PDA

View Full Version : The Bills should've sent JP to the NFL Europe first!!!

blackonyx89
10-25-2006, 07:23 AM
That's what they should've done in the first place. This kid should have gone to to the NFL Europe to develop and play and keep Holcomb or Bledsoe for another year or two. It really didn't matter because the O-line sucks anyway and they are getting the QB killed. Once JP did his stint,he would've been better prepared to take the reigns of the team and move this franchise forward. Well?

BlackMetalNinja
10-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Yeah... because all NFL teams send their top draft picks to NFL Europe to get some work in...

blackonyx89
10-25-2006, 07:28 AM
Yeah... because all NFL teams send their top draft picks to NFL Europe to get some work in...

Well he ain't cutting it here in the NFL.

Night Train
10-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Do you have to be black to participate in this thread ?

Jan Reimers
10-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Well he ain't cutting it here in the NFL.
Do you watch our games, as well as other NFL games? If you did, you would see that right now - after 15 total career starts - JP is about in the middle of the league's QBs. Look at his passer rating, yardage, or any other indicator. And this with a team that has a porous defense that creates few turnovers, a turnstile O line, and an inconsistent running attack.

JP has fumbled far too much, but other than that, he is growing into the job.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2006, 07:55 AM
NFL Europe is where the boderline roster players go.

Inetpub
10-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Do you watch our games, as well as other NFL games? If you did, you would see that right now - after 15 total career starts - JP is about in the middle of the league's QBs. Look at his passer rating, yardage, or any other indicator. And this with a team that has a porous defense that creates few turnovers, a turnstile O line, and an inconsistent running attack.

JP has fumbled far too much, but other than that, he is growing into the job.

Other than that????? Is that making it a small issue that he fumbles too much?
Thats like saying to a cowboy, "besides the fact the horse is three legged, he can run with the best of them". I would like to see what JP's redzone stats are. wonder if they are good?

THATHURMANATOR
10-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Blackonyx constantly starts ludicrus threads. While I don't necessarily think it would have been a horrible idea no NFL team sends 5th rounders to NFL Europe let alone 1st rounders.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2006, 08:23 AM
I can see it now, Bills send their first round draft choice to NFLE and he gets seriously injured.
I can only imagine the mutiny there'd be around here if that happened.

OpIv37
10-25-2006, 08:24 AM
Losman, no.

Craig Nall, maybe.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Other than that????? Is that making it a small issue that he fumbles too much?
Thats like saying to a cowboy, "besides the fact the horse is three legged, he can run with the best of them". I would like to see what JP's redzone stats are. wonder if they are good?
Hopefully, the fumbling problems can be cured - perhaps if he wasn't blind sided several times a game, that would help.

If he can't overcome his fumbling, he probably won't be here next year.

But I am just sick and tired of JP being called the worst QB in the league, a bust, not cutting it, etc. The facts, the stats, and our record - as poor as it is - do not support the notion that he is a terrible QB who should be benched or sent packing. Not at this point in his career, at least.

jamze132
10-25-2006, 11:25 AM
Even if we did do something stupid like that, has anyone good ever came back from Europe and made a big difference in the NFL? No, they came back with herpes.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Even if we did do something stupid like that, has anyone good ever came back from Europe and made a big difference in the NFL? No, they came back with herpes.
Or a deep voiced wife named Olga.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 02:04 PM
They spent 1st, 2nd, and 5th round pick on Losman.

Does he look like the type of player you actually trade up for ?

Michael82
10-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Or a deep voiced wife named Olga.
Or a Pro Bowl on his resume.....

:gag:

justasportsfan
10-25-2006, 02:36 PM
That's what they should've done in the first place. This kid should have gone to to the NFL Europe to develop and play and keep Holcomb or Bledsoe for another year or two. It really didn't matter because the O-line sucks anyway and they are getting the QB killed. Once JP did his stint,he would've been better prepared to take the reigns of the team and move this franchise forward. Well?
Instead of getting acquainted with the new coaches/system/players? NO.

Typ0
10-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Hopefully, the fumbling problems can be cured - perhaps if he wasn't blind sided several times a game, that would help.

If he can't overcome his fumbling, he probably won't be here next year.

But I am just sick and tired of JP being called the worst QB in the league, a bust, not cutting it, etc. The facts, the stats, and our record - as poor as it is - do not support the notion that he is a terrible QB who should be benched or sent packing. Not at this point in his career, at least.

Let's not forget he wouldn't fumble as much if he knew what the hell was happening on the field...any guy that gets stripped by a referee has his head up his ass as far as I'm concerned I don't care how good his passer rating is. In seven games JP Losman has been responsible for 6 INTs and 8 fumbles (5 lost). That's 11 turnovers in seven games. He turns the ball over more than once a game.

I'm sick and tired of everyone blaming a missed block for JP's turnovers. Maybe if he was smart enough to notice a missmatch there would be some help on those blocks...and the fact that JP keeps dropping the snap and getting stripped by referees tells me "he fumbled because of a missed block" is a load of crap. JP Lossman is a turnover machine in this league right now. He's thrown for 6 TDs and rushed for 0. That's 6 TDs to 11 TOs almost a 2 to 1 ratio TOs to TDs. That obviously more than makes up for his other "league average" stats and puts this team in the cellar.

jamze132
10-25-2006, 03:46 PM
They spent 1st, 2nd, and 5th round pick on Losman.

Does he look like the type of player you actually trade up for ?
Hindsight is always 20/20. How could anyone have known 3 years later that he wouldn't have the power of Moses? Did anyone think that Tom Brady, a 6th round draft pick by the way, would have a collection of Super Bowl rings before he was 30?

You don't know what you don't know.

Bling
10-26-2006, 03:11 PM

Jake Delhomme

jamze132
10-28-2006, 03:11 AM
Jake Delhomme
Ok, I will give you Jake.

That's one, anymore?

Michael82
10-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Ok, I will give you Jake.

That's one, anymore?

Europe's most successful QBs in NFL terms are (in roughly descending order): Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1039), Jake Delhomme (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1626), Jon Kitna (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1847), Jay Fiedler (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12363), Kelly Holcomb (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1624), Damon Huard (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1748), Paul Justin, Jamie Martin (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1063) and Jim Miller (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1053).

DT La’Roi Glover (Barcelona 1997)
T Matt Lepsis (Barcelona 1998)
LB Paris Lenon (Amsterdam 2002)
G Marco Rivera (Scotland 1997)
DE Paul Spicer (Frankfurt 2001)
WR Dante Hall (Scotland 2001)
K Lawrence Tynes (Scotland 2002)
G Joe Andruzzi (Scotland 1998)
G Brandon Moore (Scotland 2003)
K David Akers (Berlin 1999)-
T Oliver Ross (Amsterdam 2000)

And don't forget our Pro Bowl punter....

billsfairweatherfan
10-28-2006, 05:19 PM
That's what they should've done in the first place. This kid should have gone to to the NFL Europe to develop and play and keep Holcomb or Bledsoe for another year or two. It really didn't matter because the O-line sucks anyway and they are getting the QB killed. Once JP did his stint,he would've been better prepared to take the reigns of the team and move this franchise forward. Well?You dont send a first rounder to NFL Europe .:lmao: All that said' it might had help jp alot,maybe.the way he stinks it up in the games I'm not sure :question: