PDA

View Full Version : Thank god Dick has balls.

X-Era
10-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Had to say it.

He was asked if he was sticking with JP and stated that he knew he would struggle but he believes hes gonna be a good QB and hes sticking with him.

Thank god that he is anti-Mularkey.

The flip flop BS will NEVER get a young QB through the rough spots here in Buff. if we dont step up and make the strong stand.

God bless that approach. Many here turned around after talking about what a mistake we made not taking Leinhart only to blast him this week.

Its that type of short sighted BS that we tolerated last year. Thank the lord Dick has a head. Yes thats twice, had to do it.

Its the right move, but not very popular right now.

Whether JP is the right guy or not we now have a HC that will stand behind whomever long enough to find out.

shelby
10-23-2006, 03:59 PM
:rofl:

i'm glad to hear Jauron won't be benching Losman.

Mitchy moo
10-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Geez, what a title.

Mudflap1
10-23-2006, 04:04 PM
What other choice does he have? He doesn't, so he might as well say he's sticking with him, and hopefully he develops by the end of the season.

So far though, J-Lo's not been impressive, even you can't dispute that, #1 fan.

Jon

X-Era
10-23-2006, 04:06 PM
What other choice does he have? He doesn't, so he might as well say he's sticking with him, and hopefully he develops by the end of the season.

So far though, J-Lo's not been impressive, even you can't dispute that, #1 fan.

Jon

Im not his #1 fan, I have seen glimpses of greatness, and also mistakes. If it isnt Losman, I want the guy who it IS here yesterday, but it just doesnt work that way.

I just have enough spine to wait it out until the end of the season and cast judgement then.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Good post.

Its nice to see DJ is showing good personnel management skills. Now if only he could transfer this to good game management skills.

I'm not a JP hater, but I do think we need to draft Day1 security in case this years progress stalls. A rookie R2 QB like Stanton with a R1 grade is a clever franchise move. At worst we could use one for trade bait in the future.

I still think we will draft a QB by Round 2 but its good to see we are not seeing that the career back up Nall confirms that he is a career back up.

I want R1 on a proper LT like Doug Free, having traded down for xtra Day1 picks this year and maybe a R1/2 next year,

R2. Drew Stanton QB ... possible starter.... a real competition
R3a. A LB to replace FB or TKO
R3b. OL depth or rep for Villarial if Merz doesn't continue promising debut
R4. TE to replace Everett
R6. A RB like Wolfe or a LB (like Ellison)
R7. A small school monster DT

we have the xtra picks to move up for the best player be it a top RB or WR or DT or DE. If we pick a QB with a high Round 1, it ties our hands into saying he is definitely the QB of the future. An intelligent R2 selection and we possible trade bait as the Jags have with Garrard, and the Falcons have with Schaub around 2010 to continue a winning franchise

Saratoga Slim
10-23-2006, 04:08 PM
I do like how Jauron treats the players. You can't fault him for that part of the coaching job.

X-Era
10-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Good post.

Its nice to see DJ is show good personnel management skills. Now if only he could transfer this to good game management skills.

I'm not a JP hater, but I do think we need to draft Day1 security in case this years progress stalls. A rookie R2 QB like Stanton with a R1 grade is a clever franchise move. At worst we could use one for trade bait in the future.

I still think we will draft a QB by Round 2 but its good to see we are not seeing that the career back up Nall confirms that he is a career back up.

I want R1 on a proper LT like Doug Free, having traded down for xtra Day1 picks this year and maybe a R1/2 next year,

R2. Drew Stanton QB ... possible starter.... a real competition
R3a. A LB to replace FB or TKO
R3b. OL depth or rep for Villarial if Merz doesn't continue promising debut
R4. TE to replace Everett
R6. A RB like Wolfe or a LB (like Ellison)
R7. A small school monster DT

we have the xtra picks to move up for the best player be it a top RB or WR or DT or DE

I think Marv, Jauron and Co. will take a long look at Losman after the season and decide whether hes it or not. I dont know that they will spend a 1st day pick on a QB IF they thinks Losmans all they need. But if they are convinced that he ISNT, hes gone, and our #1 pick is most likely a QB.

That said, everyone knows where I sit, Im reserving judgement

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Thank God Jauron has Balls?

Well if Jauron had any clue on how to properly use Losman, he wouldn't even have been asked the question.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 04:28 PM
I think Marv, Jauron and Co. will take a long look at Losman after the season and decide whether hes it or not. I dont know that they will spend a 1st day pick on a QB IF they thinks Losmans all they need. But if they are convinced that he ISNT, hes gone, and our #1 pick is most likely a QB.

