PDA

View Full Version : With all the problems the BILLS Have who do u keep next year????

bigbub2352
10-24-2006, 10:37 AM
The Bills as we all know are struggling and are showing signs of decline all over the feild my question is Who in the Hell do we keep from this team in order to build the team we all hope someday can be a contender

1. TKO- playing horrible looks like he is really struggling from injury and doenst want to be here solution cut/trade?

2. FA to be Nate Clements, Fletcher-Baker, Kelsay, Gandy, Andre Davis, Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan, Eric Powell, Kiwakee Thomas, Ryan Nuefeld, Damion Shelton, Jason Jefferson, Anthony Thomas, Shaud Williams, Jim Leonard, Jabari Greer, and pretty much everyone on the PS

There is no reason in my mind why u would keep anyone from this list, maybe Jabari (preseason) Greer, but other than that in my opinion everyone of these guys are replaceable

3. Cuts Chris Vilereal, Tutan Reyes, Melvin Fowler, Ryan Denney, Tim ANderson, Matt Bowen, Coy Wire, Duke Preston, Kevin Everett, Kelly Holocomb, and maybe JP Losman

4. Keepers Terrance McGee(even though he is strugglin) Terrance Pennington, Brad Butler, Aaron Merz, Robert Royal, Peerless Price, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed(cant believe i am saying it) John Digirio, Angelo Crowell, Ko Simpson, Donthe Whitner, John McCargo, Kyle Williams, Larry Triplett, Keith ellison, Ashton Youboty, Craig Nall, Ryan Lindell, Brian Moorman, Mike Schneck, Anthony Hargrove, Aaron Schobel, & Lee Evans

Also i do think we have potential on the practice squad, but it looks like we will need to replace another 20-30 guys next year but u cant argue with it considering the state of affairs here!
discuss!

Jan Reimers
10-24-2006, 11:31 AM
I think some of the players on your various lists, including JP, will be auditioning for jobs next year over the last 9 games.

Specifically, I think Kelsay - despite his idiotic penalty Sunday - is becoming a good DE; Gandy needs to be further evaluated at his new LG position; you can't cut all of our good ST guys (Bowen, Wire, Stamer, Haggan, Aiken, Davis, Neufeld, Leonhard) without seriously disrupting that aspect of the team; Preston can play both G and C, so he may be worth keeping; and Everett may still be coming back from injury, so he may deserve another look.

Did I miss McGahee in your analysis? I'm not thrilled with him, and if he holds out, I think we should find him a new home.

bigbub2352
10-24-2006, 11:37 AM
The whole thread is about what ifs and future evaluation, personally i think some of those ST guys are overatted, i dont see them making any plays, but i have no problem keeping some of them, Gandy will be interesting at LG, Mcgahee all depends on if he sits out or not, personally i think we can do better than him

Mahdi
10-24-2006, 12:29 PM
The whole thread is about what ifs and future evaluation, personally i think some of those ST guys are overatted, i dont see them making any plays, but i have no problem keeping some of them, Gandy will be interesting at LG, Mcgahee all depends on if he sits out or not, personally i think we can do better than him
Any better than Willis and we have Shaun Alexander. Willis is not the problem, the man needs an OL to work with and maybe this shuffle will be the answer. But if you really think about it Willis has everything. Speed, Power, shiftiness and Vision, not to mention a killer stiff arm. If he could actually get through the first line without having to dodge someone or break a tackle, he would be scary on the second level. But constantly having to slow your momentum doesnt help a RB. If Willis leaves and goes to another team like the Giants, Falcons, Steelers or Ravens, he will rush for 2000 yards.

bigbub2352
10-24-2006, 12:53 PM
I dont doubt his abilities, i think i am more talking about he doesnt want to be here either, unfortunatly, u r right alot of his lack of production is do to a horrible and i mean horrible offensive line his future here all depends on his contract next year

billsfairweatherfan
10-24-2006, 12:59 PM
The Bills as we all know are struggling and are showing signs of decline all over the feild my question is Who in the Hell do we keep from this team in order to build the team we all hope someday can be a contender

