The one thing that sucks about all of this...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billscusey
    • Nov 2004

The one thing that sucks about all of this...!

....is the price of tickets on eBay! I mean whole crap! Last year, I went to see the Sabres play the Rangers in October. We had 100 level tickets and they cost about $25. Now, for this Saturday's game, ticket pairs are skyrocketing over $150 for 300's (and it's a bronze game!). Hell, my playoff tickets versus the Flyers last season only cost 50 bucks!!! All these bandwagon fans that are jumpin' on are kinda killin' it for the rest of us! We took great pride in the fact that, even though the loser Leafs charged a fortune for crap hockey, you could still see a good Sabres game for great value! I know success facilitates an increase in prices, but seriously, bandwagon riders GET OFF!
  • GThirst
    • Jul 2006

Re: The one thing that sucks about all of this...!

Umm, the price hasn't gone up. Its just eBayers, basically scalpers. The prices at the arena are still cheap.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

not only is this the new NHL,it's a new game with the tickets as well.do you REALLY think that a team winning it's first 9 games is going to be an easy ticket?not this year.you're going to have to pay the piper.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Billscusey
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by GThirst
        Umm, the price hasn't gone up. Its just eBayers, basically scalpers. The prices at the arena are still cheap.
        Yes, but eBay sellers don't select their prices, prices are based on demand. Now that the team is great, suddenly demand has spiked? Why? Where have all these Sabre fans miraculously appeared from?! Oh, wait......I know

Comment

• SABuffalo786
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Billscusey
          Now that the team is great, suddenly demand has spiked? Why? Where have all these Sabre fans miraculously appeared from?! Oh, wait......I know

That's how most places are.

You have your smaller core of die-hard lunatics who will follow the team into the gates of hell, and then you have your sunshine soldiers who join the party when we're humiliating the rest of the league on a nightly basis.

It's infuriating, yes, but what are you going to do?
          "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
          We are the Rockpile
          We are the Rockpile
          BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jan 2004

We have the cheapest ticket prices in the whole NHL!

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I'm catching the Sabres vs Bruins Nov 2

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                • Sep 2003

While I can't speak for ticket prices to HSBC (Seeing how I live in Central CA), the price for other memorabilia has gone up. When the team was mired in mediocrity (What....when was that? ), you could get game used cards, auto'd 8 x 10's, and other stuff dirt cheap. Now that the team is a winner, people are all over the jock of the team, and you have to fight to get certain items on EScalp.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

new york state law prohibits sales of tickets a certain percentage over face value...off the top of my head I think it's 35 percent or something like that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

don't ***** too much- those are pretty much standard prices for the Washington Capitals.

And the Caps suck.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Billscusey
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      don't ***** too much- those are pretty much standard prices for the Washington Capitals.

And the Caps suck.
                      Yeah, I guess, but we are Buffalo fans.......we gotta ***** about somethin' (and *****in' about the Bills is just getting old!)

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Billscusey
                        Yes, but eBay sellers don't select their prices, prices are based on demand. Now that the team is great, suddenly demand has spiked? Why? Where have all these Sabre fans miraculously appeared from?! Oh, wait......I know

LMAO

Up until last year there was little reason to pay top dollar for a Sabres ticket. Who in their right mind would continually spend money to see a team lose every 2 out of 3 games, and barely muster up 2 goals of offense a game. Not ot mention that the game of Hockey, pre lockout, help dictate the lack of interest in the Sabres at any price.

I would have to consider people who are upset about this change in Sabres fortune as Hockey Snobs. I know I wouldn't have bought many tickets to see the Sabres from 2000 - 2004. I really wouldn't want to spend $30 - $100 a game just to leave depressed and feel ripped off. I have much better thngs to do with my money, so if the local team is playing like crap, and doing little to fix the problem I'm not giving them my cash. This was the case of the Sabres pre-lockout. They never signed any big name players, and did little to be a competing team.

Fast forward to post lockout hockey !!! and rethink your snobby feeling. We're in the "new NHL" era. Maybe fans see more then just the Sabres winning, maybe fans are finally seeing hockey in the form it should have been. The Sabres are winning, but they are winning with excitng offense, and solid D. They are playing a game of hockey that finally is attracting fans that have lost interest in the game.

In the 1970's and early 1980's hockey was fun and excitng to watch. From the late 1980's though the 1990's and up until the lockout, Hockey was a sport that I, a lifelong hockey fan, found to be terribly unexcitng and boring in comparison to the the years I grew up as a kid watching. In other words the neutral zone trap and turned hockey into a sport that was less popular then figure skating in America. Now hockey is poised to gain those fans back IMO.

To sum it up, the Sabres winning ways has increased interest, but all the changes to the game have just as much to do with the new excitement of Sabres hockey. I believe many fans are coming back because they really do like the "New NHL" style. It isn't all about bandwagoners.

Plus for the Sabres to remain successful and keep up with the Salary Cap demands money has to flow. The Sabres need this type of excitement to help ensure the sabres are a strong team for years to come. Everyone should be excited about the new interest, and demand for tickets because a few years back we almost lost our team.

Comment

Working...
                        X