View Full Version : ESPN Quarterback Rankings

Mudflap1
10-25-2006, 02:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2636884

Jon

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Thats about how I see it.

And notice that some of those QBs dont have near the amount of starts as Losman.

And there arent too many of them that cost a 1st, 2nd and 5th pick.

But these are the fact and the JP rah rah crew arent interested in facts

Dr. Lecter
10-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Romo is awfully high.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 02:21 PM
I dont think McNabb should be rated that high

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Coincidentally I mentioned Gradkowski the other day in a post that was leaning on that same old...losman only has 15 starts song and dance

Dr. Lecter
10-25-2006, 02:25 PM

Who would you put ahead of him? Maybe Palmer. Other than that, I don't see anybody. McNabb is doing great with second rate WR's.

And, although he is an all time great, Favre is no longer top 10.

GFLuNEEDit
what will BuffaloFever say ...nobody cares what espn says anyways and the article should be sent to spam .... like he just said about one of my posts?

Close your eyes tight fever ...dont look at those ratings now.

PECKERWOOD
Little did you know, McNabb is having an NFL MVP season.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 02:28 PM
I would put Palmer and Pennington ahead of McNabb.

Pennington when healthy has done a great job surrounded by talent not much better than the Bills have.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 02:30 PM
BuffaloFever where do you place the great JP Losman on that list ?

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Another thing to give thought to is that this list is only a list of starters .

There are some backups that would be listed before Losman

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Little did you know, McNabb is having an NFL MVP season

Its not the little that I know .

Its the little that you know.

You dont seem to know what type of season the Bills QB is having.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2006, 02:34 PM
GFL, your posts are getting as annoying as Ice's.

And im more on your side then his about JP.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 02:36 PM
GFL, your posts are getting as annoying as Ice's.

And im more on your side then his about JP.
:shocked:

kernowboy
10-25-2006, 02:37 PM
BuffaloFever where do you place the great JP Losman on that list ?

I think that considering the tone of your comments on this one thread, it is no wonder that you are poorly regarded by your peers on this site, who dare I say it, actually both to put a little thought into their remarks whether they are supportive of Losman's or hold a different opinion

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
I just get sick of typing 2 page long responses to the guy, explaining my stance. And I get some bs response. Its not worth my time really. So I learned to post pictures of yoda and kitty cats to keep him away. =)

GFLuNEEDit
I would place Harrington below Lossman.

Romo is too high on the list.

Lienart and Brunell dont belong under Romo.

Grossman is grossly overrated.

Leftwich is where he belongs, he is another 1st round reach who was handed a job. He wont ever be on the level Brunell was.

GFLuNEEDit
last post got saved twice

Jan Reimers
10-25-2006, 02:51 PM
You know these rankings are totally subjective when Plummer (4 TDs/7INTs, 64.1 Passer Rating), McNair (5/7, 64.1), Harrington (3/7, 64.1) and Romo (half a game, 3 INTs) are ranked ahead of Losman, who is 6/6, 78.9.

But now, based on some "expert's" opinion, the JP haters can all say, "we told you so."

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
This isnt a long term ranking system, I dont believe. Its a week by week analysis. If that pr was based on a players game play the whole year, he sure flip flops alot. Notice the numbers in parantheses shows where they were ranked the week before.

kernowboy
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
How do you move up 3 places by not playing?

Kind of undermines the ratings.

I read some clown on another threat was suggesting we draft 3 QBs in response. Yeah, and maybe we can play them all at the same time!?!?

Some people are so blinded by hatred they struggle to form a coherent argument

Mudflap1
10-25-2006, 02:56 PM
You know these rankings are totally subjective when Plummer (4 TDs/7INTs, 64.1 Passer Rating), McNair (5/7, 64.1), Harrington (3/7, 64.1) and Romo (half a game, 3 INTs) are ranked ahead of Losman, who is 6/6, 78.9.

But now, based on some "expert's" opinion, the JP haters can all say, "we told you so."

I don't think this is a ranking system taking into account the past year or so, I think it's more than not based upon the past week or two's performances. Obviously, if you were taking the whole season into account, the Romo and Leinart rankings are strange. Leinart played two pretty good games with one bad one, and Romo had one half. So I think it's heavily weighted on the past week or so.

