X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Flex scheduling starting Nov 12

The Chicago Bears-New York Giants game on Sunday, Nov. 12, will be played at 8:15 p.m. ET on NBC and the New Orleans Saints-Pittsburgh Steelers game will move to 4:15 p.m. ET on FOX as part of the first week of flexible scheduling, the NFL announced today. ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Flex scheduling starting Nov 12

cool, those look like 2 good games... can't blame them for not wanting to put the Bills in the spotlight.

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

I hope they never do. Too many Bills fans pay a lot of money to see Bills and having their plans ruined is wrong. If they ever did that to a games I was attending I'd egg or otherwise express my frustration to broadcasting truck.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
        I hope they never do. Too many Bills fans pay a lot of money to see Bills and having their plans ruined is wrong. If they ever did that to a games I was attending I'd egg or otherwise express my frustration to broadcasting truck.
        If they never do, that would mean we'll always suck. I don't think it'll happen this year...but I wouldn't be surprised to get a night game like that next season.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
          If they never do, that would mean we'll always suck. I don't think it'll happen this year...but I wouldn't be surprised to get a night game like that next season.
          Flex scheduling means people who drive long distances or fly into town for games have to leave on Monday and take off another day of work and pay for another day in hotel. Maybe if fans start including signs at games NBC will decide they would rather spotlight a different team or wait to Bills play away like ABC did.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

I know what it means...a lot of people are gonna have to start planning ahead...taking Mondays off after home games. The ABC thing is a different story...Monday night....which would mean people would have to take 2 days off, not one. Ralph was deadset against a home MNF game but he relented for SNF games...and we hosted a few a few years back. Don't be surprised to see it happen again.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Flex Scheduling is stupid, IMO. G Host is right, people pay a lot of money to travel, make plans, hotel reservations, etc, and then they change the game time? That would piss me off royally. Personally, I watch Sunday Night Football no matter who the match up is, and I'm sure most football fans do too.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

I know what it means...a lot of people are gonna have to start planning ahead...taking Mondays off after home games. The ABC thing is a different story...Monday night....which would mean people would have to take 2 days off, not one. Ralph was deadset against a home MNF game but he relented for SNF games...and we hosted a few a few years back. Don't be surprised to see it happen again.
                The only games I can remember recently at night at home are games where the next day the fans had day off - Saturday and Sunday nights when there was a holiday on Monday. No Thursday night games either. Oh and there is a BIG difference in getting weeks notice and 12 days notice - some have committed all of their vacation plus getting new hotel nights and changing air flights.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                  Closet Bills Fan
                  • Nov 2004

well i understand why they do it, they want decent games or at least games between "decent" teams....

and not the toilet bowl aka jets vs saints from last year when both teams had 2 wins in week i wanna say 13?

j-e-t-s
                  jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                    Flex Scheduling is stupid, IMO. G Host is right, people pay a lot of money to travel, make plans, hotel reservations, etc, and then they change the game time? That would piss me off royally. Personally, I watch Sunday Night Football no matter who the match up is, and I'm sure most football fans do too.
                    49ers-Lions?
                    They've had some putrid matchups on MNF in the past. Now that they switched the "premiere game" to SNF, it makes it more workable...but no way is everyone gonna be satisfied.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                      Closet Bills Fan
                      • Nov 2004

IMO, i'd much rather have a sunday night game, because at least you can use monday as a travel home day like most people do....... or just leave directly after the game........ but phil, i concur about the no one being happy part.

pretty much they just dont want any goose-egg games in the SNF spot........ and i really dont want another jets/saints matchup like last year..... yes im a jets fan, but when you have two horrible teams playing as the only game with no alternatives...... i was finding myself trying to do other things....

at least a colts/pats..... giants/bears.......... hell even a divisional game of 2 bad teams is better than a non-divisional game of 2 mediocre/horrible teams

j-e-t-s
                      jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

49ers-Lions?
                        They've had some putrid matchups on MNF in the past. Now that they switched the "premiere game" to SNF, it makes it more workable...but no way is everyone gonna be satisfied.
                        I'd watch it. I'm a football fan. I love watching NFL football. Anything can happen, which is why I watch.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Anyone else think it would be hilarious if the games that they moved to Sunday Night turned out to be boring, goose eggs?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Night games dont concern the Bills. =)

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

I can see the point of people travelling to the stadium but they are just collateral damages. This type of scheduling will bring in tens of millions of viewers over the course of the season and it's a no brainer.

Comment

Working...
                              X