What I just realized.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

What I just realized.

McCargo is injured for the season. I found out in a news article that he was placed on IR a week a two ago for a broken foot. Then I remembered vaguely hearing about it when it actually happened.

My point is: shouldn't a Bills fan care or know that the player who the Bills traded up for in the 1st round to take is on IR? The obvious answer is yes, but in this case it isn't. Even when he was in, he was doing jack. Doing jack so often, many fans probably didn't even realize he was on IR.

I understand that 5 games isn't enough to judge someone's career, but we gave up a 2nd and 3rd rounder for the guy. I know most of you smart ones are thinking EXACTLY what we should of done with those picks. Now we are playing musical chairs with our OLine. (literally. Fat ass Reyes couldn't find a chair fast enough apparently..) And we'll be starting two different 7th round picks in consecutive games. This is NOT a sign of progress.

Hindsight is 20-20, my ass. We all knew what we should of done w/ those picks.

Anyone agree w/ me on this or what?
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: What I just realized.

Dont you pay attention to the Bills during the season?? LOL

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Im surprised you didnt know about McCargo. Anyways, I'm still skeptical. He sure didnt do much when he was in there. I think teams were double teaming him and Tripplett when they rotated in and out, since our 1 technique DT's absolutely SUCK.

Comment

• Elminster
        #1 Kelsay Fan
        • Oct 2006

He seemed like he was starting to make some plays. I remember him dumping Chester Taylor in the backfield against the Vikes. In any case, DTs generally take a few years to click. Look at Ryan Pickett....he wasn't any good until last year...
        Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsIN05
          Dont you pay attention to the Bills during the season?? LOL
          I mean, I do remember when it happened, but because of it's lack of significance it slipped my mind until now. And to the post above, a few years of development for a undersized DT is great and all, but we need top OLinemen NOW. I'm not really critizing McCargo, but rather the TRADE UP and PICKING of McCargo instead of going OLine.
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
            McCargo is injured for the season. I found out in a news article that he was placed on IR a week a two ago for a broken foot. Then I remembered vaguely hearing about it when it actually happened.

My point is: shouldn't a Bills fan care or know that the player who the Bills traded up for in the 1st round to take is on IR? The obvious answer is yes, but in this case it isn't. Even when he was in, he was doing jack. Doing jack so often, many fans probably didn't even realize he was on IR.

I understand that 5 games isn't enough to judge someone's career, but we gave up a 2nd and 3rd rounder for the guy. I know most of you smart ones are thinking EXACTLY what we should of done with those picks. Now we are playing musical chairs with our OLine. (literally. Fat ass Reyes couldn't find a chair fast enough apparently..) And we'll be starting two different 7th round picks in consecutive games. This is NOT a sign of progress.

Hindsight is 20-20, my ass. We all knew what we should of done w/ those picks.

Anyone agree w/ me on this or what?
            The worst part about this: there was an ENTIRE game played after he was placed on IR and you didn't even notice he was missing. That about sums up the impact he was having before he got hurt.

It's early, but so far McCargo may turn out to be the only bad spot in an otherwise quality draft (assuming Youboty gets his ass on the field).
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bert102176
              • Aug 2002

kinda wierd the Bills D was doing good and getting pressure till McCargo got hurt not saying they didn't get pressure this last week but when McCargo was there hell they had 7 sacks on Culpepper alone, it's kinda wierd
              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• bflojohn
                • Aug 2005

In the Chicago game, when things were bleak early on, John McCargo played off his blocker and pursued Thomas Jones 20 yards down the field to make a tackle! It is one thing to question management about their draft and its impact, however, if one wants to point fingers at a raw rookie, at least have the knowledge that he was showing improvement and a will to play well. I, for one, liked what I saw from McCargo! By now, he was likely to be reducing Larry Trippletts' playing time, IMO! If you want to question anyone, he is your guy to question (Tripplett)!!!

Comment

I think McCargo hadn't made much of impact but was beginning to. Tripplett has really been awful but McCargo was beginning to adapt to the faster NFL game. I think in a couple of years time he will be considered a solid but not spectacular choice. However after Ngata/Buckley there was some considerable fall off. However the quality that has currently declared for this years draft isn't much greater, maybe Pitcock but he's not much bigger. I think McCargo would prosper with a monster NT who due to size demands double teaming.

An alternative would have been Nick Mangold. Justice I think just doesn't cut it. Curiously Gabe Watson is making his way into the line up - he had an attitude problem rather than a lack of tools. In 3 games he's had 4 tackles, an assist and a sack. With his size he is someone that always needs to be accounted for.

Don't knock starting 7th round players. Some average college players become great NFL players

Comment

Working...
                  X