PDA

View Full Version : My Take on Joe Thomas.

Earthquake Enyart
10-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Went to see Purdue / Wisconsin Saturday and watched Joe Thomas at length.

Purdue has a terrible defense, but they have one really good player.... Anthony Spencer. Spencer is a DE. According to the stuff I read on the web, he started the season as a second day pick, but has been playing himself up the draft board. He can play the run well, and is a good pass rusher.

Purdue moves Spencer around a lot so he only played over Thomas about half the time. Thomas is a giant. Seems to be fairly quick on his feet and is a solid tractor like run blocker. But he had his problems with a speed rusher like Spencer. Had double team help most of the time.

The most interesting thing I noticed was that when Wisconsin needed a yard, they ran to the other side.

Thomas will be good, but he's not top half of the first round good. Wouldn't mind seeing the Bills take Spencer in the 2nd though.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Interesting, good post. I'm not sold on taking him with the 1st pick either.

streetkings01
10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
We should draft Sam Baker out of USC

BILLSROCK1212
10-23-2006, 12:40 PM
We should draft Sam Baker out of USC
definetly

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 12:51 PM
definetly

Sam Baker - cries of Jakob Rogers anyone?

I'm more sold on cold climate LTs like Doug Free and Jake Long. Baker is slightly undersized from what've heard, under 6ft 5 and about 300lbs. Free is a college LT who runs like a gazelle. Why overpay?

X-Era
10-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Went to see Purdue / Wisconsin Saturday and watched Joe Thomas at length.

Purdue has a terrible defense, but they have one really good player.... Anthony Spencer. Spencer is a DE. According to the stuff I read on the web, he started the season as a second day pick, but has been playing himself up the draft board. He can play the run well, and is a good pass rusher.

Purdue moves Spencer around a lot so he only played over Thomas about half the time. Thomas is a giant. Seems to be fairly quick on his feet and is a solid tractor like run blocker. But he had his problems with a speed rusher like Spencer. Had double team help most of the time.

The most interesting thing I noticed was that when Wisconsin needed a yard, they ran to the other side.

Thomas will be good, but he's not top half of the first round good. Wouldn't mind seeing the Bills take Spencer in the 2nd though.

Im a Jake Long fan myself. I think hes got what we need