PDA

View Full Version : Any other changes besides O-Line?

ghz in pittsburgh
10-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Looking back, Marv said before the season started that he feels O-Line is the biggest question mark in his mind. Now look at what happens during the bye? Probably the biggest change is made on that unit.

Jauron said that there will be other changes. I wonder what will it be.

Will they bench Spikes - what is Bills record when he's in the lineup this year?

Is McGee's benching going more than one game?

And what about safeties? Don't tell only McGee stinks. There is a big problem in coverage transition among McGee, Simpson, and Fletcher. 3 games in a row teams have exploited that area and getting big play after big play there. Simpson is not cutting it. I know Bowen is a SS but can he do any worse that Simpson?

I know they already made it public that they won't touch JP, probably for the season. I do think though, that they should plan more 3 step passing plays for him: 1) we have new O-Line out there with rookies, and 2) JP seems to be doing pretty good with 3 steps drop - see that 4th qtr TD drive in Detroit, and 3) and it forces JP to make quicker decisions.

SquishDaFish
10-24-2006, 08:11 PM
How about scratch Shelton dress Youboty and have 2 back sets with Atrain and Willis??

X-Era
10-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Looking back, Marv said before the season started that he feels O-Line is the biggest question mark in his mind. Now look at what happens during the bye? Probably the biggest change is made on that unit.

Jauron said that there will be other changes. I wonder what will it be.

Will they bench Spikes - what is Bills record when he's in the lineup this year?

Is McGee's benching going more than one game?

And what about safeties? Don't tell only McGee stinks. There is a big problem in coverage transition among McGee, Simpson, and Fletcher. 3 games in a row teams have exploited that area and getting big play after big play there. Simpson is not cutting it. I know Bowen is a SS but can he do any worse that Simpson?

I know they already made it public that they won't touch JP, probably for the season. I do think though, that they should plan more 3 step passing plays for him: 1) we have new O-Line out there with rookies, and 2) JP seems to be doing pretty good with 3 steps drop - see that 4th qtr TD drive in Detroit, and 3) and it forces JP to make quicker decisions.

I dont doubt that your right, but where did you hear him say there are more changes?

JWatts
10-24-2006, 08:52 PM
McGee's getting torched every game. The way he's playing right now he couldn't cover my 93 year old grandmother.

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2006, 08:56 PM
McGee's getting torched every game. The way he's playing right now he couldn't cover my 93 year old grandmother.
I disagree with you about McGee, but I like your signature. Did you make that?

JWatts
10-24-2006, 09:04 PM
I disagree with you about McGee, but I like your signature. Did you make that?

As for McGee I've noticed it more the last 2 or 3 weeks than anything. He got owned by Roy Williams. The blinky I found somewhere, I wish I was talented enough to make it.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 12:14 AM
As for McGee I've noticed it more the last 2 or 3 weeks than anything. He got owned by Roy Williams. The blinky I found somewhere, I wish I was talented enough to make it.
I wish you could make one, that way you could make me one. =)
McGee hasnt been playing as well as he could, however he still makes some big McGee plays. He did well against Roy, we didnt even double the guy and McGee held his own. The problem was, we needed FS or the SS to come help him.

bflojohn
10-25-2006, 01:15 AM
If the Bills are searching for answers, then they should REALLY find out what they have! I'd start with Aaron Merz starting over Chris Villarrial. Keep playing Keith Ellison, heck, they have been losing for three or four years with the other players. (Spikes and Fletcher, as an example...) Try and get Ashton Youboty up and running at CB, the future is now, and judging his development in practice isn't enough, IMO!! If NOTHING else, Merz and Pennington, and Butler can prove to the coaches that they belong in the plans going forward. Placing trust in these kids might create a new atmosphere at OBD and spark a revival that fosters a winning attitude with this franchise. Let Spikes and Fletcher and Villarrial move on... does anyone really have the slightest glimmer that these guys "get it" when the going gets tough? I SURE DON'T!!!

kernowboy
10-25-2006, 04:38 AM
I think Fletcher-Baker will be moving on, plus I don't like players who mouth of fabout others when they should be considering their own standard of performance. I would bench him, see what Crowell is like in the middle and play Ellison. I was disappointed they benched him for so-called superior vets. My attitude is, if you come in and play well, the place is yours to loose.

