PDA

View Full Version : Marv just ended Nall Ball for the JP Haters!!

HHURRICANE
10-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Of course, the fans don't call the shots, Marv Levy does, and Marv has a message for everyone: Losman is the guy, at least for the foreseeable future. "Sure you're concerned about him," Levy said. "But I see things in him that are good, and I think he's going to be a good quarterback despite the struggles he had (Sunday)."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061024/SPORTS03/610240321/1007/SPORTS

Marv Levy is smart enough to realize that there is nobody on the bench. He's also smart enough to realize that this team sucks and we need to bring some players in next year and hopefully not a high round QB.

scott51
10-24-2006, 07:36 AM
I was expecting this. I am not convinced that JP is the future of this team. However, I think it would be ridiculous to bench JP and play Holcomb or Nall. Obviously, neither of those two are going to be the future of this team, so IMO, I say keep JP in there and let him start the rest of the year. Who knows, he may surprise us and start to improve!

I say good move Marv!!

ICE74129
10-24-2006, 07:38 AM
Of course, the fans don't call the shots, Marv Levy does, and Marv has a message for everyone: Losman is the guy, at least for the foreseeable future. "Sure you're concerned about him," Levy said. "But I see things in him that are good, and I think he's going to be a good quarterback despite the struggles he had (Sunday)."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061024/SPORTS03/610240321/1007/SPORTS

Marv Levy is smart enough to realize that there is nobody on the bench. He's also smart enough to realize that this team sucks and we need to bring some players in next year and hopefully not a high round QB.

We need a smarter QB. Sorry H its time to cut the crap and finally admit it. Even going 1-15 as a rookie, Troy Aikman was more 'under control' than JP is. he made better reads, more poise etc.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2006, 07:44 AM
I was expecting this. I am not convinced that JP is the future of this team. However, I think it would be ridiculous to bench JP and play Holcomb or Nall. Obviously, neither of those two are going to be the future of this team, so IMO, I say keep JP in there and let him start the rest of the year. Who knows, he may surprise us and start to improve!

I say good move Marv!!

Totally agree with above. Marv is a reasonable guy. Instead of listening to everyone else, including players, you need to do what is right for the team.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2006, 07:49 AM
We need a smarter QB. Sorry H its time to cut the crap and finally admit it. Even going 1-15 as a rookie, Troy Aikman was more 'under control' than JP is. he made better reads, more poise etc.

The fact that Nall isn't even being considered as an option tells us that Nall doesn't have it either. If JP is stinking up the joint for another 4 weeks he'll get pulled and JP's career here will be officially over.

I find it funny that I called the Detroit game as a carrer maker/breaker for JP and you gave me crap about it. I was right. You were also the one in that same thread that said he plays the whole season. What happened?

ICE74129
10-24-2006, 07:51 AM
The fact that Nall isn't even being considered as an option tells us that Nall doesn't have it either. If JP is stinking up the joint for another 4 weeks he'll get pulled and JP's career here will be officially over.

I find it funny that I called the Detroit game as a carrer maker/breaker for JP and you gave me crap about it. I was right. You were also the one in that same thread that said he plays the whole season. What happened?

I saw total defeat in JP Sunday. I think it finally dawned on him he doesn't have it. This kid isn't a leader. he runs and sulks when a Kelly or even Lionert, cuttler etc would have still been fighting and getting in his team mates asses.

The kid is done.

BidsJr
10-24-2006, 08:13 AM
I saw total defeat in JP Sunday. I think it finally dawned on him he doesn't have it. This kid isn't a leader. he runs and sulks when a Kelly or even Lionert, cuttler etc would have still been fighting and getting in his team mates asses.

The kid is done.

Schizophrenia.

ICE74129
10-24-2006, 08:14 AM
Schizophrenia.No, reality.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2006, 08:38 AM
JP is basically a rookie. What don't some of you people understand about 15 games started in his career?

Did the Colts give up on Peyton his first year?