That said, everyone knows where I sit, Im reserving judgement

I think the No1 has to be a LT for either JPs sake or however follows him. The way it is looking there will be a quality QB choice in the second or third including Stanton, Edwards, Kolb or Leak. I think we must have one, just to slowly bring along

If we can trade down, we can still get a franchise LT and most importantly stockpile picks.

Schaub was taken Day1 and the Falcons will get at least equal compensation maybe more, and he has been a top backup.

I think it makes better long term sense as well.

The LT is one for the franchise who will spend their career here

Even if JP is still a work in progress I still think they'd cut Holcomb and Nall first because they are not too dissimilar in cap value, and Losman will have some sort of trade value even if its a Day2. Nall and Holcomb have nothing.

Have R1 QB of the future compete in pre-season against Nall or Holcomb is a joke ... total pressure to be the next Jim Kelly from Day1

So even after reviewing the season I am sure JP will stay, they will give him a real LT from R1 and then a proper competition from someone taken on Day1. And if Stanton drops to us in R2 not even Marv/Dick will be sold on JP enough not to draft him

If we draft Smith or Quinn or Brohm in the first who the hell covers his blindside? I think an LT R2 pick will be risky especially if we want an immediate starter unless we totally fluke it and Free drops into our laps. Those who suggest paying big bucks to Leonard Davis in FA, go stand in the corner and hang your heads in shame :)

Michael82
10-23-2006, 06:45 PM
:phew:

Nighthawk
10-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Had to say it.

He was asked if he was sticking with JP and stated that he knew he would struggle but he believes hes gonna be a good QB and hes sticking with him.

Thank god that he is anti-Mularkey.

The flip flop BS will NEVER get a young QB through the rough spots here in Buff. if we dont step up and make the strong stand.

God bless that approach. Many here turned around after talking about what a mistake we made not taking Leinhart only to blast him this week.

Its that type of short sighted BS that we tolerated last year. Thank the lord Dick has a head. Yes thats twice, had to do it.

Its the right move, but not very popular right now.

Whether JP is the right guy or not we now have a HC that will stand behind whomever long enough to find out.

That's nice that he has balls, but he still isn't a very good HC...period!

Crisis
10-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Good.

He's still a bad HC, he's just not ******ed.

OpIv37
10-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Good.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Michael82
10-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Good.

:rofl: Good point.

Mr. Cynical
10-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Dick has a head.

Dick likes cheese.

Dick is full of head cheese.

ParanoidAndroid
10-23-2006, 09:06 PM
So, how's that scapegoat thing going, guys?

unpaid_bills
10-23-2006, 09:21 PM
.:roflmao: at the thread title "Thank go dick has balls" I tell myself that everyday like would just not be the same.

theanswer74
10-23-2006, 09:24 PM
A Bears fan told me that the reason he hated Jauron was because he lied to the fans and admitted it. He said there was a QB competition between young QB Cade McNown and I think Jim Miller.

What happened, Juaron said McNown won the job, beat out the VET with less talent, the team sucked. McNown got traded in the offseason, Jim Miller got the job, Bears go 13-3.

Almost the same exact situation is shaping up in Buffalo. The only difference was that Juaron was forced to move McNown. Ralph Wilson loves to get involved in QB stuff. I think the same will happen this offseason if Losman does not start winning, even if its not his fault.

The last buffalo fan
10-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Dick has a head.

Dick likes cheese.

Is he the Green Bay's coach??

unpaid_bills
10-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Dick has a head.

Dick likes cheese.

I think Dick likes cheese
Dick cheese
Like our defense Swiss Cheese

Our new team motoo "Lets play for Dick" kind of ironic huh?

Mr. Cynical
10-23-2006, 10:07 PM
I think Dick likes cheese
Dick cheese
Like our defense Swiss Cheese

Our new team motoo "Lets play for Dick" kind of ironic huh?

Just imagine if he suited up like the old days... "Let's play with Dick"

unpaid_bills
10-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Just imagine if he suited up like the old days... "Let's play with Dick"

Here is the conversation between Dick and Ralph after the game.

Ralph: Well we sure sucked Dick, today.
Dick: Yeah, JP played like he had his head up his a**
Ralph: Much better than (last week) a Dick
Dick: Huh?:oops:

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Guys, stop rubbing Dick the wrong way.