PDA

View Full Version : What bothers me the most about this team...

OpIv37
10-25-2006, 11:46 AM
is the completely RIDICULOUS mistakes.

Peerless Price not covering the end of the formation.
Kelsay plowing the QB after he took a knee.
Most of the D missing tackles or not finishing tackles.
Gandy and Villarial lunging at their guys and getting off balance.
JP not protecting the ball when he scrambles.
McGahee dancing in the backfield and not moving his legs when he hits the hole.
Receivers dropping balls that hit them in the hands (I remember Shelton and Royal specifically over the last few weeks but I know there's more than that).
Andre Davis running poor routes and not getting to the deep ball.

These are plays that would result in any HS coach tearing you a new one. Anyone in the NFL has been around the game too much to be making these kinds of mistakes. They're football fundamentals that have nothing to do with rebuilding, youth or rookies adjusting to the NFL (notice that veterans made all of those plays I specifically mentioned).

It's one thing to get beat by a superior team because you're rebuilding. It's another thing to be beating yourselves with stupid, undisciplined, amateur mistakes by veteran players.

bigbub2352
10-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Another alarming thing is how easily other teams in the second half easily out play and out coach our team, adjustments need to be made at half time, and that is something that MM never did, and something that DJ has yet to do, our 2 wins had both teams driving and about to score and ran out of time, we will see if this changes after the bye the week

Jan Reimers
10-25-2006, 12:14 PM
I agree with all of it. I think the constant attempts at arm tackling, rather than properly wrapping up the ball carrier, irritate me the most. And it's our veterans - including the vaunted Nate Clements - who are most guilty.

Devin
10-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah thats pretty much it, I can deal with most of this crap but making plain ol undisciplined stupid mistakes is unforgivable.

Devin
10-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Whats more is 95% of this garbage is simple fundementals.

Saratoga Slim
10-25-2006, 01:20 PM
is the completely RIDICULOUS mistakes.

Peerless Price not covering the end of the formation.
Kelsay plowing the QB after he took a knee.
Most of the D missing tackles or not finishing tackles.
Gandy and Villarial lunging at their guys and getting off balance.
JP not protecting the ball when he scrambles.
McGahee dancing in the backfield and not moving his legs when he hits the hole.
Receivers dropping balls that hit them in the hands (I remember Shelton and Royal specifically over the last few weeks but I know there's more than that).
Andre Davis running poor routes and not getting to the deep ball.

These are plays that would result in any HS coach tearing you a new one. Anyone in the NFL has been around the game too much to be making these kinds of mistakes. They're football fundamentals that have nothing to do with rebuilding, youth or rookies adjusting to the NFL (notice that veterans made all of those plays I specifically mentioned).

It's one thing to get beat by a superior team because you're rebuilding. It's another thing to be beating yourselves with stupid, undisciplined, amateur mistakes by veteran players.

Yeah. Man, I almost had to turn the TV off after Kelsey's late hit on Brady last weekend. I think that was the turning point in the gams.

This is the one area where I'm questioning coaching. I don't have any real complaints about play-calling or game planning to date. I think our problems have much more to do with on-field execution of the plays and plans. But I would like to see a whole lot more discipline, and I think its hard to avoid giving the coaches at least part of the rap for that.

Cntrygal
10-29-2006, 06:42 PM

No kidding. I'm tired of HELPING our opponents win.