Kinda interesting.

Jon

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 02:57 PM

Yeah, whats up with that? Denver is scoring like 13 points a game. Plummer should not be excused, he has a solid defense, solid WR's, great OL and a nice RB tandem. How the hell do you fail with that set up? Also, Harrington is trash. Give me some of the stuff he is smoking. Harrington is not better than JP. As far as the whole year goes, I think JP could be ranked around 20ish.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 03:00 PM
I wouldnt give up an 8th round pick for Plummer.

He is a career irratic QB.

About 19 out of 20 of these irratic QBs stay irratic.

Mudflap1
10-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah, whats up with that? Denver is scoring like 13 points a game. Plummer should not be excused, he has a solid defense, solid WR's, great OL and a nice RB tandem. How the hell do you fail with that set up? Also, Harrington is trash. Give me some of the stuff he is smoking. Harrington is not better than JP. As far as the whole year goes, I think JP could be ranked around 20ish.

I hope you are not trying to suggest Losman is better than Harrington and Plummer? No way. Heck, I'm almost a little surprised Walter is ranked behind him based upon last week's performance.

No way Losman is 20ish. Someone else brought up a good point, these are just the starters. There are backups on several teams that would be ranked ahead of Losman also.

Jon

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't think this is a ranking system taking into account the past year or so, I think it's more than not based upon the past week or two's performances. Obviously, if you were taking the whole season into account, the Romo and Leinart rankings are strange. Leinart played two pretty good games with one bad one, and Romo had one half. So I think it's heavily weighted on the past week or so.

Yeah the Romo thing is off.

I dont think anyone would give Lienart for Romo at this point.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 03:07 PM
No way Losman is 20ish. Someone else brought up a good point, these are just the starters. There are backups on several teams that would be ranked ahead of Losman also.

That is honestly about where I put him among the starters.

Harrington is worse than Losman , and maybe you could debate a couple of others but you also might debate a that a QB below him is better

At any rate I dont see him significantly higher on that list.

If anyone thinks differently give me a list of QBs that he should be listed above.

shelby
10-25-2006, 03:07 PM
The comments made about Losman are dead on:

He had three more turnovers in a loss to New England and he now has eight turnovers in the last three games. Part of the problem is pass protection and part of the problem is bad ball security and decision-making.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I would have placed them in groups instead of ranking them 1 thru 32.

Some of the comparisons are six half one dozen of the other.

I mentioned Leftwich earlier. Some might say he is better than Losman.

But in a hypothetical trade you dont get much. Leftwich has been around for years and is still makes the same irratic throws he's always made.

So its a wash.

jmb1099
10-25-2006, 03:26 PM
The fumble issue is what is what dropped Losman down the list as it should have. But...there are plently of turnovers to go around on the list of starting qb's this year. This statement isn't to let Losman off the hook as much as it is to point out someting of interest. Someone already listed a few with more ints than td's that were rated higher. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with the line shifts that Jauron is making over the bye. Will we get more protection on the blind side? If so will the fumble issue go away? I don't know, but I am very interested in finding out. There is no amount of words that can describe how awful it feels to know that you are about to be blindsided, it messes with your head and effects every element of game play. Ask any qb who's played at any level. If Losman gets consistent decent blindside protection and still blows after a couple of games, then I just don't see him ever getting better. Lets see if Peters can provide that.

Night Train
10-25-2006, 03:37 PM
ESPN is the Worlds sports leader, so how can you argue ? More than half of their experts picked Miami to win the divison, after all.

BTW- Manning can throw for 6,000 yards and it doesn't mean **** to me. Brady, who wins, is better because he wins the rings. Manning < Brady.

Manning = Dan (Stats) Fouts

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I read something from a goof that thinks its bad strategy to draft more than one QB.

Some goofs dont seem to realize that the Bills traded up using a 1st , 2nd and 5th rounder for a player named Losman.

They would have been way better off taking 2 QBs with those picks with a better chance of finding one good QB.

Some goofs dont use thier brains

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Manning can throw for 6,000 yards and it doesn't mean **** to me. Brady, who wins, is better because he wins the rings. Manning < Brady.

This is what I say when I see people try to dig up any stat on Losman that seems to correlate to a good QB.

