PDA

View Full Version : Merriman reportedly to play two more games

Gunzlingr
10-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Chargers' second-year linebacker Shawne Merriman will play at least the next two weeks as he awaits a hearing to appeal his pending four-game suspension for violating the National Football League's substance abuse policy, according to a report in the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Merriman the Defensive Rookie of the Year last season, tested positive for a banned substance earlier this month. His appeal hearing, according to the Union-Tribune, is tentatively set for Nov. 7.
Merriman's attorney reportedly said Tuesday he thought the substance for which Merriman tested positive was the anabolic steroid nandrolone.
David Cornwell, who has represented numerous NFL players in such appeals, said he believed nandrolone was — unbeknownst to Merriman — in a nutritional supplement the young linebacker has taken for some time. "He's not taking steroids," Cornwell reportedly said of Merriman. " ... Shawne took supplements and has taken supplements for quite some time. He did not go into the back alley somewhere and put a needle in his butt for steroids."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6097152?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

OpIv37
10-25-2006, 11:59 AM
:rolleyes:

This defense is just ridiculous. Even if it's true, he's a damn professional athlete- he's responsible for what he puts in his body and should have known every ingredient in that supplement before he took it.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 01:57 PM
:rolleyes:

This defense is just ridiculous. Even if it's true, he's a damn professional athlete- he's responsible for what he puts in his body and should have known every ingredient in that supplement before he took it.
Yeah, no kidding. He is only getting paid millions each year.

jamze132
10-25-2006, 04:14 PM
I know this might not hold a lot of water considering the source, but ESPN orignaly reported that they had a source that said it was "definetly steriods" that came back positive, both the "A" and "B" tests.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2006, 07:23 PM
I can see Merriman on the stand

"I honestly thought those were B12 shots that the trainer was sticking in my ass 3 times a day. They said my balls might shrink, and I'd get bacne, but those were natural side effects. Who knew?"

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 07:29 PM
If he played two more games..
Then we wouldnt see him he'd be suspended when we played them.