PDA

View Full Version : Releasing Bledsoe...in hindsight

The King
10-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Now that most are on the same page about JP, how do you feel about releasing Drew now?

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 12:02 PM
it had to be done.

Bledsoe would be getting crushed behind this OL. I guarantee he'd have at least the same number of turnovers as JP if he was still here.

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 12:05 PM
It wasn't..
and Im not talking about this year.

In 2004 we were almost a playoff team, and we had a lot of vets.. Handing Losman the job was an awful move that split the locker room.. and we played with no heart because of it.

Bledsoe should've stayed one more year, while Losman got groomed..

The King
10-23-2006, 12:05 PM
I think ultimately it hurt the most in the W-L column... would we have won a superbowl with Drew.... No.

But the team was winning and players were interested in coming to Buffalo.

Not to mention the leadership lost on the offensive side of the ball.

I just thought it would be an interesting discussion.

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Now that most are on the same page about JP, how do you feel about releasing Drew now?

I think Bledsoe is marginally better.

But I'm more interested in the main point you make about being on the same page about Losman.

I think the time has come for all these goofs who have been poluting us with thier insane interpretation of obscure stats to come clean and openly admit to us how right I was on Losman.

Ickybaluky
10-23-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't know if releasing Bledsoe was a mistake, given the way things were going for him in Buffalo. He needed a fresh start and a coach that knows him like Parcells.

That said, the real error was not bringing in a more capable veteran to replace him and handing Losman the job. If they had brought in a guy like John Kitna or even Gus Frerotte to compete for the job with Losman, then they would have been in a better situation. Instead they only brought in Kelly Holcomb, and they handed the job to the kid and created their own problem.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 12:17 PM
The release was inevitable. I however, think that we should of kept him for an additional year.

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Bledsoe would be dead already. His career would've been ended sometime last year.

Philagape
10-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I GUARANTEE we would have done no better last year with Bledsoe. He needs near-perfect conditions to succeed. He was a proven failure in Buffalo.

YardRat
10-23-2006, 03:57 PM
I said from the start Bledsoe should have been kept for one more year and I still feel the same.

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I said from the start Bledsoe should have been kept for one more year and I still feel the same.
ditto....maybe it would've allowed JP to work into his role for this year a little better.
The one negative...JP's shown, at times, the propensity to stare down the WR he's going to. Happens a handful of times per game...Drew does it about twice as much. Had Drew stuck around, JP might be doing it a little more than he already does it

onceproudbillsfan
10-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Drew was the last qb that lead us to a win over New England, and that was the last time the O could actually put points on the board.

Mr. Cynical
10-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Bledsoe would be dead already. His career would've been ended sometime last year.

I GUARANTEE we would have done no better last year with Bledsoe. He needs near-perfect conditions to succeed. He was a proven failure in Buffalo.

Agreed. I can't believe the question is even being asked at this point. The only mistake was not doing it a year earlier when it was clear he was toast. But Tommy D***hoe wasn't about to admit he screwed the pooch by trading a #1 for him and throwing away over $21M on him. Nothing wrong with making a mistake, but you gotta man up and don't make it again.

Oops. He drafted JP.

Well I guess that makes 1,245,783 mistakes for TD. Funny how I don't hear any new GM offers coming his way....

Novacane
10-23-2006, 09:21 PM
You watching the game tonight? If you are you're seeing the answer.

Novacane
10-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Drew is benched for Tony Romo :rofl:

Iehoshua
10-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Drew is benched for Tony Romo :rofl:
:laughing:

Kerr
10-23-2006, 09:52 PM
benched only after 1 turnover? Parcells was just ready to do it already. I have no hard feelings against drew, but the guy who came in to replace him committed a turnover also.

Philagape
10-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Bledsoe's career :flush:

Philagape
10-23-2006, 09:59 PM
benched only after 1 turnover?

After a season of mostly sucking

Ron Burgundy
10-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Drew's atrocious. He's no better than Losman and I'm glad he left when he did...I wish he would have left sooner, actually.

bills_7
10-25-2006, 02:06 AM
For some reason the coaching staff wants JP to play like drew... i liked how they made JP stay in the pocket and pass for WK 1 even wk 2.... but he gradually has to start using his legs... and hes not therefore he is sitting in the pocket like drew... he btr come out scrambling agaisnt GB... let the kid play how he wants... coaches are screwing him... and y oh y is he not playn in shotgun more ahhhhh sometimes i think i could coach this team better

Night Train
10-25-2006, 02:25 AM
Bledsoe couldn't return after that Steelers game to end 2004. He completed 15 passes to the turf and lost the fanbase permanently, after playing poorly for 2 1/2 years.

What's happening now doesn't change how bad Bledsoe was at the time.