So I agree with you. I dont want to see someone filter out the one or two stats that they will use to say that he will be like the next Favre 82 starts from now.

All I want to discuss is what he does and doesnt do, and what he can and cannot do.

Not some conjecture that Losman is the next Favre as he is bumping into referees and fumbling the ball.

Romes
10-25-2006, 03:53 PM
I read something from a goof that thinks its bad strategy to draft more than one QB.

Some goofs dont seem to realize that the Bills traded up using a 1st , 2nd and 5th rounder for a player named Losman.

They would have been way better off taking 2 QBs with those picks with a better chance of finding one good QB.

Some goofs dont use thier brains

Players are taken later in the draft partly because they are seen as having less chance to succeed in the NFL.

You can take 5 QB's in the 5th round it doesn't mean you have a greater chance of one of those being a success than 1 player with a first round grade.

With your logic, seeing as a QB is the most important position, and we have lacked one since Kelly has retired. Why don't we draft 4 of them next year? That way one of them shows up and we are set. :rolleyes:

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 03:56 PM
ESPN is the Worlds sports leader, so how can you argue ? More than half of their experts picked Miami to win the divison, after all.

That would be a prediction on what might happen.

This is a list ranking QBs as they stand now. It is a list on what is now.

There is a big difference they are not forecasting.

In my opinion where they have him on this list is approximately correct for what we see now without forecasting.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 04:01 PM
You can take 5 QB's in the 5th round it doesn't mean you have a greater chance of one of those being a success than 1 player with a first round grade

Lol and if you take one in the second and one in the fifth it doesnt mean that you won't.

With your logic, seeing as a QB is the most important position, and we have lacked one since Kelly has retired. Why don't we draft 4 of them next year? That way one of them shows up and we are set

I wouldnt go so far as 4 but yeah thats the general idea and the smart route to take.

Players are taken later in the draft partly because they are seen as having less chance to succeed in the NFL.

You may see it that way but history says otherwise, like say in Brady or Montana. Do these sound like QBs ?

Romes
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Lol and if you take one in the second and one in the fifth it doesnt mean that you won't.

So is 2 the magic number then we need to take 2 QBs? Is that the optimal number to draft so one succeeds.

My point is that what you do is scout them and then draft the one you think is best (or the best one you can get). You don't just chuck a net out and hope you catch one.

I wouldnt go so far as 4 but yeah thats the general idea and the smart route to take.

See what I said above...this idea is just ridiculous there are 52 other spots on the roster that need to be accounted for.

You may see it that way but history says otherwise, like say in Brady or Montana. Do these sound like QBs ?

there are always exceptions to the rule. want me to name all the first round QB's that succeeded? I'll bet I can name more than you can QB's drafted round 3 or later.

GFLuNEEDit
10-25-2006, 05:04 PM
So is 2 the magic number then we need to take 2 QBs? Is that the optimal number to draft so one succeeds.

My point is that what you do is scout them and then draft the one you think is best (or the best one you can get). You don't just chuck a net out and hope you catch one.

As far as how many it depends on how good you scout it.

Bottom line is if you settle for whatever the players turns out to be then thats how you are destined to play.

If you dont have the player able to compete with Manning, Brady ect and you wont be contending

shelby
10-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Bottom line is if you settle for whatever the players turns out to be then thats how you are destined to play.

If you dont have the player able to compete with Manning, Brady ect and you wont be contending
Obviously.
However, the season isn't over yet. The point most people are trying to make is that we need to let Losman finish the season out before any decisions as to his future with this organization are made.

The impression i get from your posts is that you have an "i told you so" attitude, and you want the rest of us to admit that you are right.
i understand that's fulfilling to you, but it certainly isn't constructive.

i believe the Bills FO is as tired as the fans are of the performance of this team. They didn't expect to be playoff contenders this year, but they have to be forward thinking, and i believe they are using this season to evaluate who will stay and what positions need to be filled with next year's draft and free agency.

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 07:35 PM
This is PRECISELY why I want a QB on this team where we dont have to DEBATE whether he is the WORST in the league or as "high" as "20ish".

What a joke.. Get a real QB in here and this team can turn it around (ala Saints). Until then, we'lll be having this convo for the next 1-4 years.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I would take JP over any bench warmer or rookie QB, atm.

