PDA

View Full Version : Ralph is A-N-G-R-Y!!!!!!!! VERY ANGRY!!!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
10-23-2006, 04:13 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1344943.aspx

"I'm just very discouraged," said Wilson, whose team lost its third consecutive game to fall to 2-5 heading into its bye week. "When we were 2-2, I felt we were on the way up a bit. The Bears game out there, we were overpowered, and since then ...."

Wilson collected his thoughts and continued.??"The Detroit game, I was extremely disappointed, and today, too. We do a lot of dumb things. Not that we have the greatest talent, but we have better talent than the dumb things we do."

All of these silly, undisciplined actions were discouraging to Wilson, and what really angered him was the general lackluster effort put forth by his team, inexcusable in his eyes, considering the circumstances.

Wilson said he was ready for a rebuilding year, but not to be embarrassed. Not many owners would have the courage to say it, but he did.??His players let him down. They let their city down.??"Yeah (I knew we'd be rebuilding), but it's still hard to take the money from the fans to see this kind of exhibition, and the players really ought to realize that, too," he said. "These fans work hard and go through all of these natural disasters, and dig down and spend their last few dollars and come out and see us play. The players should realize that. They should play hard and not do dumb things."

This hasn't been a good fall for Wilson, dealing with a bad back and now another bad football team.

"What really upsets me the most: Before Marv and Dick came in, we regressed so badly," Wilson said. "We let players go. We let Pat Williams go. We let Ruben Brown go. There seemed to be too many personalities involved. People say, 'Hey, forget it, Ralph. Look forward. Be optimistic.' But I can't help but look back and say that at my age, I threw five years away."

BADTHINGSMAN
10-23-2006, 04:20 PM
At his age he should be happy to remember 5 years ago..

Releasing Pat was a mistake.. If im not mistaking was Ruben Brown Mr. False Start??

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-23-2006, 04:23 PM
thats some pretty powerful indictment of the TD era, and of his current roster. If RW is torked enough to say this publicly, the players better realize they are playing for their jobs big time!

Saratoga Slim
10-23-2006, 04:24 PM
I'd be OK with 'ol Reuben back at LG. He's playing well for the Bears.

Night Train
10-23-2006, 04:24 PM
But the whole off-season was about Ralph "being able to sleep at night." That's why he hired Marv.

Zzzzz . All is well.

I hope they do have a sense of urgency this off-season, beacuse the ticket sales WILL nosedive if moves aren't made. The Marv honeymoon is over. People will scoop up what Sabres tickets are left over Bills tickets.

RockStar36
10-23-2006, 04:34 PM
If Ralph is so ****ing angry maybe he should get some direction going in this team. He wasted so many years w/ TD bringing in big name players instead of addressing the needs of the team. Now he brings in his old friend (who by the way won't be the long term GM, so what really is the point) who has to clean up the mess. Someone on WGR today brought up the point that it takes longer than 5 weeks to clean up a 5 year mess.

As for Ruben Brown. No thanks. He quit on the team. I'm not big on those types of players.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-23-2006, 04:35 PM
If RW doesnt open his mouth when FA and the draft start, then his comments now mean nothing..

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 04:35 PM
I dont think there's a person in Buffalo right now who wouldn't take Pat Williams and Ruben Brown over what we have now.

I'm glad WIlson is getting tired of this ****.. Sad, but week seven and I'm already looking forward to our next GM hire in 1-2 years. How any of us expected a guy in his 80's to be able to build a football team is beyond me.

kernowboy
10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
I am in two minds about Ruben. He would be upgrade on most of the rubbish we have. Even John Fina would be a better LT

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
BTW,
Yes I know Marv is stuck cleaning up TD's mess.. That's the problem, he's too old to be able to clean up his mess AND build a winner, unless you expect Marv to be a GM when he's 90

SquishDaFish
10-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Marv is doing a good job so far and I am confident in what he has and wil be doing with this team. Stop ripping Marv because hes old. That is plain dumb

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Marv is doing a good job so far and I am confident in what he has and wil be doing with this team. Stop ripping Marv because hes old. That is plain dumb

Really?
Well I love Marv Levy as much as anyone here.. But what has he done so far that makes you qualify him as doing a good job SO FAR?

We're 2-5 at the bye.. Our QB play is God awful, neither side of the line is any better than last year, and Sunday for the first time, the team came out and looked like they didnt care; playing with NO heart.

Sounds a lot to me like last year.

Mudflap1
10-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Dear Ralph,

Where have you been when it's time to write checks to bring in some better/players coaches? You've fully admitted that we don't have the best talent. It's time to pay top dollar for offensive and defensive linemen, as well as other players that deem necessary to get this team back on a competitive plane. Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it too, saying you aren't happy with the team's losing and that it's hard to take the fans' money, yet you gladly take the fans' money and don't use any of it to bring in better talent. Hypocrite.