1. TKO- playing horrible looks like he is really struggling from injury and doenst want to be here solution cut/trade?

2. FA to be Nate Clements, Fletcher-Baker, Kelsay, Gandy, Andre Davis, Sam Aiken, Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan, Eric Powell, Kiwakee Thomas, Ryan Nuefeld, Damion Shelton, Jason Jefferson, Anthony Thomas, Shaud Williams, Jim Leonard, Jabari Greer, and pretty much everyone on the PS

There is no reason in my mind why u would keep anyone from this list, maybe Jabari (preseason) Greer, but other than that in my opinion everyone of these guys are replaceable

3. Cuts Chris Vilereal, Tutan Reyes, Melvin Fowler, Ryan Denney, Tim ANderson, Matt Bowen, Coy Wire, Duke Preston, Kevin Everett, Kelly Holocomb, and maybe JP Losman

4. Keepers Terrance McGee(even though he is strugglin) Terrance Pennington, Brad Butler, Aaron Merz, Robert Royal, Peerless Price, Roscoe Parrish, Josh Reed(cant believe i am saying it) John Digirio, Angelo Crowell, Ko Simpson, Donthe Whitner, John McCargo, Kyle Williams, Larry Triplett, Keith ellison, Ashton Youboty, Craig Nall, Ryan Lindell, Brian Moorman, Mike Schneck, Anthony Hargrove, Aaron Schobel, & Lee Evans

Also i do think we have potential on the practice squad, but it looks like we will need to replace another 20-30 guys next year but u cant argue with it considering the state of affairs here!
discuss!
and maybe JP Losman ? the curse on this team is only a maybe ? i say keep the cheerleader and start swing .they would have to smart not to gat out of the way .oops there goes losman

Mr. Cynical
10-24-2006, 02:05 PM
The chef. Wings have been quite tasty the whole season so no reason to cut him.

Saratoga Slim
10-24-2006, 03:24 PM
We're not going to see as much turnover this season as last in terms of cuts/releases. The main action will be with the free agents. I'd like to see Gandy, Kelsay, Anthony Thomas, Haggan, Greer, Shelton, and maybe Stamer back. Fletcher and Clements as well (even more so), depending upon their asking price. I kind of like Aiken too, but maybe Martin Nance can do what he does on special teams and yet add some size at receiver.

Andre Davis, Powell, jefferson, Shaud, Neufeld, and Kiwaukee Thomas can go as far as I'm concerned. Although it is useful to have a guy named "Kiwaukee" around to remind us of our native american heritage. But I guess he's not exactly native american. Nah, he can go to.

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Why are we recreating topics that are already active?

kernowboy
10-24-2006, 04:58 PM

discuss!

Whilst we need to improve our roster, 20-30 players. I see in the next couple of seasons we may rotate half the roster so I make that 13 players this year
The unlucky 13 are ....

Out:

1. Holcomb - end of the road
2. Nall - he's a backup and will only ever be a backup. He cost too much for what he offers
3. Davis - has done nothing
4. Price - far too much
5. Everett - has done less than Davis
6. Shelton - end of the road
7. Villarial - same reason
8. Gandy - he's been cut by the Bears, overpaid, moved at the Bills, he's basically a road block for other talent
9. Tripplett - we have to show these waste of space free agent free loaders the road, he has given us nothing. Worth the cap hit.
10. TKO - tough but he won't negotiate and he can't justify his cap figure
11. Fletcher-Baker - too much to resign
12. Leonard - why is here there
13. Shaud Williams
14. Anthony Thomas
15. Clements

