PDA

View Full Version : Info on the 2007-08 jerseys for the NHL

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-23-2006, 12:05 PM
This is off the Sabres.com messageboards

From an industry employee who I know personally and has inside information from meetings with the manufacturers. He will not claim this to be anything but rumor at this point, for credabiltiy reasons, and to protect his companies relationship with the manufacturers, but you can assume this is generally sound information, so here goes (I trust this guy very much):

""Okay, so here is the latest update on where things are going with the NHL jersey of the future. I will only claim this to be rumor and speculation, and do not claim to have heard this from any legitimate source - so read into this whatever you want!

1. The NHL will introduce a new authentic (and replica) jersey for next season (2007-2008)
2. The new NHL authentic jersey will be a form-fitting jersey (somewhat along the lines of the Swift jersey)
3. The new NHL authentic jersey will NOT be worn tucked in as previously speculated
4. The new NHL authentic jersey will use modern technology to decrease weight and minimize drag - by games end, it will weigh on average 4 lbs less than the current authentic jersey when taking into account water absorption throughout the game
5. The new NHL authentic jersey will NOT have new striping/colors and designs for any team. All teams will carry over their current designs for next season
6. The new NHL authentic jersey will enable players to wear a smaller size (and tighter fit), while providing more freedom of movement
7. The new NHL authentic jersey is well supported by the players

So, to summarize, the NHL will be improving the technology and fit of the authentic jersey to allow players to be faster, lighter and more mobile, allowing them to perform to the maximum of their capabilities as elite athletes.""

SabreEleven
10-23-2006, 12:17 PM
They'll have to be a restrictor plate on Max.