PDA

View Full Version : College Ball

The King
10-24-2006, 07:26 AM
I think I need to start making the move to watch more college ball. I just get too emotionally involved in the pros. In college you get a new team every three years, new players and new excitement. I have become affraid of Sundays, listening to Pats fans and just watching this team self destruct week after week is killing me.

Plus you get 5 college games in HD every Saturday and that rules.

Night Train
10-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Overall, I've always enjoyed College football more.

I obviously watch/attend the Bills games on Sunday but just glance at the other Pro games. They don't interest me as much, outside of checking my fantasy football stats.

I get most of my yardwork and errands done after work, so I can put aside time to catch some Saturday games. LOVE college football and if the Bills ever do leave WNY, I won't suffer like most.

Look at the crowds at those college games. They're insane from start to finish. The highlight shows later Saturday and early Sunday morning are never missed.

The King
10-24-2006, 08:00 AM
I just need to find a team I related to.

LtFinFan66
10-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Join the Buckeye Nation :up:

Ickybaluky
10-24-2006, 08:16 AM
I just need to find a team I related to.

I enjoy the NFL more because of the talent level, but college is a different kind of game and a lot of fun towatch.

I like watching Florida because of the offense that Urban Meyers uses. I like watching the Big Ten because there are so many good teams with lots of pros. I don't get to see many of the west coast teams as much because the games are usually on late, but they like to throw the ball a lot and are entertaining.

I don't like watching the old-style option teams that run the ball 75% of the time as much. I think the best college games are the ones where they play wide-open offense and throw a ton.

The King
10-24-2006, 08:17 AM
I think BC is the way to go... I love Brian Toal he's a beast.

Earthquake Enyart
10-24-2006, 08:50 AM
I love big Ten football. This is a great year.

Ickybaluky
10-24-2006, 10:26 AM

Their defense is rock solid.

That said, I think Tom O'Brien is the college Marty Shottenheimer: Really good coach who wins a lot of games, but always gets really conservative late in games. It always annoys me when watching them.

Matt Ryan showed a ton of toughness playing last week. You could tell his foot was killing him during the game.

My brother and brother-in-law have seasons to BC for football and basketball. It is a good value.

The King
10-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Their defense is rock solid.

That said, I think Tom O'Brien is the college Marty Shottenheimer: Really good coach who wins a lot of games, but always gets really conservative late in games. It always annoys me when watching them.

Matt Ryan showed a ton of toughness playing last week. You could tell his foot was killing him during the game.

My brother and brother-in-law have seasons to BC for football and basketball. It is a good value.

Ryan shocks me every week, kid is scrawny as hell but tough as nails.

Night Train
10-24-2006, 10:55 AM

They've always been a solid, entertaining, overachieving team. Can't ask for more than that. Tom Coughlin was a good coach there.

They get to kill UB next Saturday.

BAM
10-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Big Ten!

I don't necesarrily have a favorite team, but I enjoy watching the Big 10.

Devin
10-24-2006, 11:59 AM
SEC!

The Bayou Bengals havent been playing their best ball lately.

Ickybaluky
10-24-2006, 12:41 PM
SEC!

The Bayou Bengals havent been playing their best ball lately.

Yeah, I was watching LSU last week against Fresno State, they look sick. They might be the best team out there.

Alley Broussard looked like Jerome Bettis. Why doesn't that kid play more?

Dwayne Bowe looked pretty good, too.

Jan Reimers
10-24-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm a Syracuse Orange and a UB Bulls' fan. For me, Saturdays are no better than Sundays - and sometimes much worse.