Look at the mistake Tampa Bay made given up on Steve Young.

I bet Atlanta wishes they never of traded Brett Favre.

Jim Kelly didn't play that great his first 15 games in the NFL.

I could go on and on....

JP stays the starter.

Earthquake Enyart
10-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Plus we lose way more games if JP starts. We'll have a primo draft pick.

Jan Reimers
10-24-2006, 09:03 AM
I'm frustrated with many of the Bills' players, too, including JP. McGee and McGahee (59 yards on 20 carries) both McStink, but no one continually harps and carps about their abysmal performances.

Let's bench them for the Thomas brothers - Kiwaukee and Anthony - and let's put that missed-tackle machine Clements on the pines, too. And bench the whole O line, except Peters, as well as the no-longer-inspiring Spikes, and Kelsay - his mindless penalty might have been the turning point of the entire game.

Why do so many of our totally inadequate and overmatched players continue to get a free pass, when JP gets crucified after every game?

ICE74129
10-24-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm frustrated with many of the Bills' players, too, including JP. McGee and McGahee (59 yards on 20 carries) both McStink, but no one continually harps and carps about their abysmal performances.

Let's bench them for the Thomas brothers - Kiwaukee and Anthony - and let's put that missed-tackle machine Clements on the pines, too. And bench the whole O line, except Peters, as well as the no-longer-inspiring Spikes, and Kelso - his mindless penalty might have been the turning point of the entire game.

Why do so many of our totally inadequate and overmatched players continue to get a free pass, when JP gets crucified after every game?

McGee was benched, and so should JP. If McGee can get benched....

ryjam282
10-24-2006, 09:12 AM
and Kelso - his mindless penalty might have been the turning point of the entire game

I am pumped, when did Mark Kelso return??

: )

ryjam282
10-24-2006, 09:13 AM
and Kelso - his mindless penalty might have been the turning point of the entire game

:dance:

jmb1099
10-24-2006, 09:16 AM
I have officially stepped into an alternate universe where Ice giving up on Losman and Tackiling Dummy is advocating for him to finish the year out. Somebody take my pulse quickly, I may be dead.
And yes, I know td is being sarcastic, still you all have to admit, its weird.

JP is basically a rookie. What don't some of you people understand about 15 games started in his career?

Did the Colts give up on Peyton his first year?

Look at the mistake Tampa Bay made given up on Steve Young.

I bet Atlanta wishes they never of traded Brett Favre.

Jim Kelly didn't play that great his first 15 games in the NFL.

I could go on and on....

JP stays the starter.

Jan Reimers
10-24-2006, 09:17 AM

: )
Obviously a Freudian slip. But thanks for pointing out my Monday morning, post-12 hour drive typo.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2006, 09:25 AM
I have officially stepped into an alternate universe where Ice giving up on Losman and Tackiling Dummy is advocating for him to finish the year out. Somebody take my pulse quickly, I may be dead.

It was half sarcasm.

I've been saying JP should start all year long. I have not once called for him to be benched nor do I think it now.

JP remains the starter, period.

Jan Reimers
10-24-2006, 09:27 AM
McGee was benched, and so should JP. If McGee can get benched....
so should the lackluster McGahee, the revolving door Vilarrial, the ineffective Spikes, the completely overrated Clements and several others who are failing to perform on a weekly basis.

When that happens, JP can sit down, too.

GFLuNEEDit
10-24-2006, 09:39 AM
I'll say this again..you are reading too much into this stuff.

This is the party line that you can always expect to hear.

Always.

Just like in the case with Rob Johnson or other QBs.

This movie has been run and rerun.

Kerr
10-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I agree jp should stay the starter, but I can't see him become a very effective starter in this league if he's being used mostly as a pocket passer. They need to open up his game.

Saratoga Slim
10-24-2006, 10:01 AM
I'll say this again..you are reading too much into this stuff.

This is the party line that you can always expect to hear.

Always.