Jon

BILLSROCK1212
10-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Marv had a great draft but the FA class was just okay i think he did a good job with the coaching staff but the coaches ddo not have the right players after a year as GM I can guarantee Marv's FA class will be a lot better this upcoming offseason

SABURZFAN
10-23-2006, 05:55 PM
ralph doesn't sound nearly as angry as i was yesterday.

YardRat
10-23-2006, 06:00 PM
He's discouraged, not angry...there's a difference.

SAB was angry yesterday...Note the difference in his and Ralph's comments :D

DynaPaul
10-23-2006, 06:22 PM
If RW doesnt open his mouth when FA and the draft start, then his comments now mean nothing..

Ralph is the owner. He's a fan like you and I but his job is to pay the bills. He lets the GM evaluate/draft the players and the Coach get them ready for game day. What do you want? An owner like Jerry Jones meddling and undermining his staff?

Richard Gozinya
10-23-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm not shedding tears for a billionaire that's dissatisfied with his toy. I give Wilson credit for keeping the team there and staying emotionally involved in it, but the people that religiously cough up a huge chunk of their discretionary income to watch a crappy product are the ones that I care about.

They deserve better.

YardRat
10-23-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm not shedding tears for a billionaire that's dissatisfied with his toy. I give Wilson credit for keeping the team there and staying emotionally involved in it, but the people that religiously cough up a huge chunk of their discretionary income to watch a crappy product are the ones that I care about.

They deserve better.

Then you agree with Ralph...

Wilson said he was ready for a rebuilding year, but not to be embarrassed. Not many owners would have the courage to say it, but he did.??His players let him down. They let their city down.??"Yeah (I knew we'd be rebuilding), but it's still hard to take the money from the fans to see this kind of exhibition, and the players really ought to realize that, too," he said. "These fans work hard and go through all of these natural disasters, and dig down and spend their last few dollars and come out and see us play. The players should realize that. They should play hard and not do dumb things."

Nighthawk
10-23-2006, 06:47 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1344943.aspx

"I'm just very discouraged," said Wilson, whose team lost its third consecutive game to fall to 2-5 heading into its bye week. "When we were 2-2, I felt we were on the way up a bit. The Bears game out there, we were overpowered, and since then ...."

Wilson collected his thoughts and continued.??"The Detroit game, I was extremely disappointed, and today, too. We do a lot of dumb things. Not that we have the greatest talent, but we have better talent than the dumb things we do."

All of these silly, undisciplined actions were discouraging to Wilson, and what really angered him was the general lackluster effort put forth by his team, inexcusable in his eyes, considering the circumstances.

This hasn't been a good fall for Wilson, dealing with a bad back and now another bad football team.

"What really upsets me the most: Before Marv and Dick came in, we regressed so badly," Wilson said. "We let players go. We let Pat Williams go. We let Ruben Brown go. There seemed to be too many personalities involved. People say, 'Hey, forget it, Ralph. Look forward. Be optimistic.' But I can't help but look back and say that at my age, I threw five years away."

That's nice and all, but he brought some of this on himself and the fans by hiring Marv & Dickey. It's fine to complain about the last regime, but the constant blaming of the TD regime for the problems that Dickey & Marv have caused gets old. Bring in a real GM and a real HC and watch this team takeoff!

The_Philster
10-23-2006, 07:00 PM
At his age he should be happy to remember 5 years ago..

Releasing Pat was a mistake.. If im not mistaking was Ruben Brown Mr. False Start??
Ruben didn't take as many penalties as was advertised..he took his fair share, but Jennings was the one who got the most penalties on the line back then.

X-Era
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Really?
Well I love Marv Levy as much as anyone here.. But what has he done so far that makes you qualify him as doing a good job SO FAR?

We're 2-5 at the bye.. Our QB play is God awful, neither side of the line is any better than last year, and Sunday for the first time, the team came out and looked like they didnt care; playing with NO heart.

I have yet to see you post a positive post on anyone in the past few weeks.

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 08:24 PM
I have yet to see you post a positive post on anyone in the past few weeks.
I've agreed with PLENTY of posts, just not feeble attempts to paint a postive picture on a team that looks more gloomy each and every week.

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Maybe Ralph should kick JP in the nuts and tell him to smarten up.

don137
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
I know Ruben was a salary cap casualty but to replace brown with Villirial was just plain masecistic.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Ralph is the man, he has made some questionable decisions over the past 5-7 years. But thats okay. He has kept the team in Buffalo, and he is a gentleman. You cant harp on a guy, for apologizing for a bad product. Ralph loves the Bills just as much as us.

Mr. Pink
10-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Of course Ralph is gonna say he's upset....But really, why should he be? He has AFL titles, AFC titles...the only one that eludes him is the NFL title. The stadium sells out, he gets money to line his pockets....and that hasn't changed.