Replaced by

1. A R2 QB and proper competition for JP - Stanton
2. A OFA QB - why pay more for a non-playing vet 3rd stringer?
3. Elvin Wilford - FA from Jaguars
4. Dave Ball OFA - a record breaking big slow WR from New Hampshire who may do a Colston/Baskett for us
5. R4 TE - maybe a receiver like Matt Herian
6. An OFA FB
7. a extra 3rd OL if we trade down - Mike Jones - IOWA
8. R1 pick on a LT, move Peters to LG - Long or Free
9. A massive R7 small school sleeper like Dorian DeRosia 6f6, 325lbs
10. Can be get Chad Blackburn from the Giants a ERFA SLB?
11. a R3 ILB
12. Terence Holt UFA and FS
13. R6 Garrett Wolfe
14. Sorry madness I know but lets go to the CFL and give Jesse Lumsden a real chance to make the game day roster. Don't the USA like Canucks?
15. a FA CB - with cuts I'd be ok with Mike Rumph or Andre Woolfork

On the cusp at the end of 2007

Tim Anderson - he stayed only because he was cheaper
Willis McGahee - he wants to leave anyway
Mark Bowen
Tutan Reyes
Robert Royal
Ryan Denney or Chris Kelsay - we tell them they are fighting for one slot and the best man wins
Melvin Fowler - did ok but we need to get bigger

= 7 draft pics

GFLuNEEDit
10-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Keep Nall and Holcolm as backups... find a starter at QB

Keep Thomas as a backup and find a starting running back

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Cut Nall, keep Holcomb.
Cut Kiwaukee Thomas, plug in Youboty.
Resign Nate at CB.
Cut Tim Anderson.
Dont resign Reyes.
Jury is still out on TKO, if cut Ellison did fine, when he played.
Cut A-Train, sign another good RB to share the load with Willis.
Leave Gandy at G.
Draft a RT or LT depending on Peter's and Pennington's success.
Cut P.P, dont resign Andre Davis.
Get a #2 reciever actually worth a damn, FA or Draft.
And, Im pushing my wish list here. Sign Cato June to replace Fletcher.

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Anybody else think Merz, deserves a shot at RG? Heck, Villarial will be gone next season anyways. I thought he did well against NE, he sure knows how to pass block.

Devin
10-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Any better than Willis and we have Shaun Alexander. Willis is not the problem, the man needs an OL to work with and maybe this shuffle will be the answer. But if you really think about it Willis has everything. Speed, Power, shiftiness and Vision, not to mention a killer stiff arm. If he could actually get through the first line without having to dodge someone or break a tackle, he would be scary on the second level. But constantly having to slow your momentum doesnt help a RB. If Willis leaves and goes to another team like the Giants, Falcons, Steelers or Ravens, he will rush for 2000 yards.

Couldnt agree more. Look at Edge in AZ. Tears it up for years in Indy then gets behind probably the only line worse then ours and is having a dismal season.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2006, 06:27 PM
You can't cut everyone (even though I wish we could). If they have a contract they are most likely staying. Cutting Triplett, now that's funny!! Let's be real:

1) Holcomb, for no other reason than his contract is done and he doesn't fit our offense. Nothing Personal. Nall will stay and we will bring somebody in. How good will depend on JP.

2) Villareal. if we have a legitimate replacement.

3) Gandy. if we have a legitimate replacement.

4) Clements, because we are going to want our franchise tag back.

5) Fletcher. Crowell was signed long term because they knew they weren't keeping Fletcher. Fletcher will not be here guaranteed (Drew Rosenhaus)

6) Spikes. Unless he picks it up I don't see the Bills coughing up 5.5 million to keep him.

7) Andre Davis, I believe signed a year deal, so see ya later. Peerless stays.

8) Sam Aiken, no more wasted roster spots

9) Ryan Neufield, keep Everett and upgrade this sack

10) Shelton, still didn't understand how Grandpa won the job

11) Shauld Williams - he got me "lucky Charms" 2 years in a row. Time to cut the leprechan.

