PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice its TD players we are talking about cutting?

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Fletcher
Spikes
JP
clements Etc.

All brought in or drafted by TD. Willis has a crap attitude and runs when he wants to. McGee has been exposed that he isn't anything more than a great KO return man that is a damn good nickel corner.

Anyone still doubt how badly the TD era screwed us? Expect two more offseasons to fix this. I just hope Marv starts with LT then QB in this next draft.

Take the best LT available (hell trade up if need be) then take Chris Leak in the 2nd. Leak has been in a pro style offense for 2 years now, he will be NFL Ready.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 10:25 AM
I think some have been lousy but some are and continue to be good including Schobel, Crowell and Evans.

The players you've named ... well ... due to injury or end of contract ... we have to make a choice of whether to keep paying big. Like all GMs some picks don't pan out like Tim Anderson and JP Losman.

On the draft, DO NOT trade up for a LT. Its the best LT rich draft in years with limited drop off between Thomas, Baker (maybe), Long (maybe) Brown and Free. Even second tier players like Harris, Otto, and Staley. Trading up will cost us a pick we need, but we definitely need to go LT first.

At QB no more mini-mobile QBs please. Lets go for an big athletic tough guy schooled in a pro-offense with leadership skills ... Drew Stanton.

This draft looks acceptable www.condraft.com (http://www.condraft.com)

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 10:39 AM
I think some have been lousy but some are and continue to be good including Schobel, Crowell and Evans.

The players you've named ... well ... due to injury or end of contract ... we have to make a choice of whether to keep paying big. Like all GMs some picks don't pan out like Tim Anderson and JP Losman.

On the draft, DO NOT trade up for a LT. Its the best LT rich draft in years with limited drop off between Thomas, Baker (maybe), Long (maybe) Brown and Free. Even second tier players like Harris, Otto, and Staley. Trading up will cost us a pick we need, but we definitely need to go LT first.

At QB no more mini-mobile QBs please. Lets go for an big athletic tough guy schooled in a pro-offense with leadership skills ... Drew Stanton.

This draft looks acceptable www.condraft.com (http://www.condraft.com)

But I do NOT trade down in this draft in the first and I don't try to wait till the 2nd round. Its past time for a stud LT on this team

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 10:41 AM
That is a very interesting draft

jamze132
10-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Fletcher
Spikes
JP
clements Etc.

All brought in or drafted by TD. Willis has a crap attitude and runs when he wants to. McGee has been exposed that he isn't anything more than a great KO return man that is a damn good nickel corner.

Anyone still doubt how badly the TD era screwed us? Expect two more offseasons to fix this. I just hope Marv starts with LT then QB in this next draft.

Take the best LT available (hell trade up if need be) then take Chris Leak in the 2nd. Leak has been in a pro style offense for 2 years now, he will be NFL Ready.
You are saying that the Gator's run a pro-style offense? And what team in the NFL runs an offense that even comes close to resemble what Urban runs? 80% of the plays they run are QB options. The rest are QB runs from a freak of nature named Tebow. I love the Gator's but I don't think Chris Leak will be a successful starter in the NFL.

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 11:21 AM
You are saying that the Gator's run a pro-style offense? And what team in the NFL runs an offense that even comes close to resemble what Urban runs? 80% of the plays they run are QB options. The rest are QB runs from a freak of nature named Tebow. I love the Gator's but I don't think Chris Leak will be a successful starter in the NFL.

Good point. Look I don't care who it is honestly. Just be smart, be able to make quick smart decisions...and be in round 2 after we take a LT in round one

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 11:21 AM
TD did a good job, other than the fact he neglected the lines. Oh yeah, he was an ******* too. Spikes, Fletch, McGee and Clements, were all fantastic additions. I think our rookie safeties are making McGee and Clements look bad, there not providing help quick enough.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh yeah, that **** head should of never got rid of Pat Williams. What a dick move. Imagine if we had Pat next to Tripplett this year. Grrrrrrrr.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 11:23 AM
That is a very interesting draft

Personally I go for Long over Brown. Simply because I think Brown's extra bulk might make him too ponderous.

I am also seriously interested in Doug Free (not in that way!) he's been high up the experts boards for some time, the only slight knock on him being 305lbs compared to Long at 319lbs but he has the frame for the extra bulk and has been a LT most of his college career (started as a TE)

We can get him around 26-32 and still have a stud, and with the gaps on our team I am not sure we cannot afford to acquire the extra picks especially as FA is looking very poor this off season in terms of quality.