PDA

View Full Version : It is time to start looking for your new Franchise QB in 2007 Draft

bigbub2352
10-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Lets face it, 3 years of excuses, and he is still Rob Johnsons clone, horrible game management, still getting Delay of game calls, still thorwing easy picks, because he is starring down WRs not checking down,

For someone with all this athletic ability he has no touch on the ball at all, how do u over throw a 4.3 40 guy by 15yds, and then underthrow a guy 7 yds away, cant lead a screen, cant feel the pressure form the backside or the frontside, holds on to the ball too long, takes to many sacks, misses open WRs, fumbles when hit to much, lays his WRs out to dry by making them jump for everything,

The only good thing i got to say about him is he has a good attitude, well so did AVP and he was never a good starter either

Guys is is time to start scouting, i really like MSU qb, Iowa's TATE, and Brady QUinn

God help us get one of these guys, heres not not drafting another DB with the top 10 pick next year

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 10:31 AM
It depends on where they draft next year.

If they're in the top five and they can get Brady Quinn, or Troy Smith you have to take one of them. They are franchise caliber QB's. Brohm in the top 7-8 maybe..

A QB with leadership skills will go a long way towards being respectable again, but you can't just take a QB and not address the OL.

In my ideal world, the Bills will spend some CASH on 2 quality free agent OL who can step in right away, and then hopefully get a franchise QB in the draft.

BILLSROCK1212
10-23-2006, 10:32 AM
Tate? Never!!!! JaMarcus Russell, Troy Smith, or Brian Brohm....YES!!!!!!

Ron Burgundy
10-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Tate? Never!!!! JaMarcus Russell, Troy Smith, or Brian Brohm....YES!!!!!!

I agree...no Tate, for any reason.

Russell I'm not sold on...too many fumbles and picks in bad spots.

Brohm's pretty nasty. Smith's the guy, though.

BILLSROCK1212
10-23-2006, 10:36 AM
I agree...no Tate, for any reason.

Russell I'm not sold on...too many fumbles and picks in bad spots.

Brohm's pretty nasty. Smith's the guy, though.
Russell can throw 70-80 yards on the run even asky draftboy he agrees with me Russell is a top 4 QB prospect and is a Junior.

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 10:38 AM
What is this infactuation with smith? He hasn't done it consistantly over his career. If OSU wasnt' the #1 team in the country no one would want him.

Use the first top pick for a LT then take a SMART QB in the 2nd

Ron Burgundy
10-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Russell can throw 70-80 yards on the run even asky draftboy he agrees with me Russell is a top 4 QB prospect and is a Junior.

That's fair enough...y'all have your opinion and I've got mine. :)

BILLSROCK1212
10-23-2006, 10:40 AM
What is this infactuation with smith? He hasn't done it consistantly over his career. If OSU wasnt' the #1 team in the country no one would want him.

how common is it for a top 10 O-line pick to actually play well just to name a few that havnt Mike Williams Robery Gallery....its too much of a risk although there have been many good top 10 O-line picks there have been many bad too much of a risk there.....I say QB or D-line 1st

Ron Burgundy
10-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Yes, in fact, he has. Do you watch college football?

There's not doubt that he his improved a lot but he's been playing for two years and took over for the number 3 quarterback recruit in the nation at the time (Justin Zwick) and made him look silly.

I'm not doing all the work for you but google and wiki Troy Smith and look at his career, not just this season.

Troy's plenty smart enough, too. Where did that comment come from?

Typ0
10-23-2006, 10:44 AM
None of the QBs are any good comming out this year...that's why we needed to take one last year and that is not a knock on or hindsight opinion of JP Losman. Our opportunity to solidify the QB position fell into our laps last draft and we didn't make the pick. That was a major blunder and we are going to be paying for years.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 10:47 AM
It depends on where they draft next year.

If they're in the top five and they can get Brady Quinn, or Troy Smith you have to take one of them. They are franchise caliber QB's. Brohm in the top 7-8 maybe..

A QB with leadership skills will go a long way towards being respectable again, but you can't just take a QB and not address the OL.

In my ideal world, the Bills will spend some CASH on 2 quality free agent OL who can step in right away, and then hopefully get a franchise QB in the draft.

I'm not sure there is currently two top OL in Free Agency.

I'd like to use the money saved by not re-signing Fletcher-Baker or Clements on Eric Steinbach as he's the only one worth the money.

As mentioned on other posts I go LT in R1. Not necessarily Thomas but maybe Long if he comes out, and I'd be happy to drop toward the bottom of R1 for Doug 'the Freak' Free who will be a stud. If Baker and Long stay in college, as the second best pure LT in the draft (Brown may move to the right) I don't see him in the second in that scenario. While I can see Otto, Harris and Staley being good pro's I'd rather not risk it

Of very strong interest to me is the fact that some drafts have Drew Stanton in the top 15, but due to the Spartans average season, on others he has slipped to the second round. If that is true it is an act of insanity not to grab a Round 1 graded QB in the 2nd. www.condraft.com (http://www.condraft.com)

ICE74129
None of the QBs are any good comming out this year...that's why we needed to take one last year and that is not a knock on or hindsight opinion of JP Losman. Our opportunity to solidify the QB position fell into our laps last draft and we didn't make the pick. That was a major blunder and we are going to be paying for years.

