PDA

View Full Version : Why do we even have TE's?

Pride
10-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Why do we bother putting 2 TE's in the game at times? Why not just put in 2 more OT's or OG's?

We rarely throw to them, and usually they are there to block. Why not just put a big blocker in and let him block all day?

kernowboy
10-24-2006, 02:42 PM
We signed Royal cos apparently he could block and had receiving potential

Apparently

The_Philster
10-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Royal had 4 catches Sunday...he had 5 for the season going into the game. maybe they're finally realizing he's there. Everett...not looking like a typical TE from The U

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 02:44 PM
The TE's have been blocking. Why would you put another G in there? The opposing team would know what you were going to do, immediately. Royal does have recieving potential, although he is not an elite TE he can catch the football. He did good against NE, and made some big plays for us. I dont know about you guys, but I have seen Royal jack some dudes. He is a house.

Mudflap1
10-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Royal looked decent on Sunday. He's one of the only ones...

Jon

Bling
10-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Royal had 4 catches Sunday...he had 5 for the season going into the game. maybe they're finally realizing he's there. Everett...not looking like a typical TE from The U

Everett never was a typical TE from the U. Sorry to disappoint. Yup TD sucks.

Pride
10-24-2006, 03:39 PM
My issue isnt that Royal sucks... its that we bring in dual TE's on obvious rushing downs... I never understood that! Just bring in more meat and shove the ball down their throats!

Pride
10-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Come to think of it... that last comment I made reminds me of Mikey at the tailgate this weekend haha!

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Well I agree with you that Royal isnt the best. He certainly is an upgrade over Campbell, Euhus, Nuefeld and Everett.

The_Philster
10-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Come to think of it... that last comment I made reminds me of Mikey at the tailgate this weekend haha!
yeah. but he shoved more beer down his throat than anything else :snicker:

Elminster
10-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder if Everett even exists. I was having my doubts about Royal, but after Sunday, I can confidently say that there is indeed a Robert Royal who appears in a Bills uni:rrich:

And as for always rushing out a 2TE set....well...remember, this is the same guy who had Josh Reed take a direct snap. I'm actually starting to like Josh, but that's just kinda obvious...