PDA

View Full Version : So hypothetically...

Devin
10-24-2006, 06:03 PM
This thread isnt to argue about Losman, the OL or any other player. So don't. In the given scenario below what would you do.

So we shift around the OL now and they play better. Maybe not like all-pro better but significantly better protection. Losman plays much better and Willis runs much better the second half of the season. Pennington shows promise at RT and Gandy plays well at OG.

In the Offseason assume we are able to sign a legit pass-catching TE, and a replacement for Nate.

In the above situation who do you draft in Round 1. The assumption being the Bills select somewhere in the 10-15 range.

In the above situation our DL still needs attention if Adams/Moses are there which ever is is my pick. However if they are both gone, Paul Posluzny is my pick at LB.

The_Philster
10-24-2006, 06:05 PM
D-line or LB

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Adams and Moses are good picks Devin, I wouldnt complain about either. However, with the 10th pick in the 2007 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select ALAN BRANCH, DT from Michigan!

Branch is a big fat black dude, that kicks ass on the line. Exactly what the Bills need. And he is a leader too.

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Btw, I would be absolutely pissed if we picked up Poslunzy.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2006, 06:10 PM
D-line or LB

Yeah, you don't have a choice. These players produce faster than OLs and we certainly need LB's, DT's and DE's to play.

Philagape
10-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Branch is a big fat black dude, that kicks ass on the line. Exactly what the Bills need. And he is a leader too.

OK as long as he is black it's cool

Devin
10-24-2006, 06:12 PM
:rofl:

DraftBoy
10-24-2006, 06:16 PM
DE Moses-I think Adams will be gone
QB-Smith-Likely to still be around
QB-Brohm-Needs big second half to be a top 10 pick
OT-Baker-If he leaves early
DT-Branch-Big mean
RB-Lynch-McGahee is going to be tough to resign and he lacks big play ability
WR-Ginn-Big play WR or slash type, can be exciting from anywhere on the field

kernowboy
10-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Adams and Moses are good picks Devin, I wouldnt complain about either. However, with the 10th pick in the 2007 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select ALAN BRANCH, DT from Michigan!

and may not come out

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
OK as long as he is black it's cool:check:

DraftBoy
10-24-2006, 06:21 PM
and may not come out

Agreed, though I think one of the big 3 jr DT's wil leave, makes too much sense not to leave. Youd be a top 15 pick for sure.

DMBcrew36
10-24-2006, 06:59 PM
not with the 1st rounder .. but WR Calvin Johnson :)

Devin
10-24-2006, 07:02 PM
not with the 1st rounder .. but WR Calvin Johnson :)

Are you working under the assumption Calvin Johnson would be available at the 10th pick or later?

Mr. Johnson will be gone before #5.

DMBcrew36
10-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Are you working under the assumption Calvin Johnson would be available at the 10th pick or later?

Mr. Johnson will be gone before #5.

:oops: didn't know he was gonna go that soon. Well, still, we need a big bodied receiver. We should take him if we can.

X-Era
10-24-2006, 07:11 PM
This thread isnt to argue about Losman, the OL or any other player. So don't. In the given scenario below what would you do.

So we shift around the OL now and they play better. Maybe not like all-pro better but significantly better protection. Losman plays much better and Willis runs much better the second half of the season. Pennington shows promise at RT and Gandy plays well at OG.

In the Offseason assume we are able to sign a legit pass-catching TE, and a replacement for Nate.

In the above situation who do you draft in Round 1. The assumption being the Bills select somewhere in the 10-15 range.

In the above situation our DL still needs attention if Adams/Moses are there which ever is is my pick. However if they are both gone, Paul Posluzny is my pick at LB.

ILB is a bigger need, but this team needs some playmakers still. Dwayne Jarrett is a great talent. Besides, I like the looks of Buster Davis ALOT. I think he can be the next Dexter Jackson/London Fletcher type. His size will hurt him on draft day, he may be a great 3rd rounder or later who might even creep into the 2nd.

Again if Clements is gone, we may be thinking shutdown corner. UGGGHHHH, Im sick of 1st rounders on DB's.

Devin
10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
ILB is a bigger need, but this team needs some playmakers still. Dwayne Jarrett is a great talent. Besides, I like the looks of Buster Davis ALOT. I think he can be the next Dexter Jackson/London Fletcher type. His size will hurt him on draft day, he may be a great 3rd rounder or later who might even creep into the 2nd.

Again if Clements is gone, we may be thinking shutdown corner. UGGGHHHH, Im sick of 1st rounders on DB's.

The assumption in this thread was that we signed Clements replacment in FA.

a future ILB would be great in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Truthfully I think we will extend fletch so I dont know if we focus on that this year but either way.