12 ) Kelsay, Denney, Tim Anderson - I'm hoping they cut all 3, but unliklely.

cablesabres68
10-25-2006, 12:02 AM
All you guys think you know what is best for the Bills why don't you let the man in charge make the decisions. his decisions got us to 4 super bowls the first time around so please just shut the hell up because we are not dumping the entire football team because they suck because they don't so period i am done talking to you about this subject because if any of you had a football mind you would be watching the game for the positives in a player not oh he made a few bad plays that's why we lost. remember the old saying there is no I in TEAM it takes a whole team to win and a whole team to lose now i'm done sorry had to get that off my chest because you guys have the rights to your own opinions but cmon we love our buffalo bills no matter what.

kernowboy
10-25-2006, 04:42 AM
[quote=HHURRICANE]You can't cut everyone (even though I wish we could). If they have a contract they are most likely staying. Cutting Triplett, now that's funny!! Let's be real:

8) Sam Aiken, no more wasted roster spots

I'd keep Sam Aitken. He's a good ST player, He's got size 6ft2, 204lbs and he has done well in pre-season but never been given an opportunity.

I loath it when we draft players, have then hang around, never give them a chance, then cut them. At the moment our play from No2 has not been up to the job. Stick Sam in, give him his shot, if he does ok, he's here next year, if he doesn't he is out.

Oh and I'd cut Tripplett and take the cap him if only to send a message to other Free Agents that you can't sign an over-priced contract, come here and take the piss

Night Train
10-25-2006, 05:33 AM

discuss!

Too many names to get specific but many of those guys you wish not to keep as FA's or cut are needed for depth. Otherwise you have 35 new guys on a 53 man roster.

Lets get real. This isn't a Madden game.

I agree Spikes may be a cap cut, due to his injury and he may actually request it. Fletcher is all heart but just too small and old to justify another big contract.

Keepers - Peerless Price - Hahahaha ! Yeah. What a star.

Then I read those cuts ?

Sorry. Can't take this seriously.

bigbub2352
10-25-2006, 10:09 AM
So I guess this depth that night train and cable68 are talking about is the same depth that got us to 5-11 last year, and sam aiken and coy wire have given us the ST plays every game that we desire, Sam Aiken and COy WIre besides his blocked punt that he got paid 1.3 million a year to do was worth it, and i guess cuttin an injury prone soon to be 34 year old guard who sucks is out of the question, or a guy who has been hurt constantly through our his career and again we sign him and cut rashard baker, but leave this guy on the roster to sit the bench provide no depth or ST play, Duke Preston has gotten many chances to play and showed why he will never be a starter because he got blown up so many times, is very easily bull rushed, and is not quick enough to handle the swim move to play center, nice try, even better lets keep a guy that we signed from carolina who is getting paid starter money to sit the bench and again he suks cant handle pass protection and gets constantly bulk rushed on runnning plays,i will make u feel better lets keep him for depth, Doenst anyone realize that natural turo ver for a roster is 10-15-20 players every year, and we are going to finish like 5-11 again so u wanna keep these guys who are consistently adding up to losses i guess i dont watch enough football, or follow the game enough to be up to snuff with your opinions

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 11:03 AM
The more I think about our roster, the more I realize the less further away from a good team, we actually are. I am stoked about the changes on OL. I think we have good depth. You guys should be VERY happy that our backups OL men are starting to beat out veterans for starting positions. Very positive sign. I think we will see more of that as the year goes on. My prediction, Merz succeeds Villarial at RG and Preston becomes Merz's backup.

Inetpub
10-25-2006, 11:13 AM
The more I think about our roster, the more I realize the less further away from a good team, we actually are. I am stoked about the changes on OL. I think we have good depth. You guys should be VERY happy that our backups OL men are starting to beat out veterans for starting positions. Very positive sign. I think we will see more of that as the year goes on. My prediction, Merz succeeds Villarial at RG and Preston becomes Merz's backup.

