• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

If you want a QB change, you're insane

Look, I'm not happy with JP's performance either. But let's face the facts here.

First, we are NOT making the playoffs- deal with it. Even if we win out, we won't win the division unless NE finishes 6-4 or worse. That ain't happening.

Second, benching JP now means one of two things will happen:
    a) we'll have given up on a guy drafted to be our franchise QB after 15 starts- we'll be getting a new QB in the off season and expect 2-3 more years of struggles while the new QB is groomed.
    b) JP will still be on our roster next year, and we'll be going into next season 3 years into the Great JP Experiment without knowing any more about him than we did at the start of this season or the start of last season. That's absolutely pathetic management.

We're just going to have to live with the fact that JP is our best option at the moment.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: If you want a QB change, you're insane

Call me insane then..

I want to see what Nall can do.. He cant put us in position to lose games anymore than Losman has.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Look, I'm not happy with JP's performance either. But let's face the facts here.

First, we are NOT making the playoffs- deal with it. Even if we win out, we won't win the division unless NE finishes 6-4 or worse. That ain't happening.

Second, benching JP now means one of two things will happen:
      a) we'll have given up on a guy drafted to be our franchise QB after 15 starts- we'll be getting a new QB in the off season and expect 2-3 more years of struggles while the new QB is groomed.
      b) JP will still be on our roster next year, and we'll be going into next season 3 years into the Great JP Experiment without knowing any more about him than we did at the start of this season or the start of last season. That's absolutely pathetic management.

We're just going to have to live with the fact that JP is our best option at the moment.
      No.. ABsolutely "pathetic managemant" is letting a quarterback continue to start because he's younger, and was a higher draft pick. He's regressing, he has the body language of a complete loser on the field, and when it comes to him I'd rather cut my losses now, see what Nall has (probably not much) and if need be, start to center my team next year around a REAL quarterback.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Call me insane then..

I want to see what Nall can do.. He cant put us in position to lose games anymore than Losman has.
        it's not about winning or losing games anymore- that ship has sailed. It's about not ****ing over the future of this franchise. Craig Nall is not the answer. JP may be the answer, although that's becoming less and less likely. This season is hosed- the least we can get out of iit is definitively resolving the JP issue, unlike the last two seasons where we failed to do that.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          No.. ABsolutely "pathetic managemant" is letting a quarterback continue to start because he's younger, and was a higher draft pick. He's regressing, he has the body language of a complete loser on the field, and when it comes to him I'd rather cut my losses now, see what Nall has (probably not much) and if need be, start to center my team next year around a REAL quarterback.
          so you're willing to completely give up on JP after 15 starts? I'll admit it doesn't look good for him right now, but QB is the hardest position on the field. The Bills gave up a lot to get him. They owe it to themselves and their fans to at least give him a legit shot before throwing in the towel.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

so you're willing to completely give up on JP after 15 starts? I'll admit it doesn't look good for him right now, but QB is the hardest position on the field. The Bills gave up a lot to get him. They owe it to themselves and their fans to at least give him a legit shot before throwing in the towel.
            They owe it to their fans to put a QB out there who's not going to be directly responsible for 8 of the 11 turnovers in the last three games.

Im FAR from sold on Nall, but at least I can use the "you never know if you dont try" excuse with him. Losman has showed me that's he's complete garbage and his "stats" have VERY little to do with my conclusion. Instead of going on and on about it, I"ll just use the word "intangibles"

The Bills did give up a lot to get them. That's not Levy or Jauron's problem. We also paid Nall a $1.3 million signing bonus to sign him, and if the Bills were better or even showed a SIGN on offense of being better I'd say who cares. But we CONTINUE to go backwards, and at this point I am convinced JP is NOT the future of this team (unless you want the 4-6 win seasons to continue) and now I want to be sure that Nall isnt the future of this team either.. So that come next Winter/Spring I know what the top priority needs to be.

yes, I know our OL blows, but NOTHING is more important than QB and we have one right now that is just plain old lost.

Lastly, 15 starts IS enough to show me he doesnt have "it", especially when he is going directly backwards.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I think giving up on Losman now hoses next season and quite possibly the next 2-3 seasons as well. I'd much rather see this organization make a legitimate, full season effort to make Losman into the franchise QB than to roll the dice on Craig Nall.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Ok here is the deal...TOM DONAHOE gave up a ton to get him. He also drafted Mike Williams 4th overall didn't he?

Lets stop the BS OP, he has had a legit shot and is now regressing, not getting better or even maintaining.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  Ok here is the deal...TOM DONAHOE gave up a ton to get him. He also drafted Mike Williams 4th overall didn't he?

Lets stop the BS OP, he has had a legit shot and is now regressing, not getting better or even maintaining.
                  I fully admit that he looks like ****, but do you really think benching him for Craig ****ing Nall is the answer?

Benching Losman now either means we're already giving up on him and need to start looking for another QB OR we go into next year with the same questions about him that we've had the last two years. Do either of those sound like good options to you?
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

I fully admit that he looks like ****, but do you really think benching him for Craig ****ing Nall is the answer?

Benching Losman now either means we're already giving up on him and need to start looking for another QB OR we go into next year with the same questions about him that we've had the last two years. Do either of those sound like good options to you?
                    the 'answer' isn't even on this roster. Thats what fans need to understand.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

the 'answer' isn't even on this roster. Thats what fans need to understand.
                      you're probably right, but why wouldn't we stick with Losman and just hope for the best (as unlikely as it seems at this point)?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

you're probably right, but why wouldn't we stick with Losman and just hope for the best (as unlikely as it seems at this point)?
                        Because the obvious is there in front of us. They benched Mcgee realising after 3 weeks of futility he wasn't cutting it. Time to do the same with JP.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Because the obvious is there in front of us. They benched Mcgee realising after 3 weeks of futility he wasn't cutting it. Time to do the same with JP.
                          cornerback and QB are not the same thing.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                            • Nov 2005

Because he's terrible.

Nall might be slightly less than terrible, but even if he's worse...who cares? Like you said, we're not making the playoffs or anything.

Either way, I'll say it...I'm ready to give up on Losman, right now. He's gone next year and we then have to find our QB of the future. We're a year or two away even without the QB, given the struggles in the trenches and our linebackers getting old, and we're never going to win with Losman. So, might as well see what Nall's got and work on buying Troy Smith's mom a house or something.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy
                              Because he's terrible.

Nall might be slightly less than terrible, but even if he's worse...who cares? Like you said, we're not making the playoffs or anything.

Either way, I'll say it...I'm ready to give up on Losman, right now. He's gone next year and we then have to find our QB of the future. We're a year or two away even without the QB, given the struggles in the trenches and our linebackers getting old, and we're never going to win with Losman. So, might as well see what Nall's got and work on buying Troy Smith's mom a house or something.
                              Good post, and if Ron Burgundy says it, it MUST be true.. And I'm really sorry Baxter got punted in the movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X