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 07:46 PM
I would take JP over any bench warmer or rookie QB, atm.
you would take Losman over Leinart, Young, Cutler, or even Schaub?

If you are saying that non-sarcastically, then you really have some issues.. Or maybe your already employed at One Bills Drive.

You better be kidding.

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 07:47 PM
I dont even think LOSMAN thinks he better than those three rookies QBs, let alone you.

The_Philster
10-25-2006, 07:48 PM
What a joke.. Get a real QB in here and this team can turn it around (ala Saints). Until then, we'lll be having this convo for the next 1-4 years.Yeah...we'll just wave a magic wand and bring in Peyton Manning or Donavan McNabb or something. We brought in a proven QB a few years back and he inspired such hatred out of some that they continue to attack him when he's not even playing for us. We brought in a rookie and he was injured his first year, jerked around his second, and he's finally getting his shot this year...God only knows if he's gonna work out...unless someone has psychic powers and can tell us exactly what QB we can get that WILL work out for us...we're going to have go through a trial and error til we get it right.

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
I didnt cite Manning or McNab, I cited Brees as an example.. and he was FAR from wanted all over the league.. two teams bidded on him.. Miami decided to go with Pep (hahahahhhhah) and New Orleans bought Brees.. What are they now, 5-1?

Maybe there is no Brees out there next year, you could be right.. My point is get a QB in here with a CLUE so we can stop bickering in a thread if Losman should be ranked dead last in the league or "20ish".. Both rankings SUCK and I'm tired of **** QBs ****ing up the development of the team.

phil, I respect your opinions, but I"m as much a Bills fan as you. I just see through Losman and if I've ever been right about ONE thing when it comes to football, its that Losman will NEVER be a consistent QB in the NFL to the point anyone will call him a "winner".

He plays with a losers mentality.. Cause he dont know any other way.

I PRAY a QB is #1 on Marv's list next year, and I'm telling you now it will be.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 08:00 PM
you would take Losman over Leinart, Young, Cutler, or even Schaub?

If you are saying that non-sarcastically, then you really have some issues.. Or maybe your already employed at One Bills Drive.

You better be kidding.
What has Schaub done Pat? Aboard the Schaub train are we? How many games has he played 2-3? I can say with the utmost confidence, I would take JP over Schaub anyday of the week. Leinart, Young and Cutler are all unproven. Why, would I want a rookie here that has 2-3 more growing years? You havent even seen Cutler play a game yet, and your on his bandwagon. And Cutler was hyped very similarly to Losman. Leinart and Young, once again 2-3 more years of pain if they were here. I'm sorry man, if I fell for the hype of top 10 QB's each draft, we would have a new QB every year.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Im so sick of this talk about JP. Just let the damn kid play, were not getting a new QB as of now.

The_Philster
10-25-2006, 08:02 PM
I didnt cite Manning or McNab, I cited Brees as an example.. and he was FAR from wanted all over the league.. McNabb, Manning, Brees, Brady, whoever...point is...they're proven QBs...last one of those we had failed here and still insipres hatred from the obsessed
two teams bidded on him.. Miami decided to go with Pep (hahahahhhhah) and New Orleans bought Brees.. What are they now, 5-1?

Maybe there is no Brees out there next year, you could be right.. My point is get a QB in here with a CLUE so we can stop bickering in a thread if Losman should be ranked dead last in the league or "20ish".. Both rankings SUCK and I'm tired of **** QBs ****ing up the development of the team. personally, I couldn't care less about rankings right now...too much stock is put in stats due to fantasy football, IMO. Anyway, there's no 100% sure way of getting a QB with a clue. Warner's a proven QB...but he got benched in favor of a rookie. So experience doesn't guarantee you anything...not even that you're better than a rookie, apparently.

