kernowboy
10-23-2006, 11:27 AM
He'll be in Oakland

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Not unless we trade for the #1 pick

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Quinn won't be the #1 pick. I doubt he'll even be the first QB chosen.

The King
10-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Quinn won't be the #1 pick. I doubt he'll even be the first QB chosen.

Op you think he is all hype too?

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Yes he will be the #1 QB taken, and he'll end up probably in Oakland..

Regardless, he wont be around when Buffalo picks.. Buffalo sucks this year, but they're going to win just enough games to not fall into the top five...

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Op you think he is all hype too?

I don't think he's all hype. He has the arm strength, a lot of the intangibles and experience in an NFL style system. He's also incredibly tough. I think he'll be a solid NFL QB. But he's not the next Peyton Manning. I think there are several draft-eligible QB's who have outplayed him this year, and barring an amazing finish (ND has 6 games remaining plus they'll probably make a bowl game), I think someone like Smith will be picked ahead of him.

If you need a QB to plug in as an immediate solution, Quinn's probably about as close as you'll come. But if you want a QB who's a little more of a project but will yield better long term results, I'd go with Smith.

Devin
10-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Troy Smith would be fine :D

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Well lets take a look at who is below and with us right now record-wise and see who would take a QB...

1 Win Teams
Arizona- Not a chance, Leinart.
Detroit- Very good possibility they would take a QB
Miami- No, not with Culpepper and Harrington.
Oakland- Absolutely would take Quinn, they're going QB first.
Tennessee- Not a chance, with Young on the roster.
Cleveland- Not likely, they still like Frye.

2 Win Teams
Washington- Nah, they have a #1 pick who hasnt played a down yet.
Buffalo- Hmmmmm
SF- Nope, not with Alex Smith
TB- Doubtful, not with Simms and Gradkowski.
GB- NO, not with Aaron Rodgers
Houston- Not likely with Carr, but possible. I'd say no
Pittsburgh- Irrelevant, they wont end up in this pack.

So Oakland for sure and probably Detroit are two teams worse than us that would take a QB. Houston would be possible, though unlikely plus I can almost guarentee they will finish off better than Buffalo.

if your looking at Quinn, Smith or Brohm as your future QB, I think you need to finish with no worse than the 8th pick in the draft such as we did last year. If you're looking at Quinn specifically, well you better not finish with a better record than Oakland, and probably Detroit as well.

Devin
10-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Sounds like we need Oakland and Detriot to win some ballgames.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Sounds like we need Oakland and Detriot to win some ballgames.
hahaha

TacklingDummy
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Oakland will pick Quinn and it would be a perfect fit for Quinn. A rookie QB would love to have Randy Moss to throw to.

PcA125
10-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Hasnt Kitna played pretty well this year though? Maybe they will like what they have in him.

raphael120
10-23-2006, 12:18 PM
well i think draft aside, we're going to have ALOT of money to throw at some FA talent out there, gettin rid of fletcher, clements, villiareal (sp? he sucks anyways), spikes... god it just makes me want to punch a baby to know how much money is wasted for clements.

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Oakland will pick Quinn and it would be a perfect fit for Quinn. A rookie QB would love to have Randy Moss to throw to.

a perfect fit only if Oakland fixes their OL. Quinn won't be able to see Moss cuz he'll be flat on his back every play.

TacklingDummy
10-23-2006, 12:27 PM
a perfect fit only if Oakland fixes their OL. Quinn won't be able to see Moss cuz he'll be flat on his back every play.

With the way ND played against UCLA last weekend, Quinn is getting alot of practice running for his life and throwing.

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 12:29 PM
With the way ND played against UCLA last weekend, Quinn is getting alot of practice running for his life and throwing.

yeah don't remind me- at least ND escaped with an exciting win.

billsfairweatherfan
10-23-2006, 12:43 PM
He'll be in Oakland
okland won .and the way jp is playing we will be at the bottom..

Slim
10-23-2006, 03:25 PM
i pray we get quinn.

Mitchy moo
10-23-2006, 03:26 PM
this is bad.

SquishDaFish
10-23-2006, 04:59 PM
JP will be the starter next year the sooner you guys realize that the faster you can move on to realize we need to work on the Lines. He will be the starter period.

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 05:01 PM
kinda like what he'd do here :laughter:

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 05:12 PM
JP will be the starter next year the sooner you guys realize that the faster you can move on to realize we need to work on the Lines. He will be the starter period.

I think JP will be here next season

I think we must draft a LT in Round 1 and if we are comparatively high I'd like to trade down for either Jake Long if he comes out or Doug Free as by trading down, we'll get extra picks we need maybe even an extra high pick in 2008 and still get a franchise LT who will be our Wil Wolford for a good 7-8 years. Even Free at the bottom of the 1st will do that.

But I'd like to draft Drew Stanton if he falls to Round2 as I think we cannot avoid picking cheaply (cap as well as round) a round1 QB.

People will scream at me but here is my rational

1) if he beats out JP, then we have upgraded
2) if JP beats out Stanton, he gets more cred but we still have a young QB to develop
3) down the line both JP and/or Stanton have trade value. Holcomb and Nall have none.
4) we get better security at the QB position

By trading down we will have picked up a high Day1 which compensates for us spending a R2 on a QB. It may be a bit of luxury pick, but we have our LT, there isn't much on the DT side unless we look at small school on Day2 but the extra Day 1 pick can be used on a couple of LBs or another OL.

I could live with

R1. Free LT
R2. Stanton
R2 (extra?) / R3 (ours) LB
R3 (ours or extra?) OG

Night Train
10-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Can Quinn block in the running game or plug the middle when the opponent runs on 3rd and 2 ? Otherwise, nothing will change.

If I want a jersey, I'll buy a Perreault Sabres throwback.

Right now, I want a football front office that knows how to build a winner. I'm patient this year but will scream if we pass on a big OT or DL for the latest shiny object at QB.

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Can Quinn block in the running game or plug the middle when the opponent runs on 3rd and 2 ? Otherwise, nothing will change.

If I want a jersey, I'll buy a Perreault Sabres throwback.

Right now, I want a football front office that knows how to build a winner. I'm patient this year but will scream if we pass on a big OT or DL for the latest shiny object at QB.
Unless Quinn is switching to LT the rest of the reason and plays well enough to make All-America at the position, I don't want him.

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 06:23 PM
kinda like what he'd do here :laughter:

touche.

Our OL isn't Oakland bad, but it's still pretty bad.