• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Good News

I dont have the numbers right now, but the Bills should be in EXCELLENT cap shape next season...

The cap is rising after this year (which of course it does for all the teams)

But you also have to figure in we have expensive free agents in Fletcher and Clements, who likely wont be back.. as well as Kelsay and Gandy..

Then if we part ways with Spikes as many are thinking we might do now, we are going to have PLENTY Of cap money to be active.

So the onus will be on Levy between FA and the draft to find much better upgrades at Quarterback, as well as an offensive tackle, maybe a guard and definitely a defensive linemen or two.

I'm not talking borderline starters like Levy gave us a full plate of this year. I"m talking guys that can come in and make an instant impact. Money won't be an excuse thats for sure.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Good News

of course, without Fletch and Spikes your looking at least one new LB if not two needed .......... and possibly a corner unless McGee gets better quick and/or Youboty starts to play and do something positive.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      I dont have the numbers right now, but the Bills should be in EXCELLENT cap shape next season...

The cap is rising after this year (which of course it does for all the teams)

But you also have to figure in we have expensive free agents in Fletcher and Clements, who likely wont be back.. as well as Kelsay and Gandy..

Then if we part ways with Spikes as many are thinking we might do now, we are going to have PLENTY Of cap money to be active.

So the onus will be on Levy between FA and the draft to find much better upgrades at Quarterback, as well as an offensive tackle, maybe a guard and definitely a defensive linemen or two.

I'm not talking borderline starters like Levy gave us a full plate of this year. I"m talking guys that can come in and make an instant impact. Money won't be an excuse thats for sure.
      I have heard Gandy is the only starting tackle not under contract next year. It will be hard for us to find a great tackle. Why not move Peters over there right now?

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I dont know. I'd move Peters too.

Gandy that may be true for now.. But I guarentee you many tackles will become available as cap victims, even with the cap going up.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Hopefully that happens Pat. I say move Peters to see if he has it and if he does upgrade right tackle in the offseason.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

I am a proponent for moving Peter's to LT as well. I always thought your best lineman went to your QB's blindside.

Comment

Well I am a proponent of moving Peters to LG. I think we already have Villarial's replacement in Merz and I think Butler or Pennington could give us a good RT like the Pats have done with O'Callaghan and the Packers with Taucsher.

No disrespect guys but we must take one of these guys as the LT of the future:

Joe Thomas
              Levi Brown
              Sam Baker,
              Jake Long
              Doug Free

I'm not totally sure if moving Jason to LT will put too much pressure on him. I'd prefer a college tackle who's played there for seasons whilst Jason at 6ft4 328lbs is short and wide enough to be a fantastic LG. With Merz our guards would be athletic and combine at an avg of 334lbs. Excellent

Comment

this of course means if a good young LB becomes available we are not spending a lot more cash on the OL. The only OL lineman worth a big deal at the moment is Eric Steinbach and I bet he knows it.

I'd be happy to overpay on a free agent LB, a veteran corner who can bring Youboty along, a big No2 WR, possibly a TE (though I am curious about Herian in the draft) and a big DT if possible.

IF Haynesworth got cut lose, what do you think?

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                  this of course means if a good young LB becomes available we are not spending a lot more cash on the OL. The only OL lineman worth a big deal at the moment is Eric Steinbach and I bet he knows it.

I'd be happy to overpay on a free agent LB, a veteran corner who can bring Youboty along, a big No2 WR, possibly a TE (though I am curious about Herian in the draft) and a big DT if possible.

IF Haynesworth got cut lose, what do you think?
                  Pass on Haynesworth. He had issues in College also. Marv would NEVER touch him.

Need the big MLB to go with the OT and some more beef on the DL. That's primary, this coming off-season. Some other young guys already here must step up at other positions.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

The thing is that it needs to be BALANCED. TD went after high priced free agents- it bought us 2 1/2 years of good D but that was it. Marv went with a bunch of second stringers as FA's and relied on the draft- that didn't work either.

Teams need to build through the draft but fork over for FA's to fill their biggest holes. That's the only way to fix this cluster****.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Pretty much every team in the NFL will be in real good cap shape next year. Just like this year.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                        Pretty much every team in the NFL will be in real good cap shape next year. Just like this year.
                        As will franchise tags, and in general the market rate for players.

Its better to have 20 million than 15 million.. Im sure you catch my drift.

Comment

Working...
                        X