With all the problems the BILLS Have who do u keep next year????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

With all the problems the BILLS Have who do u keep next year????

The Bills as we all know are struggling and are showing signs of decline all over the feild my question is Who in the Hell do we keep from this team in order to build the team we all hope someday can be a contender

1. TKO- playing horrible looks like he is really struggling from injury and doenst want to be here solution cut/trade?

2. FA to be Nate Clements, Fletcher-Baker, Kelsay, Gandy, Andre Davis, Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan, Eric Powell, Kiwakee Thomas, Ryan Nuefeld, Damion Shelton, Jason Jefferson, Anthony Thomas, Shaud Williams, Jim Leonard, Jabari Greer, and pretty much everyone on the PS

There is no reason in my mind why u would keep anyone from this list, maybe Jabari (preseason) Greer, but other than that in my opinion everyone of these guys are replaceable

3. Cuts Chris Vilereal, Tutan Reyes, Melvin Fowler, Ryan Denney, Tim ANderson, Matt Bowen, Coy Wire, Duke Preston, Kevin Everett, Kelly Holocomb, and maybe JP Losman

4. Keepers Terrance McGee(even though he is strugglin) Terrance Pennington, Brad Butler, Aaron Merz, Robert Royal, Peerless Price, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed(cant believe i am saying it) John Digirio, Angelo Crowell, Ko Simpson, Donthe Whitner, John McCargo, Kyle Williams, Larry Triplett, Keith ellison, Ashton Youboty, Craig Nall, Ryan Lindell, Brian Moorman, Mike Schneck, Anthony Hargrove, Aaron Schobel, & Lee Evans

Also i do think we have potential on the practice squad, but it looks like we will need to replace another 20-30 guys next year but u cant argue with it considering the state of affairs here!
    discuss!
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: With all the problems the BILLS Have who do u keep next year????

I think some of the players on your various lists, including JP, will be auditioning for jobs next year over the last 9 games.

Specifically, I think Kelsay - despite his idiotic penalty Sunday - is becoming a good DE; Gandy needs to be further evaluated at his new LG position; you can't cut all of our good ST guys (Bowen, Wire, Stamer, Haggan, Aiken, Davis, Neufeld, Leonhard) without seriously disrupting that aspect of the team; Preston can play both G and C, so he may be worth keeping; and Everett may still be coming back from injury, so he may deserve another look.

Did I miss McGahee in your analysis? I'm not thrilled with him, and if he holds out, I think we should find him a new home.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

The whole thread is about what ifs and future evaluation, personally i think some of those ST guys are overatted, i dont see them making any plays, but i have no problem keeping some of them, Gandy will be interesting at LG, Mcgahee all depends on if he sits out or not, personally i think we can do better than him
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
        The whole thread is about what ifs and future evaluation, personally i think some of those ST guys are overatted, i dont see them making any plays, but i have no problem keeping some of them, Gandy will be interesting at LG, Mcgahee all depends on if he sits out or not, personally i think we can do better than him
        Any better than Willis and we have Shaun Alexander. Willis is not the problem, the man needs an OL to work with and maybe this shuffle will be the answer. But if you really think about it Willis has everything. Speed, Power, shiftiness and Vision, not to mention a killer stiff arm. If he could actually get through the first line without having to dodge someone or break a tackle, he would be scary on the second level. But constantly having to slow your momentum doesnt help a RB. If Willis leaves and goes to another team like the Giants, Falcons, Steelers or Ravens, he will rush for 2000 yards.

