PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe's done

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-23-2006, 10:09 PM
benched.... romo looking good.

Drew's done in Big D

Ickybaluky
10-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah, he should just go into the lockerroom now, take a shower and head home. He can catch a plane to his Montana home tomorrow morning and never look back.

Iehoshua
10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
:laughing:

:lolpoint: Bledsacked

Devin
10-23-2006, 10:24 PM
lol wow.

Wonder where he will go next. Maybe Oakland. They need a QB.

patmoran2006
10-23-2006, 10:26 PM
LOL that int that Romo just threw to Robbins on a botched screen pass..

Looked EXTREMELY Losman'ish.

Kerr
10-23-2006, 10:32 PM
This is probably his last stop in the nfl. Who knows.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-23-2006, 10:32 PM
dont turn EVERY FRIKIN' thread into Losman thread pat. just shut up about it already

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Bledsoe isnt as bad as everyone likes to think.

Iehoshua
10-23-2006, 10:37 PM

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Im not kidding, I swear!!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Patmoran your a schmuck for groaning me when you pollute a thread.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Keith, I will ungroan you if you hop on board the Buffalo Express! Im a conductor with no passengers, CHOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Novacane
10-23-2006, 10:54 PM

He's worse

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2006, 10:57 PM
lol!

Yeah, Romo looked great. Those 3 picks were masterful! He even threw a 90+ yard TD pass! (oopsie. It was to the defense!)

I have never understood the hate for Drew. There have been much bigger *******s to come through this city.

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2006, 11:35 PM
He's worse

http://www.bezzer.co.uk/images/ugly.JPG

Mr. Cynical
10-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Yeah, he should just go into the lockerroom now, take a shower and head home. He can catch a plane to his Montana home tomorrow morning and never look back.

He should have done that after his '03 season here in Buffalo. He's been done for a while now....at least you got a #1 for dumping him on us. Who did you get in that deal btw?

BSXIII
10-24-2006, 12:30 AM
OK, I’ll admit it, I’ve always been a Bledsoe fan, negg away if you want, If you have done nothing but bash the guy since he was here, good for you, you can say you were right. Fact is if you enjoy rooting for a guy to fail, you’ve obviously had some things go wrong for you in life and should be able relate with Bledsoe on some level.

I will always have the utmost respect for Drew Bledsoe. He never won a Super Bowl, but it was never for a lack of effort. Maybe you think he was on some Super Bowl caliber teams and choked, I disagree with that. The two times he had a great team around him he lost to a far superior team (Green Bay in 96-97), and in 2001, he came off the bench to win the AFC Championship game. That was his last game ever with the Pats and I’m sure their classy owner will make sure everyone recognizes that at the right time.

Today he was thrown under the bus by his head coach. A guy who has not done **** since Bellicheck left. He preaches the fundamentals. How could his o-line look so clueless in picking up the blitz. That falls on the coach. He made the change and it backfired. Was Bledsoe’s pick bad? yet it was inexcusable, but Dallas offense had been putting points on the board with the best of them. A 13-14 year vet should know better, but all QB’s make mistakes. Why throw a come back route in the endzone, that gives the D such a chance to jump it?

In conclusion, I hope if Bledsoe is offered to start again he tells Parcells to shove the job up his ass. Let that overrated POS live with his decision. The Pats cut him and went to Brady, after Brady won the Super Bowl. Brady and Bellicheck may go down as the greatest combo in NFL history. One more Superbowl and they tie it, two more and it’s all theirs. This team cut him and took a huge step back, Dallas looks like they will repeat that mistake.

I’m sure a lot of people here feel underappreciated, and feel that others focus too much on a few mistakes they’ve made rather than the good they can bring to the table. If so, you should be able to relate with Drew. He gave his all, and put his body on the line every game.

I’m sure Kraft and the Pats will make a strong pitch to have him in the hall of fame. It may be a longshot at this point, but he won’t be the first or last great QB to not win a Super Bowl.

I wish him nothing but the best in the future, and hope he tells the most bandwagon team in the NFL to shove it up their ass. Romo was pathetic tonight, and Losman has not taken this team to the next level.