SquishDaFish
10-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Def DL or LB

X-Era
10-24-2006, 07:18 PM
The assumption in this thread was that we signed Clements replacment in FA.

a future ILB would be great in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Truthfully I think we will extend fletch so I dont know if we focus on that this year but either way.

Sorry, my bad.

I guess I say its a matter of who can make the biggest impact for your team.

The next Peppers? Gaines Adams?

The next Roy Williams? Dwayne Jarrett?

The next Keith Brooking? Paul Psoluzny?

SquishDaFish
10-24-2006, 07:18 PM
If our pick is in the top 8 and one of the top 2 OL are there I still go with that LT prospect and maybe move Peters to LG.

goodkarma
10-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Def DL or LB

Agreed, although assuming this O-line gets a lot better this year is no safe bet.

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 07:41 PM
I wouldnt mind taking Dwayne Jarrett, hell maybe even Adrian Peterson or something to compliment Willis. We could do alot of things with 2 great backs.

TigerJ
10-24-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm operating under the assumption that when it comes to DTs the Bills are married to the notion that athletic is more important than big. In fact, unless a big guy is an athletic freak and can run a sub 5 second 40, or a phenomenal 10 yard sprint which is a better indicator for tackles, the Bills will look elsewhere. Alan Branch is a big dude, 6'6" and 330 lbs. The question I have for all draft experts out there: can he even play a one gap system lilke the Bills run? The Bills will not draft a two gap DT. I don't care if he's the next Ted Washington. They are married to the Tampa 2 and will only draft one gap DTs. If I were the GM of a team running a 3-4 defense, I might be drooling to get a hold of Branch and turn him into a DE in the Richard Seymour mold, But I have to be convinced Branch can adapt to the one gap scheme.

On the surface, I think Frank Okam looks like more of a fit, or Quinn Pitcock a little later.

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 08:02 PM
The way the Tampa 2 works, is there is a 1 technique and a 3 technique guy. The 1 technique guy we have now is Anderson, and he is too small. So teams are starting to double Tripplett. Branch would command double teams all the time, and he is fast. Im not sure about his 40 yard dash, but he can penetrate for sure.

X-Era
10-24-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm operating under the assumption that when it comes to DTs the Bills are married to the notion that athletic is more important than big. In fact, unless a big guy is an athletic freak and can run a sub 5 second 40, or a phenomenal 10 yard sprint which is a better indicator for tackles, the Bills will look elsewhere. Alan Branch is a big dude, 6'6" and 330 lbs. The question I have for all draft experts out there: can he even play a one gap system lilke the Bills run? The Bills will not draft a two gap DT. I don't care if he's the next Ted Washington. They are married to the Tampa 2 and will only draft one gap DTs. If I were the GM of a team running a 3-4 defense, I might be drooling to get a hold of Brand and turn him into a DE in the Richard Seymour mold, But I have to be convinced Branch can adapt to the one gap scheme.

Theres another guy who may be available in FA that isnt getting any talk.

Lets not forget that Corey Simon has been placed on IR. Im pretty sure the Colts must release him after he comes off IR.

He plays in our scheme, played next to Tripplett, and is well known as being a very very good DT.

Hes a dream player for someone who sees a weak DT draft class.

He has injury questions, but he could be a steal.

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 08:03 PM
There are teams that have taken a DT like this, that play the Tampa 2. Like Indianapolis was using Corey Simon as the 1 technique guy.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2006, 06:37 AM
If he comes out early, OT Jake Long from Michigan.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Well if Pennington and Peters works, we wont need another lineman. I think Villarial stinks, but I also think Merz is going to take his job and do it well.

DT, DE, MLB, WR, RB. I hope we resign Nate, I hate drafting DB's, were just drafting people and developing them, then they leave.

jmb1099
10-25-2006, 12:26 PM
OK as long as he is black it's cool
Damn :bandwagon

Yasgur's Farm
10-25-2006, 06:26 PM
I address in free agency (big time... big bucks)...

-O-line - Interior needs 1 blue chipper and RT need to be solidified.
-D-line - Light acroos the board is not a good formula... we need 1 F-250 at DE and 1 F-350 for DT.
-CB - Nate's gone... And at the rate he's playing, no loss. Simpson and Whitner will grow to be a stud combo. McGee is a fine #2. We need a dominating #1.

I draft in order of priority...

-WR - we need to compliment Lee Evans... Reed, Parrish, Price and Davis can fill in the ranks
-LB - London Fletcher and TKO are officially on the decline.
-RB - WM will want to roam... And I don't think he's worth chasing with a boatload of $'s

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 07:31 PM
As long as JP doesnt still suck at the end of the year. I think the Bills should go DL with the first pick regardless if the OLINE gels or not.

I'd rather address the OL with quality FREE agents that we already KNOW can play and protect our QB.. I want a young DE coming out of school with crazy ability, like a Moses..