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

I dont doubt his abilities, i think i am more talking about he doesnt want to be here either, unfortunatly, u r right alot of his lack of production is do to a horrible and i mean horrible offensive line his future here all depends on his contract next year
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• billsfairweatherfan
            • Jul 2006

The Bills as we all know are struggling and are showing signs of decline all over the feild my question is Who in the Hell do we keep from this team in order to build the team we all hope someday can be a contender

1. TKO- playing horrible looks like he is really struggling from injury and doenst want to be here solution cut/trade?

2. FA to be Nate Clements, Fletcher-Baker, Kelsay, Gandy, Andre Davis, Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan, Eric Powell, Kiwakee Thomas, Ryan Nuefeld, Damion Shelton, Jason Jefferson, Anthony Thomas, Shaud Williams, Jim Leonard, Jabari Greer, and pretty much everyone on the PS

There is no reason in my mind why u would keep anyone from this list, maybe Jabari (preseason) Greer, but other than that in my opinion everyone of these guys are replaceable

3. Cuts Chris Vilereal, Tutan Reyes, Melvin Fowler, Ryan Denney, Tim ANderson, Matt Bowen, Coy Wire, Duke Preston, Kevin Everett, Kelly Holocomb, and maybe JP Losman

4. Keepers Terrance McGee(even though he is strugglin) Terrance Pennington, Brad Butler, Aaron Merz, Robert Royal, Peerless Price, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed(cant believe i am saying it) John Digirio, Angelo Crowell, Ko Simpson, Donthe Whitner, John McCargo, Kyle Williams, Larry Triplett, Keith ellison, Ashton Youboty, Craig Nall, Ryan Lindell, Brian Moorman, Mike Schneck, Anthony Hargrove, Aaron Schobel, & Lee Evans

Also i do think we have potential on the practice squad, but it looks like we will need to replace another 20-30 guys next year but u cant argue with it considering the state of affairs here!
            discuss!
            and maybe JP Losman ? the curse on this team is only a maybe ? i say keep the cheerleader and start swing .they would have to smart not to gat out of the way .oops there goes losman

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

The chef. Wings have been quite tasty the whole season so no reason to cut him.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

We're not going to see as much turnover this season as last in terms of cuts/releases. The main action will be with the free agents. I'd like to see Gandy, Kelsay, Anthony Thomas, Haggan, Greer, Shelton, and maybe Stamer back. Fletcher and Clements as well (even more so), depending upon their asking price. I kind of like Aiken too, but maybe Martin Nance can do what he does on special teams and yet add some size at receiver.

Andre Davis, Powell, jefferson, Shaud, Neufeld, and Kiwaukee Thomas can go as far as I'm concerned. Although it is useful to have a guy named "Kiwaukee" around to remind us of our native american heritage. But I guess he's not exactly native american. Nah, he can go to.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Why are we recreating topics that are already active?

Comment

discuss!
                    Whilst we need to improve our roster, 20-30 players. I see in the next couple of seasons we may rotate half the roster so I make that 13 players this year
                    The unlucky 13 are ....

Out:

1. Holcomb - end of the road
                    2. Nall - he's a backup and will only ever be a backup. He cost too much for what he offers
                    3. Davis - has done nothing
                    4. Price - far too much
                    5. Everett - has done less than Davis
                    6. Shelton - end of the road
                    7. Villarial - same reason
                    8. Gandy - he's been cut by the Bears, overpaid, moved at the Bills, he's basically a road block for other talent
                    9. Tripplett - we have to show these waste of space free agent free loaders the road, he has given us nothing. Worth the cap hit.
                    10. TKO - tough but he won't negotiate and he can't justify his cap figure
                    11. Fletcher-Baker - too much to resign
                    12. Leonard - why is here there
                    13. Shaud Williams
                    14. Anthony Thomas
                    15. Clements