As an NFL fan, I want to thank Drew Bledsoe for the effort he brought week in and week out. Many of us probably feel like we've had back luck and things just never went our way. That's why I'll always relate with the guy. He never quit, never threw teammates under the bus, and always took all the blame even when it wasn't justified. He deserves better than playing for a fraud like Parcless. F the Cowboys!!!!

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Bledsoe just needs a couple more full seasons to develop. =)

Ickybaluky
10-24-2006, 05:09 AM
He should have done that after his '03 season here in Buffalo. He's been done for a while now....at least you got a #1 for dumping him on us. Who did you get in that deal btw?

DE Ty Warren.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Bledsoe is basically a rookie.

Night Train
10-24-2006, 05:47 AM
lol!

Yeah, Romo looked great. Those 3 picks were masterful! He even threw a 90+ yard TD pass! (oopsie. It was to the defense!)

I have never understood the hate for Drew. There have been much bigger *******s to come through this city.

I agree Dr. but I think the problem was he was hyped beyond belief, upon his arrival in Buffalo. A pep rally with thousands greeted him, with a blind eye towards a limited QB with declining skills. The Pats let him go for a reason.

Although he shot out of the gate like a rocket in his first 7 games in 2002, he started his fall from the sky in game 8 of that year and never really halted the decline. 5 All-Pro OL wouldn't have kept him from patting the ball for 7 seconds and making incredibly poor decisions with his passes. He became a sack/turnover machine and most of the faithful felt fooled/betrayed. Plus he had a bad habit of never accepting blame for some of his horrid efforts, when the rest of the team played well.

His terrible game in the 2004 final against the Steelers, vs. 2nd-3rd stringers (with a playoff spot on the line), sealed his legacy here. No way could they bring him back.

Now Dallas is seeing the same thing.

He's a great person off the field but so is my neighbor Jane, who also can't play QB worth a damn.

LtFinFan66
10-24-2006, 06:00 AM
Drew will start next week IMO

The King
10-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Parcels gave the game away...period.

The game wasn't out of hand at all.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Parcels gave the game away...period.

The game wasn't out of hand at all.

Bill blew it. He shouldn't of pulled Drew that fast.

Ickybaluky
10-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Bill blew it. He shouldn't of pulled Drew that fast.

I think they have been frustrated with Drew leading into the game anyway. The bottom line is they aren't going anywhere with Bledsoe. They might make the playoffs, but he is too limited and they don't have the OL to protect him.

With Romo's mobility, he might be able to spark the offense and they could catch lightning in a bottle. He is going to make mistakes, but their one chance is him getting better. If he doesn't, they probably don't even make the playoffs, but that is no loss since they weren't going anywhere with Drew anyway.

Parcells didn't look thrilled when they came out for the half. I wonder if putting Romo in was even his call. Jerry Jones was down on the field and went in with the team at the half, it wouldn't surprise me if he made the call. Parcells looked like he was going to throw up, and didn't even react to the mistakes they were making. Parcells is done after this season.

ICE74129
10-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Drew has sucked since New England. Bill understands its time to make the change.

The King
10-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Parcells didn't look thrilled when they came out for the half. I wonder if putting Romo in was even his call. Jerry Jones was down on the field and went in with the team at the half, it wouldn't surprise me if he made the call. Parcells looked like he was going to throw up, and didn't even react to the mistakes they were making. Parcells is done after this season.

Very interesting train of thought. Bill did look completely drained during the press conference I wonder if it was JJ call.

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Romo sucks. The game was 12-7. If it had've been 22-7, then I'd understand, but when you are only down by 5, at home, why the hell would you pull your QB? It makes no sense.

Ickybaluky
10-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Very interesting train of thought. Bill did look completely drained during the press conference I wonder if it was JJ call.

Either way, they better win or they are going to turn into a major soap opera. With personalities like Jones, Owens and Parcells things have the potential to be explosive if they are losing.

That is the scenario I'm rooting for, it would provide the best entertainment.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Romo sucks. The game was 12-7. If it had've been 22-7, then I'd understand, but when you are only down by 5, at home, why the hell would you pull your QB? It makes no sense.

I agree.

