X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Why do we even have TE's?

Why do we bother putting 2 TE's in the game at times? Why not just put in 2 more OT's or OG's?

We rarely throw to them, and usually they are there to block. Why not just put a big blocker in and let him block all day?

Re: Why do we even have TE's?

We signed Royal cos apparently he could block and had receiving potential

Apparently

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Royal had 4 catches Sunday...he had 5 for the season going into the game. maybe they're finally realizing he's there. Everett...not looking like a typical TE from The U
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

The TE's have been blocking. Why would you put another G in there? The opposing team would know what you were going to do, immediately. Royal does have recieving potential, although he is not an elite TE he can catch the football. He did good against NE, and made some big plays for us. I dont know about you guys, but I have seen Royal jack some dudes. He is a house.

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Royal looked decent on Sunday. He's one of the only ones...

Jon

Comment

• Bling
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
            Royal had 4 catches Sunday...he had 5 for the season going into the game. maybe they're finally realizing he's there. Everett...not looking like a typical TE from The U
            Everett never was a typical TE from the U. Sorry to disappoint. Yup TD sucks.

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

My issue isnt that Royal sucks... its that we bring in dual TE's on obvious rushing downs... I never understood that! Just bring in more meat and shove the ball down their throats!

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

Come to think of it... that last comment I made reminds me of Mikey at the tailgate this weekend haha!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

Well I agree with you that Royal isnt the best. He certainly is an upgrade over Campbell, Euhus, Nuefeld and Everett.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                    Come to think of it... that last comment I made reminds me of Mikey at the tailgate this weekend haha!
                    yeah. but he shoved more beer down his throat than anything else
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Elminster
                      #1 Kelsay Fan
                      • Oct 2006

Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if Everett even exists. I was having my doubts about Royal, but after Sunday, I can confidently say that there is indeed a Robert Royal who appears in a Bills uni

And as for always rushing out a 2TE set....well...remember, this is the same guy who had Josh Reed take a direct snap. I'm actually starting to like Josh, but that's just kinda obvious...
                      Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

Working...
                      X