I don't buy it. We finally take a top LT and address RG in FA, we can take a guy in the 2nd that can help this team win and do it soon.

Ron Burgundy

I don't know that I agree with the first statement (I like a couple of the QBs this year), but you might be right about the rest of it.

Depressing.

BILLSROCK1212
10-23-2006, 10:48 AM
None of the QBs are any good comming out this year...that's why we needed to take one last year and that is not a knock on or hindsight opinion of JP Losman. Our opportunity to solidify the QB position fell into our laps last draft and we didn't make the pick. That was a major blunder and we are going to be paying for years. Actually this QB draft class is a lot deeper and has a lot more talent.
Right now from what I've seen including the preseason the top 5 QBs from last year are....

1. Travaris Jackson
2. Jay Cutler
3. Matt Leinart
4. Bruce Gradkowski
5. Vince Young

Although my top 2 havent taken a snap in the NFL that i can recall i think they are the best.

Night Train
You build a team from the lines out, if you wish to compete.

Last year, I understood the Draft direction, because top OL talent wasn't evident beyond Ferguson of the Jets. But if we keep chasing skill positions and ignore the trenches, we can forget ever getting better for a long,long time.

I don't see the next Elway in this QB class so lets stay sober and draft the big OT or DL we so desperately need.

Bmax
You honestly believe that the bills will draft another qb in rd 1 ? No way !!!!!

VERY WISHFUL THINKING....I Think The only slam dunk is BRADY QUINN.. and he WON'T BE THEIR WHEN we pick i'm assuming we pick anywhere from to 5-10.. This season..

Troy Smith may not be even taken in the top 20.. still to early to judge him ....I love smith since i have been a ohio state fan for over 35 years....but scouts may see things i don't ...I love his competitve spirit and leadership .. plus he is a winner....

I think that if the bills draft a qb it will be in rd 3-5....

Bryan

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Yes, in fact, he has. Do you watch college football?

There's not doubt that he his improved a lot but he's been playing for two years and took over for the number 3 quarterback recruit in the nation at the time (Justin Zwick) and made him look silly.

I'm not doing all the work for you but google and wiki Troy Smith and look at his career, not just this season.

Troy's plenty smart enough, too. Where did that comment come from?

I dont have to google anything. I have seen several of his games. He is a damn good College QB, but I doubt he does that well in the pros.

Ron Burgundy
10-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Troy Smith may not be even taken in the top 20.. still to early to judge him ....I love smith since i have been a ohio state fan for over 35 years....but scouts may see things i don't ...I love his competitve spirit and leadership .. plus he is a winner....

Bryan

Right on.

That's the reason I DO want him to be our QB: leadership qualities, good decision making, and WINNING.

jamze132
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
I think if we are going to draft a QB, we should grab some guy from Michigan in round 6.

Who would have thought Tom ****in' Brady would turn out to be one of the best Qb's in the league, while many QB's drafted in round 1 before him have sucked donkeyballs?

Point is, the draft is a crapshoot. We would have better luck paying a verteran QB who has proven he can play in this league. I don't want to waste another pick on a Qb in round 1. We need the best O-lineman available. We are not going to have 2 top 10 draft picks so we can't get both. Take the lineman.

bigbub2352
10-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Whether it is the 1st or 7th round we need to get some real prospect in here, Bruce Gradkowski is a 6th round pick, i mean i am not saying we have to go in the first round, but guys face it JP is no the guy and trust me i wanted him to be but he has flat out sucked and not really progressed, he doenst have it he have to move on FA and draft i welcome both no matter what round we take a guy

HHURRICANE
10-23-2006, 12:01 PM
You build a team from the lines out, if you wish to compete.

Last year, I understood the Draft direction, because top OL talent wasn't evident beyond Ferguson of the Jets. But if we keep chasing skill positions and ignore the trenches, we can forget ever getting better for a long,long time.

I don't see the next Elway in this QB class so lets stay sober and draft the big OT or DL we so desperately need.

Totally, 100%, agree with you here.

BILLSROCK1212
10-23-2006, 12:13 PM
You honestly believe that the bills will draft another qb in rd 1 ? No way !!!!!

VERY WISHFUL THINKING....I Think The only slam dunk is BRADY QUINN.. and he WON'T BE THEIR WHEN we pick i'm assuming we pick anywhere from to 5-10.. This season..

Bryan
how is Brady Quinn a slam dunk? look at his coach look at his recievers...before Weis when he was playing for Willingham he played like ****......Quinn has bust written all over him

Bmax
11-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Quinn is not a bust .. sure he has talent around him .. but so did young and smith..and they had or have better talent....Quinn can make all the throws ..Has good arm strength .. leadership and is very coachable.. He has been taught by a nfl coach .. He is ready for the nfl..Tough tired and tested .. a winner.. Don't worry about Buffalo... Quinn will be a Cleveland Brown come draft day..Unless the lions get smart....

Bmax