phil, I respect your opinions, but I"m as much a Bills fan as you.never said otherwise :peace:
I just see through Losman and if I've ever been right about ONE thing when it comes to football, its that Losman will NEVER be a consistent QB in the NFL to the point anyone will call him a "winner".well, I can't profess to share your psychic abilities...I'll admit my doubts about him have increased the past few weeks, but I've yet to throw in the towel on him.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 08:03 PM
McNabb, Manning, Brees, Brady, whoever...point is...they're proven QBs...last one of those we had failed here and still insipres hatred from the obsessed [/b]personally, I couldn't care less about rankings right now...too much stock is put in stats due to fantasy football, IMO. Anyway, there's no 100% sure way of getting a QB with a clue. Warner's a proven QB...but he got benched in favor of a rookie. So experience doesn't guarantee you anything...not even that you're better than a rookie, apparently.

never said otherwise :peace:well, I can't profess to share your psychic abilities...I'll admit my doubts about him have increased the past few weeks, but I've yet to throw in the towel on him.
Apparently, you have mental issues if you wouldnt take any rookie in the league or Schaub over Losman. :bandwagon

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 08:06 PM
So you would take Losman over any of them because he's PLAYED MORE?

Thats the pathetic part.. he should be A LOT BETTER than any of them at this point at least.. he's not.

Young already won a tough road game in just his second start. He's got MILES to learn, but unlike Losman, he is a PROVEN winner and Titans fans can already see why... How many big road wins does Losman have? how many road games EVER has Losman even looked remotely good in??

And Leinart, you're a straight up dum dum if you were the GM Of a team and you're telling me with a straight face you'd take Losman over Leinart..

Cutler is better than him simply by NOT going out there and embarassing himself and his fans like Losman is on just that alone.. CUtler will be starting next year for Denver, it doesnt matter if Plummer wins the Super Bowl this year..

And as for Schaub.. He's valued enough the Falcons wouldnt even take an all pro DE in Abraham straight up for him. If the Jets offered that for Losman and Levy said no, there'd be a lynching going on in WNY that night.

The_Philster
10-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Apparently, you have mental issues if you wouldnt take any rookie in the league or Schaub over Losman. :bandwagon
:huh:

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 08:11 PM
McNabb, Manning, Brees, Brady, whoever...point is...they're proven QBs...last one of those we had failed here and still insipres hatred from the obsessed .

True.. But that's the past and that was a stupid move by Donahoe to trade for him without having a good OL here.. Even in Bledsoe's prime, he was only good when he had the protection.. and he was well past his prime when he was traded for.

And we had NOBODY In here before him, so I dont blame Donahoe totally for the gamble either.. It's kind of becoming just like this NOW, we have nobody here now either.

I dont have a SPECIFIC name in mind for a QB who would turn this around, but I know there will be at least a few of them out there when FA hits.. I could ALMOST guarentee we could get Schaub for our high second rounder.. And I'm aware we did that with Rob Johnson and got burned.. He's no Rob Johnson.

Reality is we are at least 2-3 years away from having a real good OL, and thats IF Peters, Fowler and Pennington grow into solid linemen at their positions. We need a QB who can actualy go out there, put a team on his shoulders once in a while like the good ones do, and WIN US a couple of games we'd otherwise have no business winning.

Either that, or draft a big time QB in the first round. I admit my hate for Losman may be getting out of hand... I dont want to HATE Losman; but I cant help it.. I think he's THAT CLUELESS and you can teach mechanics and other things, but you cant teach a STUPID quarterback to be SMART.. THIS guy is talking about "The Program" in press conferences as inspiration to protect the ball.. are you kidding me?

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 08:13 PM
So you would take Losman over any of them because he's PLAYED MORE?

Thats the pathetic part.. he should be A LOT BETTER than any of them at this point at least.. he's not.

Young already won a tough road game in just his second start. He's got MILES to learn, but unlike Losman, he is a PROVEN winner and Titans fans can already see why... How many big road wins does Losman have? how many road games EVER has Losman even looked remotely good in??

And Leinart, you're a straight up dum dum if you were the GM Of a team and you're telling me with a straight face you'd take Losman over Leinart..

Cutler is better than him simply by NOT going out there and embarassing himself and his fans like Losman is on just that alone.. CUtler will be starting next year for Denver, it doesnt matter if Plummer wins the Super Bowl this year..