Romo lost the game for Dallas. Nice call Bill.

Gunzlingr
10-24-2006, 08:52 AM
I think Bill's days, like Joe Gibbs', are numbered. I seriously think the game has passed them buy.

kernowboy
10-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Cowboys are now officially in the QB hunt come the 2007 draft. They don't have it as the starter or from the bench

Saratoga Slim
10-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Cowboys are now officially in the QB hunt come the 2007 draft. They don't have it as the starter or from the bench

You're right. Tony Romo has definately proven, after two quarters of football, that he has no potential in this league. If I was Parcells I'd release him right now. :crazy:

kernowboy
10-24-2006, 09:59 AM
You're right. Tony Romo has definately proven, after two quarters of football, that he has no potential in this league. If I was Parcells I'd release him right now. :crazy:

What I saying if Bledsoe is gone, Jerry James and Bill Parcells are not going to risk just having Romo. If there is a chance of moving up in the draft for a QB I am sure they will investigate this. They seem to have relied on retreads for a few seasons now, and I think Jerry will be wanting to get his new Troy

The King
10-24-2006, 10:01 AM
What I saying if Bledsoe is gone, Jerry James and Bill Parcells are not going to risk just having Romo. If there is a chance of moving up in the draft for a QB I am sure they will investigate this. They seem to have relied on retreads for a few seasons now, and I think Jerry will be wanting to get his new Troy

Parcels is gone too.

The King
10-24-2006, 10:06 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2>) Were you surprised Bill Parcells changed quarterbacks at halftime?

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">52.9%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Yes
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">47.1%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>No
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2>
2) What did you think of the move to bench Drew Bledsoe in favor of Tony Romo?

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">40.5%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Right move, wrong time
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">32.3%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Right move at that time
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">27.2%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Wrong move
3) How would you rate Romo's performance in the second half?

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">42.5%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Jury is still out
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">33.8%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Reason for optimism
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">23.7%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Complete disaster
4) Who should start at quarterback for the Cowboys next week?

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">57.0%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Tony Romo
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">43.0%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Drew Bledsoe
5) What is the biggest problem for Dallas on offense?

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">72.5%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Offensive line
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">17.1%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Quarterback play
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">6.2%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Play-calling
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">4.2%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Other
6) What best sums up the state of the Cowboys right now?

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">54.4%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Talented but coming apart at the seams
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">30.9%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>A bad week but still in the playoff mix
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">14.7%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Just not talented enough to get it done
7) Will the Cowboys (3-3) make the playoffs this season?

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">60.4%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>No
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">39.6%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Yes
8) Will Bill Parcells return next season?

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">63.4%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>No
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="10%">36.6%</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Yes
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2>
Total Votes: 37,015</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2545&incomming=1&question18940=77459&question18941=77463&question18942=77466&question18943=77467&question18944=77471&question18945=77474&question18946=77477&question18947=77479

Iehoshua
10-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Benchedsoe was playing on borrowed time. It's clear he stinks. Maybe Romo stinks too but might as well find out, since it's obvious to at least 3 teams now that Blew isn't the answer.

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Benchedsoe was playing on borrowed time. It's clear he stinks. Maybe Romo stinks too but might as well find out, since it's obvious to at least 3 teams now that Blew isn't the answer.

You might be right, but half time of a 5 point game is not the time to find out.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Darth, you have never answered: What is you problem with Drew? You act like he killed your puppy.

And what the hell are you doing here as much as you have been? Don't most newleyweds have something better to do?

The King
10-24-2006, 11:16 AM
You might be right, but half time of a 5 point game is not the time to find out.

Especially where Drew had been dominant at home 6TDs 1INT and 7for12 111Yards at the half aint that bad.

Iehoshua
10-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Darth, you have never answered: What is you problem with Drew? You act like he killed your puppy.
Night Train said it best as far as Drew is concerned:

I agree Dr. but I think the problem was he was hyped beyond belief, upon his arrival in Buffalo. A pep rally with thousands greeted him, with a blind eye towards a limited QB with declining skills. The Pats let him go for a reason.