Replaced by

1. A R2 QB and proper competition for JP - Stanton
                    2. A OFA QB - why pay more for a non-playing vet 3rd stringer?
                    3. Elvin Wilford - FA from Jaguars
                    4. Dave Ball OFA - a record breaking big slow WR from New Hampshire who may do a Colston/Baskett for us
                    5. R4 TE - maybe a receiver like Matt Herian
                    6. An OFA FB
                    7. a extra 3rd OL if we trade down - Mike Jones - IOWA
                    8. R1 pick on a LT, move Peters to LG - Long or Free
                    9. A massive R7 small school sleeper like Dorian DeRosia 6f6, 325lbs
                    10. Can be get Chad Blackburn from the Giants a ERFA SLB?
                    11. a R3 ILB
                    12. Terence Holt UFA and FS
                    13. R6 Garrett Wolfe
                    14. Sorry madness I know but lets go to the CFL and give Jesse Lumsden a real chance to make the game day roster. Don't the USA like Canucks?
                    15. a FA CB - with cuts I'd be ok with Mike Rumph or Andre Woolfork

On the cusp at the end of 2007

Tim Anderson - he stayed only because he was cheaper
                    Willis McGahee - he wants to leave anyway
                    Mark Bowen
                    Tutan Reyes
                    Robert Royal
                    Ryan Denney or Chris Kelsay - we tell them they are fighting for one slot and the best man wins
                    Melvin Fowler - did ok but we need to get bigger

= 7 draft pics

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Oct 2006

Keep Nall and Holcolm as backups... find a starter at QB

Keep Thomas as a backup and find a starting running back

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Cut Nall, keep Holcomb.
                        Cut Kiwaukee Thomas, plug in Youboty.
                        Resign Nate at CB.
                        Cut Tim Anderson.
                        Dont resign Reyes.
                        Jury is still out on TKO, if cut Ellison did fine, when he played.
                        Cut A-Train, sign another good RB to share the load with Willis.
                        Leave Gandy at G.
                        Draft a RT or LT depending on Peter's and Pennington's success.
                        Cut P.P, dont resign Andre Davis.
                        Get a #2 reciever actually worth a damn, FA or Draft.
                        And, Im pushing my wish list here. Sign Cato June to replace Fletcher.
                        Last edited by PECKERWOOD; 10-24-2006, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

Anybody else think Merz, deserves a shot at RG? Heck, Villarial will be gone next season anyways. I thought he did well against NE, he sure knows how to pass block.

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            Any better than Willis and we have Shaun Alexander. Willis is not the problem, the man needs an OL to work with and maybe this shuffle will be the answer. But if you really think about it Willis has everything. Speed, Power, shiftiness and Vision, not to mention a killer stiff arm. If he could actually get through the first line without having to dodge someone or break a tackle, he would be scary on the second level. But constantly having to slow your momentum doesnt help a RB. If Willis leaves and goes to another team like the Giants, Falcons, Steelers or Ravens, he will rush for 2000 yards.
                            Couldnt agree more. Look at Edge in AZ. Tears it up for years in Indy then gets behind probably the only line worse then ours and is having a dismal season.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

You can't cut everyone (even though I wish we could). If they have a contract they are most likely staying. Cutting Triplett, now that's funny!! Let's be real:

1) Holcomb, for no other reason than his contract is done and he doesn't fit our offense. Nothing Personal. Nall will stay and we will bring somebody in. How good will depend on JP.

2) Villareal. if we have a legitimate replacement.

3) Gandy. if we have a legitimate replacement.

4) Clements, because we are going to want our franchise tag back.

5) Fletcher. Crowell was signed long term because they knew they weren't keeping Fletcher. Fletcher will not be here guaranteed (Drew Rosenhaus)

6) Spikes. Unless he picks it up I don't see the Bills coughing up 5.5 million to keep him.

7) Andre Davis, I believe signed a year deal, so see ya later. Peerless stays.

8) Sam Aiken, no more wasted roster spots

9) Ryan Neufield, keep Everett and upgrade this sack

10) Shelton, still didn't understand how Grandpa won the job

11) Shauld Williams - he got me "lucky Charms" 2 years in a row. Time to cut the leprechan.

12 ) Kelsay, Denney, Tim Anderson - I'm hoping they cut all 3, but unliklely.

Comment

Working...
                              X