And as for Schaub.. He's valued enough the Falcons wouldnt even take an all pro DE in Abraham straight up for him. If the Jets offered that for Losman and Levy said no, there'd be a lynching going on in WNY that night.
Dude, it takes QB's different periods of time to grow into there job. Leinart has been more pro-ready from the get go. I wouldnt take Losman just because he played more, simply just because he needs more time to develop. You dont know if he is going to be the next, Favre or not. Oh yeah, Cutler starting next year for Denver. Who cares? That makes him better than Losman? How do you know he isnt a bust? Losman has a steeper learning curve than these other guys. At Tulane he didnt play in a pro-style offense, and furthermore, he didnt play nowhere near the calibre talent he is playing now. When we picked Losman, it spelled out project and a lot of time to grow.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 08:18 PM
True.. But that's the past and that was a stupid move by Donahoe to trade for him without having a good OL here.. Even in Bledsoe's prime, he was only good when he had the protection.. and he was well past his prime when he was traded for.

And we had NOBODY In here before him, so I dont blame Donahoe totally for the gamble either.. It's kind of becoming just like this NOW, we have nobody here now either.

I dont have a SPECIFIC name in mind for a QB who would turn this around, but I know there will be at least a few of them out there when FA hits.. I could ALMOST guarentee we could get Schaub for our high second rounder.. And I'm aware we did that with Rob Johnson and got burned.. He's no Rob Johnson.

Reality is we are at least 2-3 years away from having a real good OL, and thats IF Peters, Fowler and Pennington grow into solid linemen at their positions. We need a QB who can actualy go out there, put a team on his shoulders once in a while like the good ones do, and WIN US a couple of games we'd otherwise have no business winning.

Either that, or draft a big time QB in the first round. I admit my hate for Losman may be getting out of hand... I dont want to HATE Losman; but I cant help it.. I think he's THAT CLUELESS and you can teach mechanics and other things, but you cant teach a STUPID quarterback to be SMART.. THIS guy is talking about "The Program" in press conferences as inspiration to protect the ball.. are you kidding me?

How is Losman stupid? He studied Greek and Latin at Tulane. He is by no means as 'stupid' as you make him out to be. He has made some boneheaded plays every here and there, but thats fixable. Its not like he has cerebral palsy or something.

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Dude, it takes QB's different periods of time to grow into there job. Leinart has been more pro-ready from the get go. I wouldnt take Losman just because he played more, simply just because he needs more time to develop. You dont know if he is going to be the next, Favre or not. Oh yeah, Cutler starting next year for Denver. Who cares? That makes him better than Losman? How do you know he isnt a bust? Losman has a steeper learning curve than these other guys. At Tulane he didnt play in a pro-style offense, and furthermore, he didnt play nowhere near the calibre talent he is playing now. When we picked Losman, it spelled out project and a lot of time to grow.
how long did it take Ryan Leaf to "grow into his job"? How about Heath Shuler? Rick Mirer? Jim Druckenmiller? Kyle Boller? Akili Smith? David Klinger? Rob Johnson? Joey Harrington? Do you want me to keep going?

Just because you're young and you suck DOESNT mean that you WONT suck because you get more experience.. YOu either have "it" or you DONT. I dont' care that Losman is 3-12/13/whatever it is as a starter. I don't care that he has like 8 turnovers in the last three games. I DO CARE that he has NO LEADERSHIP ABILITY whats-so-ever, anybody with an eye can see his teammates barely respect him, he can't protect the football, and he plays like a total ******. That, I DO CARE about.

Dont give me no Aikman, Kelly, Manning, etc comparisons about their ****ty records their rookie year. Records and stats aside, it was EASY to tell they had "it".

JP Losman doesnt have it. Not by a long shot. And the quicker Levy realizes he's another Kyle Boller not Peyton Manning waiting to explode with experience, the better off the Bills and their fans will be.

Now, as for the rest of the roster, this is a promising team.. Fix up some problem areas and get a real quarterback in here and next year we may have a fighting chance.

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 08:21 PM
How is Losman stupid? He studied Greek and Latin at Tulane. He is by no means as 'stupid' as you make him out to be. He has made some boneheaded plays every here and there, but thats fixable. Its not like he has cerebral palsy or something.
well when we start running Greek and Latin plays from our playbook I will call him smart.. HOw do you say "stop looking at one ****ing receiver the entire play" in Greek? Better yet, how do you say "hold the **** on to the ball for once and watch out for the refs" in Latin?