Although he shot out of the gate like a rocket in his first 7 games in 2002, he started his fall from the sky in game 8 of that year and never really halted the decline. 5 All-Pro OL wouldn't have kept him from patting the ball for 7 seconds and making incredibly poor decisions with his passes. He became a sack/turnover machine and most of the faithful felt fooled/betrayed. Plus he had a bad habit of never accepting blame for some of his horrid efforts, when the rest of the team played well.

His terrible game in the 2004 final against the Steelers, vs. 2nd-3rd stringers (with a playoff spot on the line), sealed his legacy here. No way could they bring him back.

Now Dallas is seeing the same thing.

He's a great person off the field but so is my neighbor Jane, who also can't play QB worth a damn.
I bought the hype (along with the jerseys...), so that made it sting, emphasizing the betrayal part. Now, I am proud to say I love to hate him! Not as a person, but a player.
:D

And what the hell are you doing here as much as you have been? Don't most newleyweds have something better to do?
We're both back at work. Didn't go on an extended honeymoon since we went to Hawaii together earlier this year. Thanks for noticing though!

Valerie
10-24-2006, 11:30 AM
I wish Dallas would shuffle him off to another city. He does suck and he's taking the Cowboys down with him! :mad:

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Unless they replace the turnstyles, Romo won't do much better.

Ickybaluky
10-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Unless they replace the turnstyles, Romo won't do much better.

No, but Romo is much more comfortable on the move, so they can do a lot more with him. You can roll Romo out or even have him run a QB sneak. With Bledsoe, you know where he is going to be, so you can go after him easier.

The King
10-24-2006, 01:03 PM
No, but Romo is much more comfortable on the move, so they can do a lot more with him. You can roll Romo out or even have him run a QB sneak. With Bledsoe, you know where he is going to be, so you can go after him easier.

Didnt Bledsoe score on a rollout last night?

pats-were-right
10-24-2006, 01:11 PM
I will always have the utmost respect for Drew Bledsoe. He never won a Super Bowl, but it was never for a lack of effort.

To the contrary, his problem always was lack of effort. Drew is a nice guy, good in the community, tough as nails, etc. His downfall is that he has never devoted himself to being better than what he is, and he has always assumed that the starter job is his birthright.

The guy never devoted himself fully to football. That's why he never made the jump from "ok" to "great." He'd rather rely on his arm, his size, and other factors that have allowed people to overrate him and believe they can "make" him a superstar.

After 14 seasons though, time's up.

Ickybaluky
10-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Didnt Bledsoe score on a rollout last night?

Drew isn't a guy that throws well on the run. He isn't one comfortable in a moving pocket, or even moving his feet at all. He is a sit there and throw kind of guy.

Romo is much more comfortable on the move, which means you don't always know he is going to be 3-7 steps behind the C. He can move around much easier than Bledsoe, and if your OL isn't great that is an advantage.

I'm not putting down Bledsoe, I'm just saying Romo's style of play makes it easier on his OL.

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2006, 02:08 PM
DE Ty Warren.

I don't feel as bad now. :;

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 08:23 PM
I thought when Drew ran the ball in, it showed alot of character and leadership.

DynaPaul
10-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Despite his 3 interceptions I didn't think Romo did too bad for being just thrown in the game suddenly. He did make some rookie mistakes with those picks but you know what? "Veteran" Bledsoe would have made the same ones himself. When Bledose threw that pick in the end zone you could tell by looking at his face that he knew he was screwed. Parcells didn't seem happy at all during the game. Romo did make some big plays and used his legs to counter Dallas' porous offensive line. Personally, I'd leave the kid in there. Sure, he'll make dumb mistakes but so does Bledsoe after 14 years in the league. Romo at least has some upside to him.

The King
10-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Despite his 3 interceptions I didn't think Romo did too bad for being just thrown in the game suddenly. He did make some rookie mistakes with those picks but you know what? "Veteran" Bledsoe would have made the same ones himself. When Bledose threw that pick in the end zone you could tell by looking at his face that he knew he was screwed. Parcells didn't seem happy at all during the game. Romo did make some big plays and used his legs to counter Dallas' porous offensive line. Personally, I'd leave the kid in there. Sure, he'll make dumb mistakes but so does Bledsoe after 14 years in the league. Romo at least has some upside to him.