I'll have to agree. I dont think we are lacking talent. I think we are lacking results. There might be afew minor changes in the offseason but dont expect it to be as DRASTIC as the 7-9 guys you guys all want out here. I could see Nall being gone as he costs alot for nothing. Gandy,Mcgahee and Clements. Mcgahee only because Buffalo is a small market and the guy wants bigger things and loves the spotlight.

Other than that, If we can make less mistakes, the only real games we've been blown out were Chicago and last weeks game, I dont see why we cant improve.

bigbub2352
10-25-2006, 11:29 AM
I agree but you got to get rid of some of the dead weight on this team, like guys like sam aiken coy wire, chris villereal, i could definetly see keeping duke preston cause of his youth , but we need some new players that can also contribute outside of ST, we need a couple of WR's with good size and route running ability for the red zone and 3rd down conversions, also we defintly are a few starters away from being competitive on both Oline and Dline, but this draft class gives us alot of depth, and that helps, some of the guys from the TD era still need to go in my opinion

kernowboy
10-25-2006, 11:30 AM
I think Wire and Aitken are having a down ST year but so is the entire unit.

Working on the rationale that they are not going to turn over half the entire roster, i reckon there will be 12-15 changes. We will definitely keep all our draft picks 6 or 7 depending on whether we trade down, maybe a couple of OFAs especially at Full Back and maybe half a dozen free agents. I don't want free agents brought in to be back ups even at QB, I went them brought into a least be close to challenging which is why I think we'll look at LB, DB and WR as we may need two LBs for FB and Clements, a CB in case Youboty doesn't step up, a FS to push Simpson, a big WR to be a No.2 and possible a NT if we can find one. I think they stick to the OL through the draft.

I am quite happy with JP at QB, a Day1 pick to push him and an OFA as roster/training camp fodder who at worst will be cheap and might surprise.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Wire, Aiken, Davis, Villarial, Kiwaukee and Anderson. There all as good as gone. They are all expendable as far as I'm concerned.

bigbub2352
10-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Every year there is change , i guess alot of Bills fans on here dont like that, but with salary cap and FA they got to get used to it, i agree we need upgrades at the NUmber 2 spot on WR, FB, LB, DT and Oline depth, also i would like to to look into another TE in the Draft we got out blockers we need our receiving TE, and Robert Royal to get more comfotable in the offense with JP, all playoff teams have 2 good TEs

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Every year there is change , i guess alot of Bills fans on here dont like that, but with salary cap and FA they got to get used to it, i agree we need upgrades at the NUmber 2 spot on WR, FB, LB, DT and Oline depth, also i would like to to look into another TE in the Draft we got out blockers we need our receiving TE, and Robert Royal to get more comfotable in the offense with JP, all playoff teams have 2 good TEs
I wouldnt mind another TE, we should however keep Royal also though. Nuefeld and Everett are expendable. #2 WR should be easy for us to get. Heck, we could get a great FB as an undrafted rookie. We need a solid #1 technique DT, and as far as OL goes. Even if TKO goes, we got Ellison. If Fletcher leaves, we obviously need to get a MLB though. Our OL, could use an extra G, and T.

Elminster
10-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Well, first of all, a lot is dependant on how these oline changes shake out. But, personally...

-Unless he's playing really, really bad(like Ryan Leaf bad), JP stays. However, dependant on his play, he may need stiffer competition(i.e. a first day QB with the talent needed to be a STARTER ala Brodie Croyle.)

-If Peters and Pennington work out, no need to take a tackle high. If either has trouble, then draft a mid-round tackle. If either is a failure, take a tackle high.

-We need a guard. Preferably through the draft, that's how good teams build their lines. Preston is looking like good depth and nothing else, Reyes looked mediocre, and Gandy is probably average, and Chris V is ancient. That leaves Merz with promise, and we have two guard spots.

