PDA

View Full Version : No asterisk if Sabres beat Leafs' 10-0 record

Mitchy moo
10-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Whenever the NFL's lone remaining unbeaten team finally tastes defeat during each NFL season, members of the 1972 Miami Dolphins always toast the moment with a glass of bubbly.
It is their way of celebrating the fact that they maintain their place in history as the only squad to post a perfect regular-season record - in this case, 14-0.
Don't expect the 1993-94 Maple Leafs to follow suit, however.
There will be no champagne corks popping, they claim, should the Buffalo Sabres lose one of their next two games.
The 1993-94 Leafs still hold the record for most consecutive victories to start a regular season, going 10-0.

<TABLE cellPadding=2 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- AdSpace site=sun_media&VChannel=torontosun&SubChannel=sports&Category=section&position=bigbox&HChannel=news --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="http://ads5.canoe.ca/js.ng/site=sun_media&VChannel=torontosun&SubChannel=sports&Category=section&position=bigbox&HChannel=news"></SCRIPT><!-- Sniffer Code for Flash version=40 --><SCRIPT language=VBScript> on error resume next ShockMode = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.4")))if ( ShockMode <= 0 ) then ShockMode = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.5")))if ( ShockMode <= 0 ) then ShockMode = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6")))</SCRIPT> <!-- /AdSpace --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Thirteen years later, the Sabres are threatening that mark.

http://torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2006/10/23/2104900-sun.html

GThirst
10-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Thats lame. All new NHL records should be recorded seperately. The game is A LOT different. Maybe because I want to honor the past heroes, but seriously they played a totally different style of play.

Billscusey
10-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Thats lame. All new NHL records should be recorded seperately. The game is A LOT different. Maybe because I want to honor the past heroes, but seriously they played a totally different style of play.

Screw that!! If the Sabres break the record, I'll be drinkin', and I'll do it every year after if we maintain the record! (As a Buffalo sports fan, I need SOMETHING to celebrate!!)

Mitchy moo
10-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Screw that!! If the Sabres break the record, I'll be drinkin', and I'll do it every year after if we maintain the record! (As a Buffalo sports fan, I need SOMETHING to celebrate!!)

We drink because the days end with a Y Billscusey but having more reasons is always a good thing.