PDA

View Full Version : NHL vs NFL

GFLuNEEDit
10-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Here some thoughts on NHL players vs NFL players.......

NHL players in general are far more level headed and down to earth than NFL players.

There are far fewer freaks in the NHL than the NFL or NBA.

The NFL is littered with criminals. The NHL is almost totally absent of scumbags the likes of what you can find in the NFL.

Drugs and steroids are NFL and NBA and MLB issues. You don't have much of it in hockey.

And this is where it gets politically incorrect.....
The average NHL player seems to be far more intelligent than the average
than the average NFL player.

Give me your opinions.

SABuffalo786
10-23-2006, 11:47 PM
The NFL is majorly overrated and nowhere even near as exciting as the new NHL.

Its popularity continues to astound me.

ddaryl
10-24-2006, 01:39 AM
They're both sports and there both fun to watch.

end of discussion.

GFLuNEEDit
10-24-2006, 09:27 AM
They're both sports and there both fun to watch.

Thats it no thoughts on why there are so many criminals and freaks in these others sports ?

SabreEleven
10-24-2006, 09:39 AM
The people who run the NFL and NBA know how to market better than the peope who run the NHL.

It is easier to get a game of basketball and football together than it is a game of hockey.

IMO Hockey players, in general, have more family support. You have to become a hockey player with the early practice times, like 5 or 6 am and then to be driven to the rink. then you need the money to buy the equipment. it isn't cheap. It is impossible for a single mother to finance a hockey player. Having family, leads to more stable individuals.

To practice football and basketball, just get a ball.

GThirst
10-24-2006, 11:36 AM
The new NHL is great. Problem is, now I'm spoiled. Im used to the fast paced action. Football is just so...boring in comparison to watch. Especially since the Bills are awful. I laugh when I hear people talking about how they can salvage the season and get into the playoffs.

BAM
10-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Matter.

Of.

Opinion.

JD
10-24-2006, 01:48 PM
The reason football is more popular is because its alot easier to get a game of football going, all you need is a ball.

With hockey, you need a stick, a ball, skates/blades, a net, a goalie to play, etc.. and how often do you see a hockey rink at a high school? hardly ever. Way too much $$. Football fields all over the place.

I'm glad street hockey is starting to pick up, as well as Roller leagues in the area. They were big before, but now they are HUGE. Ice leagues too.

GFLuNEEDit
10-24-2006, 04:41 PM
The new NHL is great. Problem is, now I'm spoiled. Im used to the fast paced action. Football is just so...boring in comparison to watch. Especially since the Bills are awful. I laugh when I hear people talking about how they can salvage the season and get into the playoffs.

You can watch hockey and you are acually watching something happen.

90% of football is time between plays.

And what do they show you ...they introduce you to each ugly player on both teams with that stupidy where they look down and slowly raise thier head.

Or the put the camera on some coach like Bill Cower who cant talk without spit running out of his face.

<!-- / message -->