How disappointed was he just last year with the TD regime? NONE, ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH. But now all of a sudden he's wasted five years? If you buy that, I got some nice, scenic, expensive property on koons and sycamore to sell to you.

Each year for this decade we've listened to false promises, false hopes, and a turd put in a nice shiny box. It's getting sickening to look at this team and think no differently of it than last year and the previous regime.

To me, and others I'm sure, it looks like Ralphy just brought in Marv to keep fans interested and sell tickets. Because the product on the field sure as hell looks no different. A heartless, gutless, lifeless team with a coaching staff who STILL calls wack plays at the wrong times.

AND WHY IN THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU NEED TO CALL A TIMEOUT IN ORDER TO FIGURE OUT YOU NEED TO PUNT ON 4TH AND LONG? ugh.

ParanoidAndroid
10-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Marv is here to put some intelligence and positive energy back into the organization. He's here for a few years just in the hopes that he will rub off on some of the other guys in the organization. Modrak will likely end up as our GM. Jauron may not be a bad candidate for director of football operations, leaving Bobby April as our HC. Hmmmmm.....

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Ralph could give a **** about money. He is gonna die soon anyways.

Mr. Pink
10-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Marv is here to put some intelligence and positive energy back into the organization. He's here for a few years just in the hopes that he will rub off on some of the other guys in the organization. Modrak will likely end up as our GM. Jauron may not be a bad candidate for director of football operations, leaving Bobby April as our HC. Hmmmmm.....

Bobby April? The guy who couldn't tell the punt unit to get out on the field last week quick enough? The guy who called a fake field goal shuffle pass to Jason Peters? The guy who called an onside pooch kick that could be fair caught? Or how about the guy who called a punter sneak on 4th and short?

4 games out of 7 this year we've seen absolutely ******ed calls done by our special teams units. What do they have in common, they all have hurt us.

No thanks, I've seen enough of the shenanigans week after week.

Nighthawk
10-23-2006, 09:11 PM

I have no idea what you're watching, but it is not the same Bills organization that I am!

Nighthawk
10-23-2006, 09:12 PM

Drugs? Hmmm....

ICE74129
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
If ralph is so damn pissed then spend the damn money to get top talent and coaching in here.

You get what you pay for

Nighthawk
10-23-2006, 09:15 PM
If ralph is so damn pissed then spend the damn money to get top talent and coaching in here.

You get what you pay for

Exactly!

HAMMER
10-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Really?

...and what is the common denominator from last year? Yes, most of the players.

ICE74129
10-24-2006, 11:22 AM
...and what is the common denominator from last year? Yes, most of the players.Whats the common denominator for the last decades futility? Yes, Ralph Wilson.

RedEyE
10-24-2006, 11:30 AM
If the players keep hearing all of this crap about rebuilding, then what is it that they are exactly playing for?? This team should be hell bent on winning no matter who is playing what position. It's the HC's job to present it as so.

bigbub2352
10-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Dont let this post fool u Ralph is in this to make money, he hired TD to do his best marketing job and used Doug Flutie to get his Canada Base, the fans have done there jobs i believe the last 25 home games were sold out, and if u go over the record in those games i can gurantee the losses are higher then the wins, they have given us some serious false hopes over the years, Ralph if u are truly mad Spend some money on your organization get a real HC in here, a real GM in here, and some top flight ****ing talent, and then maybe u want be so mad, cant get top of the line goods picking at the flea market, sometimes u gotta go to Macys

Voltron
10-24-2006, 11:46 AM

They deserve better.
That is why I stopped paying. Until I see a team worth paying to watch they will not get me to buy a season ticket again. :mad:

justasportsfan
10-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Screw Ralph.

madness
10-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Too bad Ralph never said any of this. I've searched the "Rocketchester" Democrat and Chronicle site, the NewsNow AP archive and found nothing.

I can't believe this garbage fooled two message boards.

Can a mod please move this thread to spam?

Inetpub
10-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by ICE74129

You get what you pay for

I see we are getting what we paid for in McGee. Money isnt going to solve anything when a team cant believe in its leaders.

jamze132
10-24-2006, 12:39 PM
I love what Ralph said, especially about the fans devotion to this team. But what he needs to relize is that this isn't 20 years ago. Players now a days could really give a rats ass where they play as long as they get paid. That doesn;t go for everyone, but a lot of players wouldn't be here if they didn't get paid. Who the **** else would have paid Craig Nall all that money to hold Kelly Holcomb's clipboard? Who would have paid Tripplett and Royal the money they are making?

I feel your pain Ralph.

GFLuNEEDit
10-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Too bad Ralph never said any of this. I've searched the "Rocketchester" Democrat and Chronicle site, the NewsNow AP archive and found nothing.

I can't believe this garbage fooled two message boards.

Can a mod please move this thread to spam?

Some of these diehards need to be institutionalized.

LOL so Ralph never said it huh ?

And what kind of retraction will we hear from you after you find out that he did ?

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->