• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

No asterisk if Sabres beat Leafs' 10-0 record

Whenever the NFL's lone remaining unbeaten team finally tastes defeat during each NFL season, members of the 1972 Miami Dolphins always toast the moment with a glass of bubbly.
    It is their way of celebrating the fact that they maintain their place in history as the only squad to post a perfect regular-season record - in this case, 14-0.
    Don't expect the 1993-94 Maple Leafs to follow suit, however.
    There will be no champagne corks popping, they claim, should the Buffalo Sabres lose one of their next two games.
    The 1993-94 Leafs still hold the record for most consecutive victories to start a regular season, going 10-0.

Thirteen years later, the Sabres are threatening that mark.

• GThirst
    • Jul 2006

Re: No asterisk if Sabres beat Leafs' 10-0 record

Thats lame. All new NHL records should be recorded seperately. The game is A LOT different. Maybe because I want to honor the past heroes, but seriously they played a totally different style of play.

Comment

• Billscusey
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by GThirst
      Thats lame. All new NHL records should be recorded seperately. The game is A LOT different. Maybe because I want to honor the past heroes, but seriously they played a totally different style of play.
      Screw that!! If the Sabres break the record, I'll be drinkin', and I'll do it every year after if we maintain the record! (As a Buffalo sports fan, I need SOMETHING to celebrate!!)

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Billscusey
        Screw that!! If the Sabres break the record, I'll be drinkin', and I'll do it every year after if we maintain the record! (As a Buffalo sports fan, I need SOMETHING to celebrate!!)
        We drink because the days end with a Y Billscusey but having more reasons is always a good thing.

Comment

Working...
        X