X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

It is time to start looking for your new Franchise QB in 2007 Draft

Lets face it, 3 years of excuses, and he is still Rob Johnsons clone, horrible game management, still getting Delay of game calls, still thorwing easy picks, because he is starring down WRs not checking down,

For someone with all this athletic ability he has no touch on the ball at all, how do u over throw a 4.3 40 guy by 15yds, and then underthrow a guy 7 yds away, cant lead a screen, cant feel the pressure form the backside or the frontside, holds on to the ball too long, takes to many sacks, misses open WRs, fumbles when hit to much, lays his WRs out to dry by making them jump for everything,

The only good thing i got to say about him is he has a good attitude, well so did AVP and he was never a good starter either

Guys is is time to start scouting, i really like MSU qb, Iowa's TATE, and Brady QUinn

God help us get one of these guys, heres not not drafting another DB with the top 10 pick next year
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: It is time to start looking for your new Franchise QB in 2007 Draft

It depends on where they draft next year.

If they're in the top five and they can get Brady Quinn, or Troy Smith you have to take one of them. They are franchise caliber QB's. Brohm in the top 7-8 maybe..

A QB with leadership skills will go a long way towards being respectable again, but you can't just take a QB and not address the OL.

In my ideal world, the Bills will spend some CASH on 2 quality free agent OL who can step in right away, and then hopefully get a franchise QB in the draft.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

Tate? Never!!!! JaMarcus Russell, Troy Smith, or Brian Brohm....YES!!!!!!

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
        Tate? Never!!!! JaMarcus Russell, Troy Smith, or Brian Brohm....YES!!!!!!
        I agree...no Tate, for any reason.

Russell I'm not sold on...too many fumbles and picks in bad spots.

Brohm's pretty nasty. Smith's the guy, though.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy
          I agree...no Tate, for any reason.

Russell I'm not sold on...too many fumbles and picks in bad spots.

Brohm's pretty nasty. Smith's the guy, though.
          Russell can throw 70-80 yards on the run even asky draftboy he agrees with me Russell is a top 4 QB prospect and is a Junior.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

What is this infactuation with smith? He hasn't done it consistantly over his career. If OSU wasnt' the #1 team in the country no one would want him.

Use the first top pick for a LT then take a SMART QB in the 2nd

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
              Russell can throw 70-80 yards on the run even asky draftboy he agrees with me Russell is a top 4 QB prospect and is a Junior.
              That's fair enough...y'all have your opinion and I've got mine. :)

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ICE74129
                What is this infactuation with smith? He hasn't done it consistantly over his career. If OSU wasnt' the #1 team in the country no one would want him.

how common is it for a top 10 O-line pick to actually play well just to name a few that havnt Mike Williams Robery Gallery....its too much of a risk although there have been many good top 10 O-line picks there have been many bad too much of a risk there.....I say QB or D-line 1st

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  Yes, in fact, he has. Do you watch college football?

There's not doubt that he his improved a lot but he's been playing for two years and took over for the number 3 quarterback recruit in the nation at the time (Justin Zwick) and made him look silly.

I'm not doing all the work for you but google and wiki Troy Smith and look at his career, not just this season.

Troy's plenty smart enough, too. Where did that comment come from?

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

None of the QBs are any good comming out this year...that's why we needed to take one last year and that is not a knock on or hindsight opinion of JP Losman. Our opportunity to solidify the QB position fell into our laps last draft and we didn't make the pick. That was a major blunder and we are going to be paying for years.

Comment

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      It depends on where they draft next year.

If they're in the top five and they can get Brady Quinn, or Troy Smith you have to take one of them. They are franchise caliber QB's. Brohm in the top 7-8 maybe..

A QB with leadership skills will go a long way towards being respectable again, but you can't just take a QB and not address the OL.

In my ideal world, the Bills will spend some CASH on 2 quality free agent OL who can step in right away, and then hopefully get a franchise QB in the draft.
                      I'm not sure there is currently two top OL in Free Agency.

I'd like to use the money saved by not re-signing Fletcher-Baker or Clements on Eric Steinbach as he's the only one worth the money.

As mentioned on other posts I go LT in R1. Not necessarily Thomas but maybe Long if he comes out, and I'd be happy to drop toward the bottom of R1 for Doug 'the Freak' Free who will be a stud. If Baker and Long stay in college, as the second best pure LT in the draft (Brown may move to the right) I don't see him in the second in that scenario. While I can see Otto, Harris and Staley being good pro's I'd rather not risk it

Of very strong interest to me is the fact that some drafts have Drew Stanton in the top 15, but due to the Spartans average season, on others he has slipped to the second round. If that is true it is an act of insanity not to grab a Round 1 graded QB in the 2nd. www.condraft.com

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                        None of the QBs are any good comming out this year...that's why we needed to take one last year and that is not a knock on or hindsight opinion of JP Losman. Our opportunity to solidify the QB position fell into our laps last draft and we didn't make the pick. That was a major blunder and we are going to be paying for years.
                        I don't buy it. We finally take a top LT and address RG in FA, we can take a guy in the 2nd that can help this team win and do it soon.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                          • Nov 2005

I don't know that I agree with the first statement (I like a couple of the QBs this year), but you might be right about the rest of it.

Depressing.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                            !?!?!?!?!?
                            • Mar 2006

Actually this QB draft class is a lot deeper and has a lot more talent.
                            Right now from what I've seen including the preseason the top 5 QBs from last year are....

1. Travaris Jackson
                            2. Jay Cutler
                            3. Matt Leinart
                            4. Bruce Gradkowski
                            5. Vince Young

Although my top 2 havent taken a snap in the NFL that i can recall i think they are the best.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

You build a team from the lines out, if you wish to compete.

Last year, I understood the Draft direction, because top OL talent wasn't evident beyond Ferguson of the Jets. But if we keep chasing skill positions and ignore the trenches, we can forget ever getting better for a long,long time.

I don't see the next Elway in this QB class so lets stay sober and draft the big OT or DL we so desperately need.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X