-We need a consistant starter at LDE. It seems to me Kelsay and Denney only show up once in a blue moon. We need more than that. A big, strong, quick DE who holds up well against the run and has enough speed to get after the QB seems to be just what the doctor orders.

-Cornerback is starting to look ugly. I doubt Clements will stay and question whether we should even bother trying to resign him. McGee has looked terrible. Greer and Thomas are nothing more than nickel backs. Barring Youboty seeing the field and lighting it up, we'll need to take a CB early or sign some one in FA.

-We could use some one who eats up some space at DT. This doesn't have be some one who can't do anything else, but preferably they could fit our scheme and still be a big, strong body in the middle. Triplett is looking like a FA bust...

-We also need a big wide receiver, or a receiving TE. Every QB could use a big target now and then. Maybe Royal can step into that role, but I think we need a big, physical #2 to line up on the other side from Evans and force opposing defenses to give him attention. Right now, Peerless seems to make too many drops and runs shoddy routes....sound familiar?

-Let's face it....Shelton is a fossil. We could use a more dynamic player at fullback.

-Willis's contract year is up next year...which means we should have a young RB waiting in the wings so we don't have to resign McGahee if his play fails to inspire confidence. At worst, such a RB would make a better long-term back up than the A-Train, who isn't bad, he's just a little on the old side for a runningback...

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Let me point something out, that alot of people arent seeing. Tripplett is not a FA bust, he is getting double teamed. Usually the 3 technique guy gets single covered and gets to make plays. That isnt the case here. Buffalo doesnt have a 1 technique DT to eat up 2 OL men. Thats why Tripp was so successfull in Indy, he had Simon taking the double team. Our 1 technique DT, atm is Tim Anderson, so you can kind of see where the problem is.

kernowboy
10-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Well, first of all, a lot is dependant on how these oline changes shake out. But, personally...

-Unless he's playing really, really bad(like Ryan Leaf bad), JP stays. However, dependant on his play, he may need stiffer competition(i.e. a first day QB with the talent needed to be a STARTER ala Brodie Croyle.)

-If Peters and Pennington work out, no need to take a tackle high. If either has trouble, then draft a mid-round tackle. If either is a failure, take a tackle high.

-We need a guard. Preferably through the draft, that's how good teams build their lines. Preston is looking like good depth and nothing else, Reyes looked mediocre, and Gandy is probably average, and Chris V is ancient. That leaves Merz with promise, and we have two guard spots.

-We need a consistant starter at LDE. It seems to me Kelsay and Denney only show up once in a blue moon. We need more than that. A big, strong, quick DE who holds up well against the run and has enough speed to get after the QB seems to be just what the doctor orders.

-Cornerback is starting to look ugly. I doubt Clements will stay and question whether we should even bother trying to resign him. McGee has looked terrible. Greer and Thomas are nothing more than nickel backs. Barring Youboty seeing the field and lighting it up, we'll need to take a CB early or sign some one in FA.

-We could use some one who eats up some space at DT. This doesn't have be some one who can't do anything else, but preferably they could fit our scheme and still be a big, strong body in the middle. Triplett is looking like a FA bust...

-We also need a big wide receiver, or a receiving TE. Every QB could use a big target now and then. Maybe Royal can step into that role, but I think we need a big, physical #2 to line up on the other side from Evans and force opposing defenses to give him attention. Right now, Peerless seems to make too many drops and runs shoddy routes....sound familiar?

-Let's face it....Shelton is a fossil. We could use a more dynamic player at fullback.

-Willis's contract year is up next year...which means we should have a young RB waiting in the wings so we don't have to resign McGahee if his play fails to inspire confidence. At worst, such a RB would make a better long-term back up than the A-Train, who isn't bad, he's just a little on the old side for a runningback...

Good post.

