PDA

View Full Version : Be careful of what you wish for.

mchurchfie
10-23-2006, 12:42 PM
All you people who are calling for TKO's head at the end of the year are insane. He has only played in a little over two games in the last year. He is coming off a bad injury which will probably take another half season for him to get back up to speed and he is also learning a new defensive scheme. The last thing we need to do is to cut him and have him lining up across from us and terrorizing us when a team like New England picks him up and uses him to his FULL potential. TKO is the least of our problems right now.

Devin
10-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Agree completley.

Anyone calling for TKO to be gone needs their head examined.

Patrick76777
10-23-2006, 01:48 PM
All you people who are calling for TKO's head at the end of the year are insane. He has only played in a little over two games in the last year. He is coming off a bad injury which will probably take another half season for him to get back up to speed and he is also learning a new defensive scheme. The last thing we need to do is to cut him and have him lining up across from us and terrorizing us when a team like New England picks him up and uses him to his FULL potential. TKO is the least of our problems right now.

We're at the point where people want to cut everybody.

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 01:53 PM
At this point, I don't think anyone on this roster is safe.

I agree, and I said in another post, that this is basically preseason for TKO because of the injuries. It's mid-season but he's been too injured to be in mid-season form yet. He deserves at least another month to see if he's going to return to form.

But at the same time, if his level of play doesn't improve, is he worth a $5.5 million cap hit when this team has so many other glaring needs? Before his injury, he was worth every penny of that salary. But that may not be the case anymore.

I hope it doesn't have to come to this, but if it does, I would hope that the Bills would offer a restructure before they cut him outright.

Typ0
10-23-2006, 01:58 PM

I agree, and I said in another post, that this is basically preseason for TKO because of the injuries. It's mid-season but he's been too injured to be in mid-season form yet. He deserves at least another month to see if he's going to return to form.

But at the same time, if his level of play doesn't improve, is he worth a $5.5 million cap hit when this team has so many other glaring needs? Before his injury, he was worth every penny of that salary. But that may not be the case anymore.

I hope it doesn't have to come to this, but if it does, I would hope that the Bills would offer a restructure before they cut him outright.

agreed. He's got some time this season to get back in the swing of things. If he gets back up to speed and shows on the field he can play at a high level then it's worth the money...but like Church said he's been getting paid that salary for a year now and hasn't produced anything.

mchurchfie
10-23-2006, 02:03 PM

Good points! He would probably refuse to restructure with us just to get away from an awful team and then end up signing with a team like New England at a bargain just to have a shot at the SB once before his career is over.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Agree completley.

Anyone calling for TKO to be gone needs their head examined.
Hopefully when the doctor puts the light in my ear, it doesnt shine out the other side. :rrich:

However, tearing your achilles is some pretty serious stuff. Alot of people dont recover from that all the way. The truth is, TKO may be a shadow of what he use to be. Seeing as how TKO relies on speed, it aint looking too good for spikes. =/

Mudflap1
10-23-2006, 02:30 PM
TKO = Sam Cowart. No more burst.

Jon

mchurchfie
10-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Seeing as how TKO relies on speed, it aint looking too good for spikes. =/
Though it is a huge factor with him or anyone else, I don't think that speed is his only asset. He's about 245 LB and ripped and has very good football instincts also.

Saratoga Slim
10-23-2006, 04:18 PM
ARE WE KIDDING HERE?????

Am I wrong, or was this weekend his first full game since tearing his Achilles Tendon a year ago, and tweaking a hamstring in game 1, when he forced a fumble that went for a defensive touchdown against the Patriots?????

Give the guy a damn break, he'll be a productive player again, I gaurantee it. It may take a few more games, or it may take another offseason to complete the healing. But he's one of those guys that'll pull it off if it can be pulled off. His leadership is worth having around even if he's only 90% of the player he used to be. Question is whether he wants to be around here anymore when we can't seem to put together a playoff team

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 04:24 PM
ARE WE KIDDING HERE?????

Am I wrong, or was this weekend his first full game since tearing his Achilles Tendon a year ago, and tweaking a hamstring in game 1, when he forced a fumble that went for a defensive touchdown against the Patriots?????2nd full game...he played last week....or at least someone who looked like him in appearance played last week

Personally, I'm really having strong doubts about him ever being the same player...he doesn't have the fire in his eyes anymore...I hope I'm wrong, but he's been more fired up for preseason games in the past than he was yesterday

Saratoga Slim
10-23-2006, 04:28 PM
2nd full game...he played last week....or at least someone who looked like him in appearance played last week

Personally, I'm really having strong doubts about him ever being the same player...he doesn't have the fire in his eyes anymore...I hope I'm wrong, but he's been more fired up for preseason games in the past than he was yesterday

I stand corrected....I didn't get to watch the Detroit game. If there's a lack of fire, I think its b/c he's getting sick of this team floundering. Can't say I blame him, considering he left Cincy for B-town b/c he thought they were going to be a contender.

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 04:30 PM
I didn't get to watch the Detroit game.You're a lucky one, then ;)

You may be partially right on his frustration being why there's a lack of fire...but I'd like to think he's more professional than that...that he'd wanna be one of the catalysts to turn things around

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Could we move him to the middle where speed isn't quite so important?

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Though it is a huge factor with him or anyone else, I don't think that speed is his only asset. He's about 245 LB and ripped and has very good football instincts also.
With all due respect, he could be Mr.Olympia and that muscle wouldnt help him if he cant get to the person in time.