and Villareal can all take the same bus.
                          Good point! When have we heard any PLAYER refer to Fletcher as a leader

Comment

I agree with those named and can also add Clements to the list

Gandy is not a starting tackle. At present he's not even back up material.

Fletcher is now 32 on the downside of his career and would want over $5m which his play simply doesn't warrant.

As for Clements he wants Champ Bailey money which I estimate to be $9m a season. He's not playing to $900,000 a season. At most he should get a max of $5m a season. He'll insist on more than that. Good bye.

Villarial I think has lost a step. At least we saw a glimpse of Merz at the game which gives me hope he can step up and play at guard. I still fancy Preston as the big centre we possible need. We should stop moving around. We drafted him as the centre of the future. Well the future is now.

With TKO I don't think he can ever reclaim his pre-eminence. The bottom line is performance does not justify his cap number. My concern is if both him and Fletcher go we are seriously short of starting calibre depth. Ellison shows promise but we may need to add a draft pick as well

You can also add to the list Everett who has been mascerading as a TE, Tim Anderson as he not done enough, the need for a big WR which means Price, Davis or Reed will need to be off loaded, Shelton who's contract is up at the end of the season and either Bowen or Wire though I think the former only signed a 1 year deal so is an UFA anyway. We need to sign a FA, who can spell or mentor Simpson

If we are drafting a QB, you cut Holcomb first, then Nall, then Losman, because Holcomb contibutes nothing, Nall will be a career back up and JP, at least he is close enough to push any QB.

So potentially we need either in the draft or FA

LT
                            ILB
                            OLB
                            a backup CB who can start in a pinch, Youboty deserves a shout.
                            OG but not urgently as Merz, Preston and even Peters could move inside.
                            a big NT
                            TE
                            QB
                            WR ... a No2 who is large in stature
                            FB
                            FS

I think the FB will be an OFA, the WR could be Kelley Washington or Elvin Wilford.

Safeties which are available are Tony Parrish and Michael Lewis both unlikely to be re-signed but who played college FS. Lewis in only 26. Terrence Holt is also available as a FS and I think either he on Jon McCraw will be cut loose.

At corner, I think Mike Rumph, Andre Woolfork or Michael Waddell, and all providing depth with possible starting ability.

LB will be the trickiest. June has had legal problems which may seriously count against him, Adalius Thomas is big but not always effective, Briggs will be franchised. I would love to grab Chase Blackburn for the strongside but he is an ERFA.

Of course there may be cuts but I see us drafting a LT, QB, ILB, TE, OG and a big NT sleeper from a small school, probably in that order.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

I can't believe Villarial is still in the NFL. I've never seen a guard so consistently bad.

I agree Fletcher is gone after this year. The defense needs speed, and he won't get any faster. With all the help this team needs, we need all the cap room we can get. And we've done a pretty good job developing young linebackers.

In a football context, Spikes is a tragedy. One of the game's great players reduced to a shell of his former self. One can only pray he'll improve this season; if not, you need to think about the future.

Gandy? It's sad if anyone thought he was a solution in the first place.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X