The_Philster
10-25-2006, 08:21 PM
I could ALMOST guarentee we could get Schaub for our high second rounder.. And I'm aware we did that with Rob Johnson and got burned.. He's no Rob Johnson.
you know this how, exactly? He hasn't played much more than RJ did before coming here. He could very well be a great QB given the chance, but you're going out on a limb with these bold statements
JP will never be good, Schaub is no RJ, etc
If it works for you, fine...more power to you...but I've seen enough screwy things happen in the NFL that tell me that you just can't tell...and bold predictions are just a guessing game.

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
you know this how, exactly? He hasn't played much more than RJ did before coming here. He could very well be a great QB given the chance, but you're going out on a limb with these bold statements
If it works for you, fine...more power to you...but I've seen enough screwy things happen in the NFL that tell me that you just can't tell...and bold predictions are just a guessing game.
Maybe you're right.. Obviously we won't know until he starts for some team.

But its time for Buffalo to be bold, especially if we want to actually win games and compete for a playoff spot.

I like Levy, I loved the draft for the most part, I like what they're doing with the OL right now, and I TRUST that Marv will make much BETTER FA moves this offseason than he did the last.

If you truly think for a second Losman is the kind of quarterback that will get your team into the playoffs ANYTIME in the even "sorta" near future, then you tell yourself that.

Mahdi
10-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Philip Rivers ahead of Marc Bulger....Riiiiiight, that says it all.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 08:26 PM
how long did it take Ryan Leaf to "grow into his job"? How about Heath Shuler? Rick Mirer? Jim Druckenmiller? Kyle Boller? Akili Smith? David Klinger? Rob Johnson? Joey Harrington? Do you want me to keep going?

Just because you're young and you suck DOESNT mean that you WONT suck because you get more experience.. YOu either have "it" or you DONT. I dont' care that Losman is 3-12/13/whatever it is as a starter. I don't care that he has like 8 turnovers in the last three games. I DO CARE that he has NO LEADERSHIP ABILITY whats-so-ever, anybody with an eye can see his teammates barely respect him, he can't protect the football, and he plays like a total ******. That, I DO CARE about.

Dont give me no Aikman, Kelly, Manning, etc comparisons about their ****ty records their rookie year. Records and stats aside, it was EASY to tell they had "it".

JP Losman doesnt have it. Not by a long shot. And the quicker Levy realizes he's another Kyle Boller not Peyton Manning waiting to explode with experience, the better off the Bills and their fans will be.

Now, as for the rest of the roster, this is a promising team.. Fix up some problem areas and get a real quarterback in here and next year we may have a fighting chance.
Ok, so I guess Losman is the next Ryan Leaf cause you say so. Look buddy, nobody knows how long it will take to grow into his job, if he does at all. Im not acting like I can predict the future, unlike somebody. I went on record before to say that if Losman plays the same way for the rest of the season, then its time to start looking at other avenues to persue at the QB position. But Im not ready to throw in the towel yet! There is still alot more football to be played, and maybe something will click for him by then. People want to act like Losman is the root of all evil on this team, its not true. You think other fans would like to give Losman time to grow, seeing as how drafting another QB means more 'rebuilding', then the same people that *****ed about Losman will be *****ing about the fact were rebuilding again. In some peoples eyes, you just cant win.

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Philip Rivers ahead of Marc Bulger....Riiiiiight, that says it all.
Great point.

IMO< Bulger has become THE MOST underated QB in the NFL

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 08:28 PM
He must practice Santeria or something. I sure wish I could predict the future.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 08:33 PM
well when we start running Greek and Latin plays from our playbook I will call him smart.. HOw do you say "stop looking at one ****ing receiver the entire play" in Greek? Better yet, how do you say "hold the **** on to the ball for once and watch out for the refs" in Latin?

The point is, Losman is a scholar. He is not a dumb guy, like you make him out to be. And I think its really pathetic you continue to spew slander about the guy, just because you dont like him at QB. Im not trying to ride anyones bandwagon, Im just willing to observe him for the rest of the season and then draw conclusions. It seems like some people already made up there minds, good for you, however, dont attack a players intellect, based off of absolutely nothing. Specious comments like that really prove your argument to be fallacious, and the more you say crap like that, the less people are going to be persuaded.