I am inclined to stick with the safeties. We could also move Whitner to FS and start Bowen/Wire but my gut feeling is we should stick with the rookies. We need them to hold down the position for the next 5 years so we just to have put up with the learning curve.

At CB, I'd continue to play McGee in the hope he plays out of the slump. He isn't going to do so on the bench. I would however pull Clements. For someone looking for a massive contract in Free Agency his play has been dismal - you'd expect he would want to look a star but he hasn't. I want to dress Youboty as I think the Bills don't think Clements will be back as he will demand too much of the cap pot to be back.

On the offence, I can see why Villarial stayed. I do not want two right sided players with one game between them there, plus there is a possible mentoring aspect and player loyalty from Jauron. I think Merz could be our RG of the future. He's your classic 'who?' draftee who comes out of nowhere. I would like to see him getting some snaps. I would also like to see Butler getting some game snaps although they have initially chosen to go with Pennington. At centre I think Preston should be given the chance to play his college position just to see if he can be the centre of the future.

And finally I would like to see Sam Aitken at No2. If only to see if getting a big no2 rather than a sub-6ft can make a difference. He is our biggest WR

Jan Reimers
10-25-2006, 04:58 AM
Simpson is not cutting it? He makes rookie mistakes, but he has a nose for the ball and is one of our few playmakers. He and Whitner need to play.

I would like to see Youboty on the field. Clements has struggled - his tackling has been horrible - almost as much as McGee. If Youboty is one of our hopes at corner next season, I'd give him a little PT.

ddaryl
10-25-2006, 05:09 AM
IMO, it's time to get as many of our young guys as much work as possible. We are rebuilding and it's not going to happen overnight, but might as well use this season to gain our guys some much needed experience.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-25-2006, 05:20 AM
I personally think Clements did fine, not great but fine in this scheme. I'd like to see him being a little more aggresive.

Sometimes we forget that we are in a new defensive scheme this year. It is new to vets, like Clements who has never played in cover 2 before. I actually think he's coming on strong lately.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2006, 07:41 AM
I personally think Clements did fine, not great but fine in this scheme. I'd like to see him being a little more aggresive.

Sometimes we forget that we are in a new defensive scheme this year. It is new to vets, like Clements who has never played in cover 2 before. I actually think he's coming on strong lately.
I just don't understand the plaudits for Clements, who has played more like an average corner than a $7M superstar, and the criticism of the rookie Simpson - a great talent as a 4th round pick.

jamze132
10-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Only other change I would make is to get Youboty on the field in passing downs.

I might even consider, getting Ellison on the field more.

Saratoga Slim
10-25-2006, 01:42 PM
I think everyone needs to calm down on TKO and Fletcher. Fletcher plays his short little ass off, and Takeo deserves some time to get over his MAJOR injury before we cast him to the dogs. If Fletcher is too $$ to resign, then so be it. If Takeo doesn't improve as the season goes on AND makes it clear that he doesn't want to be here, then cut him loose. Otherwise, these guys should stay Bills.

The simple fact that we haven't been winning with these guys on the roster does not make them the cause of our struggles. They've been stars on a bad team. Ellison did pretty well for a rookie 6th round draft choice, but TKO gets to start b/c he's earned it over time AND is the emotional leader of the defense (if not the whole team).

Changes can be good, but its a whole lot better to not change any more than you have to. If some areas of the roster ain't broke, leave them alone.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 01:54 PM
As I said Losman might see the bench by the end of the season.

jamze132
10-25-2006, 03:42 PM
As I said Losman might see the bench by the end of the season.
Only if he gets hurt.

SquishDaFish
10-25-2006, 03:51 PM
GFlu to bad you cant see the small line to FinHell and follow the few in line there. Because noone and I mean NOONE wants you here. Bye Bye

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
GFlu to bad you cant see the small line to FinHell and follow the few in line there. Because noone and I mean NOONE wants you here. Bye Bye

Guess again.

I am one of the most read posters.

Because I'm one of the half dozen or so with original opinion.

They cant even recall the last time you said anything worth remembering.
<!-- / message -->

SquishDaFish
10-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Keep telling yourself that others might believe you or you might just believe it yourself. LMAO