- On the QB I agree, a Day1 pick, if Drew Stanton drops to Round 2, I'd snap him up. If a youngster drops to OFA, I'd also sign. Would be pre-season fodder and occasionally one of them becomes ok and might have trade value

- We disagree on the OL. I still would like to go Round 1. Why because I think that the best value is there considering the LT depth. If we need a guard, we already have a great one in Peters who we can inside. The guards and centres this year are rated poor to average. In addition an injury to the rookie and we can always move Peters out. We gain double coverage depth here.

- However before DE, LB is a looming crisis, and a mid rounder here is an absolute must because we may loose both TKO and FB

- I think we need to swap Bowen out and bring a FS like Terrence Holt

- A big WR is a must. I think Elvin Winfeld will be available from the Jags, as I think they will go after a genuine speedster in the 1st. Also Matt Herian would be good if we can pick him up on Day2.

- I am inclined to trade McGahee out now, even if we only get a R2. Better than nothing. Of the backs to replace him in the draft, Tony Hunt could be an interesting bulldozer to have in the backfield.

- I'd like to take a greater look at Hargrove here. We could consider both the Nebraska ends or Dan Bazuin. They seem to hold up against the run, whilst bringing sack potential.

- At DT, the Free agency option looks poor. If the juniors stay in college so does the draft as they are all at or under 300lbs. With that in mind and recalling they scouted Saginaw Valley St for John DiGiorgio I'm sure they wouldn't have failed to notice all 6ft6 and 325lbs of Dorian DeRosia.

- At CB I think someone like Mike Rumph or Andre Woolfork, can be a good backup, start in a pinch and still be young enough to step up.

- Shelton can be replaced by the best FB not drafted

I do want to draft down in Round 1, as I think there is good quality reasonably deep and I would like to make sure we had flexibility for the DT and RB postions in 2008.

R1. Doug Free LT
R2. Drew Stanton QB
R3. Tony Hunt RB
R4. Justin Durant LB
R6. Garrett Wolfe RB 3rd down runner
R7. Damion deRosia

If we can get an extra pick for trading down, like a R4, I'd get someone like Matt Herian TE

If we have a R2 for McGahee I'd grab BPA. If McGahee doesn't go we don't draft Hunt and pick an RB no higher than R2 in 2008

bigbub2352
10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
If Peters works out at LT you will not need to go that high for a LT i could see us maybe going MLB or RB depending on what goes on with Willis, also a G, or DE or DT lets hope someone pans out would be nice since Mike Williams ****ed everything up

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 01:38 PM
There is about a 50% chance that Losman will be gone.

In one of my threads I explained that he is on a short rope.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 01:38 PM
If Peters works out at LT you will not need to go that high for a LT i could see us maybe going MLB or RB depending on what goes on with Willis, also a G, or DE or DT lets hope someone pans out would be nice since Mike Williams ****ed everything up
If our line works out, this would be cool.

Rnd 1.) Alan Branch
Rnd 2.) Buster Davis

or

Rnd 1.) Adams or Moses
Rnd 2.) Frank Ohkam, DT Texas

or

Rnd 1.) Dwayne Jarret or Calvin Johnson
Rnd 2.) Poslunzy or Davis( I think his draft stock will drop..)

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 01:40 PM
There is about a 50% chance that Losman will be gone.

In one of my threads I explained that he is on a short rope.
Nobody cares what you think!

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Nobody cares what you think!

Who in Gods name cares what you post.

We dont see anything coming out of you but rah rah rah .

There is nothing coming out of you for the rest of us that is worth reading.

Nothing.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 01:59 PM

Nothing.
http://www.starwars-tw.com/story/character/jedi/yoda-ep2.jpg

Elminster
10-25-2006, 02:09 PM

Nothing.
I'll own you righht now and I say I do in fact care about what Buffalo Fever posts. He has more to add than half-baked assumptions drawn out of a very general statement most likely directed to the team and organization as a whole. You're the one no one cares about and it is YOU who ought to quit posting until you have something meaningful to add besides constantly carping about Losman and offering little suggestion as to what to do about it...