So be it, but Dallas was in the thick of the playoff hunt.

Luisito23
10-25-2006, 07:26 AM
I'll take Drew over the garbage we have any day of the week....

GO BILLS!!!!!

mybills
10-25-2006, 08:42 AM

Why? You'd rather have a QB that holds onto the ball for 8 seconds instead of 5 seconds?

Lee-83
10-25-2006, 08:46 AM
where will his next stop be?

mybills
10-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Who cares? :evil:

Gunzlingr
10-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Looks like it officially Pine Time for Drew....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2637905&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Iehoshua
10-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Looks like it officially Pine Time for Drew....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2637905&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Gunzlingr
10-25-2006, 10:17 AM

I am sure it is everyone else's fault but his too!

Dr. Lecter
10-25-2006, 10:26 AM

Petty and childish.

You really don't have a good answer. Why do you want him to fail?

Hell, as a Bills fan, you have no room to laugh. It is not like the QB position improved since he left.

I wish him well and hope he succeeds.

Night Train
10-25-2006, 10:49 AM
where will his next stop be?

He'll never accept being a backup, so probably retirement.

Night Train
10-25-2006, 10:49 AM
GO BILLS!!!!!

So you're a garbage man ?

Night Train
10-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Of course, what Bledsoe wants matters little to Parcells. All the coach wants is the QB who gives the Cowboys the best chance of winning.
That can still be Bledsoe, as evidenced by his six touchdown passes and one interception in Dallas' three victories. But those have all been against teams with losing records. Against playoff contenders Jacksonville, Philadelphia and the Giants, he has one TD and seven INTs.

That's the deal with Bledsoe. He can't compete with the big boys anymore. Parcells can see it.

Iehoshua
10-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Petty and childish.

You really don't have a good answer. Why do you want him to fail?

Hell, as a Bills fan, you have no room to laugh. It is not like the QB position improved since he left.

I wish him well and hope he succeeds.
There's no need for me to want him to fail, he fails regardless.

Sorry you are so in love with him that you can't take a joke. Lighten up dude.

billsfairweatherfan
10-25-2006, 12:01 PM
benched.... romo looking good.

Drew's done in Big D
remo threw 3 count them ints in half a game . now tell me how in the world is that looking good?????????you must be a giant fan'

Ickybaluky
10-25-2006, 01:23 PM
remo threw 3 count them ints in half a game . now tell me how in the world is that looking good?????????you must be a giant fan'

I seem to remember Drew throwing 3 picks in a half against the Packers in the Super Bowl for the Pats in the 1996 season. In fact, a little research shows he repeated the feat playing for the Bills in 2004, in a game against Baltimore.

You can't judge Romo based on the one performance. He was thrust into a game without getting many practice reps and forced to throw a lot without the benefit of a strong running game against a good team on Monday night. That is a tough call, and you can't judge him based on that one performance.

I don't know if Romo is going to be any good or not, but it is pretty clear that Bledsoe can only take a team so far. He struggles to beat good teams, which is why his late-season and playoff performances are poor.

Romo may end up being dreadful, but if he is what have the Cowboys lost? They weren't going anywhere with Bledsoe anyway. However, if Romo proves capable the Cowboys are a good enough to have a shot at a strong playoff run. His mobility can make a difference given their struggles on the OL.

The King
10-25-2006, 01:59 PM
I seem to remember Drew throwing 3 picks in a half against the Packers in the Super Bowl for the Pats in the 1996 season.

As a Pats fan you should know Drews picks did not cost NE that game.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Bledsoe is what he is.

When he has protection he can do damage.

If the Bills can get Losman to that point then he is half way there.

Problem is that even when the protection holds up there is no knowing what you will get from him.

Ickybaluky
10-25-2006, 02:40 PM
As a Pats fan you should know Drews picks did not cost NE that game.

The one right before the half didn't help. You can excuse the last couple at the end of the game because they were way behind and didn't have hope. However, he did not play well in that game. He was never a very good playoff performer.

That said, back then Drew was a good QB. It was Ernie Zampese that ruined him forever.