Just like in the case with Rob Johnson or other QBs.

This movie has been run and rerun.

Right. Just like when Parcells said the same thing about Bledsoe a week or two ago. I am fully confident that Marv's comments do mean that JP is the starter for the foreseeable future. Maybe not the rest of the season, but I'll bet you that he's going to get at least 4-5 more starts.

scott51
10-24-2006, 10:35 AM
I think JP will be starting the rest of the year. There is a big difference between the situations of JP Losman and Drew Bledsoe. With Drew Bledsoe, the Cowboys know Drew is not the future. Bascially, Dallas has been waiting for last night to happen for a while. Romo is the future of the Cowboys and after watching the game last night, I would say it could be a bright future!

As for benching JP Losman, why? Holcomb and Nall are not the future of the Buffalo Bills. There is no point in putting either of those two as the starter. JP is the supposed future of the Bills, so lets see what he does the rest of the year. I am not ready to drive him out of Buffalo yet. He's in the car and the key is in the ignition, but its not time yet. We are 2-5 right now, we are not going to go anywhere this season, so what is the harm in letting JP start and try to work out his problems!

GFLuNEEDit
10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Right. Just like when Parcells said the same thing about Bledsoe a week or two ago. I am fully confident that Marv's comments do mean that JP is the starter for the foreseeable future. Maybe not the rest of the season, but I'll bet you that he's going to get at least 4-5 more starts.

Thats not a revelation to me.

I know that he will get the starts.

I am saying that these votes of confidence need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Elminster
10-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Well, I'm glad. And he did look broken Sunday....but can Dickie and crew fix it? I'm wondering...I want to see them do some motivating...

djjimkelly
10-24-2006, 11:14 AM

u sure did u have sunday ticket in 1989 LOL

cmon bro

u saw every aikman snap

Iehoshua
10-24-2006, 11:16 AM
u sure did u have sunday ticket in 1989 LOL

cmon bro

u saw every aikman snap
:rofl:

GFLuNEEDit
10-24-2006, 11:21 AM
I think JP will be starting the rest of the year.

Maybe but its no lock.

I think he has 4 or 5 more weeks and if he doesn't show major progress , then he's done.

Then you will see Nall in there for the last 3 or 4 games.

dplus47
10-24-2006, 12:04 PM

i was about to PM a mod and ask what BZ is doing about password security, because it appears that a few identities have been compromised.

Pinkerton Security
10-24-2006, 12:19 PM
If for no reason other than the fact that I am sick of our revolving QB situation over the years since Kelly left, I just pray that the Bills stick with JP. Sure, he makes mistakes. No crap. Everyone and their grandmother can see that. What I am looking for is to see if the staff has enough guts to stick it out with JP.

I am in no way saying that he has they keys forever, but what do you have to lose? The guy can obviously make any throw necessary, but his intangibles are pretty much crap right now. He stares down receivers, has mental lapses, fumbles at costly times, blah blah blah...

I say give him this year to try to see if he pans out, then if not, move on....but NOT to f'in Nall...haha

jamze132
10-24-2006, 12:34 PM

I say good move Marv!!
Someone gets it! Bravo!

I am by no means convinced that JP is going to be the next Montana, but he needs to play through this rough patch and see what kind of make up he has.

billsfairweatherfan
10-24-2006, 01:07 PM

I say good move Marv!!
what will surprise me is how many more ints or dumb mistakes he make in the next game. watch the game without the blinders and see how you like the game.

GFLuNEEDit
10-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Marv just ended Nall Ball for the JP Haters!!

First what you call JP haters translates into realists.

Second those that don't buy into Losman as a lock for starting QB aren't saying that Nall is the answer.

Third there is nothing in what Levy said that garauntees Losman will play out the season. There is every possibility that Nall will get to start.

<!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_thanks_button -->

SquishDaFish
10-24-2006, 02:02 PM
With the new Oline and now that JP doesnt have to worry about his blindside he will be a totally different QB watch and see.