PDA

View Full Version : Why is all the venom directed at Losman?

DarbyTheDinosaur
10-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Why is all the anger and frustration always directed at JP? Last time I checked, the Bills were playing terrible football as a team...special teams has not been all that special, the o-line has been terrible during most protections, and the defense is getting consistently burned on the pass and run all over...the coaching staff has made some questionable decisions now and again (that easily become even more questionable on Monday).

Plain and simple, they stink right now. Most of us were excited for a new season to begin...but we were also quite realistic with our expectations. Then the Bills came out and played football...our expectations changed a little bit...they gave NE a run for their money early, they spanked the little fishies, the dominated the Jets with the exception of some mental errors, and the beat a (now appearing to be) solid Vikings squad in an ugly win. Don't get me wrong...I am wholeheartedly disappointed over the past three weeks...my wife and I drove to the game (7 hours up and 7 back) this Sunday just to listen to Pats fans make fun of us...it wasn't a great feeling. That typical feeling of loserdom sets in easily when you're a Bills fan...but remember, JP has made mistakes, sure...but so has Willis, so has Lee, so has McGee, so has Tripplett, so has Clements, God knows so has Gandy, so has Jauron, so has everyone on this team. They aren't machines, they are people...now I'm not giving them a free pass...they are professionals...we expect better...but they will make mistakes...especially 3rd year guys (really year 1.5 QB's). I'm not saying JP is the answer, but let's give him a full season to show promise and prove his value to the Bills or fall flat on his face...don't we have anything else on this message board to talk about? I used to love coming on here to read...but, honestly, I have been flat out bored lately...everything is the same...JP sucks, JP is good, JP sucks, JP is good...aren't there a bunch of other guys we could be pointing the finger at? or at least some 1-6 assclowns in Florida we can make fun of?

SquishDaFish
10-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Its worthless to express these facts to these haters and impatient people.

The_Philster
10-24-2006, 05:46 PM
Some people aren't bright enough to see past the QB...QB gets all the credit...or all the blame

X-Era
10-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Why is all the anger and frustration always directed at JP? Last time I checked, the Bills were playing terrible football as a team...special teams has not been all that special, the o-line has been terrible during most protections, and the defense is getting consistently burned on the pass and run all over...the coaching staff has made some questionable decisions now and again (that easily become even more questionable on Monday).

Plain and simple, they stink right now. Most of us were excited for a new season to begin...but we were also quite realistic with our expectations. Then the Bills came out and played football...our expectations changed a little bit...they gave NE a run for their money early, they spanked the little fishies, the dominated the Jets with the exception of some mental errors, and the beat a (now appearing to be) solid Vikings squad in an ugly win. Don't get me wrong...I am wholeheartedly disappointed over the past three weeks...my wife and I drove to the game (7 hours up and 7 back) this Sunday just to listen to Pats fans make fun of us...it wasn't a great feeling. That typical feeling of loserdom sets in easily when you're a Bills fan...but remember, JP has made mistakes, sure...but so has Willis, so has Lee, so has McGee, so has Tripplett, so has Clements, God knows so has Gandy, so has Jauron, so has everyone on this team. They aren't machines, they are people...now I'm not giving them a free pass...they are professionals...we expect better...but they will make mistakes...especially 3rd year guys (really year 1.5 QB's). I'm not saying JP is the answer, but let's give him a full season to show promise and prove his value to the Bills or fall flat on his face...don't we have anything else on this message board to talk about? I used to love coming on here to read...but, honestly, I have been flat out bored lately...everything is the same...JP sucks, JP is good, JP sucks, JP is good...aren't there a bunch of other guys we could be pointing the finger at? or at least some 1-6 assclowns in Florida we can make fun of?

As I said before, its one of two things:

1) These are fans who are no fans at all but simply want to get out there frustrations about their lives on the Bills, and really on us, last time I checked the Bills arent reading this

OR

2) These are fans who have made strong anti player statements and dont have the nards to admitt they were wrong (fragile ego's). They NOW have to spend the rest of the time trying to pull an "I told ya so".

Either way, its pathetic, just plain pathetic that we cant find a way to enjoy football in our beloved neck of the woods from our beloved team, and yes its players.

The lack of support is VERY Un-Buffalo-fan-ish in my opinion.

DMBcrew36
10-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Some people aren't bright enough to see past the QB...QB gets all the credit...or all the blame

Exactly. It's part of being a QB - you take a lot of blame when things are going wrong.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Exactly. It's part of being a QB - you take a lot of blame when things are going wrong.

Especially since if he would of played better the team could be 6-1/5-2.