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 02:11 PM
I'll own you righht now and I say I do in fact care about what Buffalo Fever posts. He has more to add than half-baked assumptions drawn out of a very general statement most likely directed to the team and organization as a whole. You're the one no one cares about and it is YOU who ought to quit posting until you have something meaningful to add besides constantly carping about Losman and offering little suggestion as to what to do about it...
Henceforth, we will now be known as the anti-troll patrol! =P

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 02:16 PM

My suggestion is to put him on the bench.

Draft 2 or 3 QBs next year and let them compete for the job.

Or if a vet is available in free agency go for the instant fix.<!-- / message -->

bigbub2352
10-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Unfortunatley they will not use 3 draft picks on Qbs because we have such glaring needs else were but we should take a brodie croyle type QB in the 4-5th rd to try and develop while we all see were this Losman Experiment goes, as for FA, there is no real QB in that market next year just hasbeens and would of could of should QBs that will bring us the same as Losman, another option would be a UDFA to develop on the PS as well as drafting one, this also pushes Losman, we need DE and DT, or MLB in the 1st round, assuming this switch works on the line,
I would love to get Buster Davis he is real good, but i really like the kid from PSU he is hard nosed and fast

kernowboy
10-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Unfortunatley they will not use 3 draft picks on Qbs because we have such glaring needs else were but we should take a brodie croyle type QB in the 4-5th rd to try and develop while we all see were this Losman Experiment goes, as for FA, there is no real QB in that market next year just hasbeens and would of could of should QBs that will bring us the same as Losman, another option would be a UDFA to develop on the PS as well as drafting one, this also pushes Losman, we need DE and DT, or MLB in the 1st round, assuming this switch works on the line,
I would love to get Buster Davis he is real good, but i really like the kid from PSU he is hard nosed and fast

I think if Stanton drops to Round 2 we need to seriously considering pulling the trigger there and then

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Do you mean Paul Poslunzy? I think he is alright, not worth a top 10 though. I think he will drop down to early 2nd round, mid 2nd round maybe. We may have a shot at him.. I like #40 Dan Connor, the OLB from PSU. That guy makes plays all over the field.

kernowboy
10-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Do you mean Paul Poslunzy? I think he is alright, not worth a top 10 though. I think he will drop down to early 2nd round, mid 2nd round maybe. We may have a shot at him.. I like #40 Dan Connor, the OLB from PSU. That guy makes plays all over the field.

So you still think we'll be in the top10?

Whilst I am still trying to get the around the suggestion of drafting 3 QBs, obviously made by someone with frizzy hair, a big red nose, extra oversized feet and booked by mums for children parties, I do think Posluzny will go between 15-25 as although he is having a quieter year, overall he's had a standout college career.

Connor looks a player but will he come out early. At worst he is worthy of consideration in 2008

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 03:06 PM
So you still think we'll be in the top10?

Whilst I am still trying to get the around the suggestion of drafting 3 QBs, obviously made by someone with frizzy hair, a big red nose, extra oversized feet and booked by mums for children parties, I do think Posluzny will go between 15-25 as although he is having a quieter year, overall he's had a standout college career.

Connor looks a player but will he come out early. At worst he is worthy of consideration in 2008 I still think we will pick in the top 10. I could see us finishing 6-10 at best. Our schedule looks like this:

GB - W
IND - L
HOU - L
JAX - L
SD - L
NYJ - W
MIA - W
TEN - W
BAL - L

We will probably lose one or two of the games I projected to win, just because were a young team. And we lose against some teams we should have beaten. ( DET and NYJ..)

kernowboy
10-25-2006, 03:13 PM
I think we'll beat Houston, but then if Houston can be the Jags we might lose to Houston and beat the Jags

bigbub2352
10-26-2006, 10:01 AM
we could beat both teams it depends on what team shows up, the one against miami or the one against detriot