X-Era
10-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Especially since if he would of played better the team could be 6-1/5-2.

RIGGGGHHHHHT, JP should have played like Peyton Manning.

Good call, dream on.

YardRat
10-24-2006, 07:43 PM
The JP stuff gets blown out of proportion because there are those who refuse to hold him accountable for his errors and would rather place the blame on someone else's shoulders such as the o-line's, the coaches, etc, AND there are those that place the blame entirely on Losman, unfairly, because of the position he plays and what the expectations are for that position.

Both camps have a select few that insist on constantly questioning the general intelligence or specific football acumen of those that disagree with their opinions which, in all honesty, is the most serious transgression of all.

That, IMO, is pretty much the gist of why most of the discussion around here leads to pissing matches instead of intelligent conversation.

X-Era
10-24-2006, 07:56 PM
The JP stuff gets blown out of proportion because there are those who refuse to hold him accountable for his errors and would rather place the blame on someone else's shoulders such as the o-line's, the coaches, etc, AND there are those that place the blame entirely on Losman, unfairly, because of the position he plays and what the expectations are for that position.

Both camps have a select few that insist on constantly questioning the general intelligence or specific football acumen of those that disagree with their opinions which, in all honesty, is the most serious transgression of all.

That, IMO, is pretty much the gist of why most of the discussion around here leads to pissing matches instead of intelligent conversation.

Sorry, but there is nothing intelligent about assuming that a young QB should play like a seasoned veteran. Moreover, a top 5 seasoned veteran if you consider the overall bad play by so many areas of this team. THAT assumption is just plain illogical and foolish.

We may be frustrated because our team isnt winning but its just as foolish to say its NOT JP's fault in part as it is to say its all his fault.

The extremes that some posters go to are whats silly. He isnt the worst QB in the league, and he isnt the best either. Hes somewhere in between. The even more ridiculous part is to think for a moment that the years of history that show that QB's take ALOT of time to develop is somehow not applicable here. Its just plain false.

In the end we have no reason to bicker, its silly. We all want the same thing, we want a SB ring. And NO ONE knows at this point if JP can be that guy or not, thats a fact.

SquishDaFish
10-24-2006, 07:56 PM
I think the real fans notice its not just JP its the whole damn team.

TacklingDummy
10-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Passing Last Year
Att: 212
Comp: 104
Comp % 49
Yds: 1203
TD: 6
Int: 8
Sacks: 25 for 191 yds

Rushing
Att: 27
Yds: 151
Avg: 5.6
TD: 0

Fumbles: 7
Recovered: 3

Record: 1-7 (these do NOT contain the KC game since he didn't start)

Stats so far this year:

Passing
Att: 197
Comp: 122
Comp % 61.9
Yds: 1314
TD: 6
Int: 6
Sacks: 21or 173s

Rushing
Att: 19
Yds: 78
Avg: 4.1
TD: 1

Fumbles: 8
Recovered: 3

Record: 2-5

The stats. show a slight improvement from last year.

JWatts
10-24-2006, 08:49 PM
thanks for taking my post from another board and not giving me credit. J/K glad you could use it.

Inetpub
10-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Your right. Why should JP get alot of the blame and others not?

Because the QB position is the position that also will get the most PRAISE. If and when we win, the QB gets praise. No matter how badly they played. Example, We won the game where he threw for 80 yards! Do you remember how many yards Willis had running that game? how about how many yards Evans had recieving? how many tackles did Whitner have?

Without looking at google or NFL.com, unless your a DIE DIE DIE HARD STATS FAN, you wont know that. But you know JP threw for 80 yards and won and 320 yards and lost the following week.

Another example, Big Ben. Im not sold oon Ben as a great QB yet but he lead his team to the SB win. With a 31% QB rating.

DarbyTheDinosaur
10-25-2006, 05:54 AM
thanks for taking my post from another board and not giving me credit. J/K glad you could use it.

If your post was similar...great minds think alike. I assure you this is the only message board I read and I have never read any of your posts on this board until now...

mybills
10-25-2006, 06:02 AM
I don't know why.
He's still playing better than Bledsoe. :snicker:

don137
10-25-2006, 07:03 AM
I don't think anyone is blaming Losman solely for this teams funk but I think many, myself included, are very disappointed that he is making the same mistakes in week 7 that he did in the beginning of the season (locking into one receiver, fumbles way too much and does not have good pocket awareness). This are correctable mistakes but he is not learning from them.
IMO almost everyone on this team has taken a step back this year in terms of producing. Everyone is at fault especially the coaches because if everyone has taken a step back then that must come from preparation and that starts at the top.