X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3rdn1
    • Aug 2006

weiler has a point. (oops)

i read a artical by mark weiler the other day. (for u that dont know he is a sport writer for the afc east report. claims he is a bills fan but most of his artical just bash on everything the bills do good or bad.)

But this artical brings out a very good point. the bills are killing themselfes. shut as fundemental mistakes. mental break down. I have to agree. the to game we wow we overcame some huge pentlys in the vikes game and the fins we played smart with limted mistakes. Weiler goes on that we dont have the talent to win. this i dont adgree with. i think we have plenty of talent but mental toughness we lack. displine, yes talent is great but put 11 talneted guy up aginst 11 guy with average talnet and good mental toughness, and good dicpline i think the outcome was 28-6. we did the talent thing for the last 3-4 yrs. and still finished in the bottom half. we need dicpline. no off sides, mental errs, better protection from the line bygetting were they are suppose be. that not talent thats displine
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: weiler has a point. (oops)

He was also one of the founders of this site...so yes, we know who he is
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
      Senior Zoner
      • Oct 2006

He's right they are absolutely ragtag. Completely disjointed.

And the one thing they said about Jauron is that he prepares his team well and gets the most out of the talent at hand.

I dont see that from this team at all.
      Last edited by GFLuNEEDit; 10-25-2006, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

As far as talent, this team doesn't have the talent to beat teams like Chicago and NE.

But, if this team played hard and didn't make fundamental mistakes and have so many mental breakdowns, we could beat teams like Detroit and NYJ and maybe pull of an upset or two against the better teams.

I don't know how much of this goes back to Jauron, but this team does not have their heads in the game.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

the discrepancy between the top team and bottom team in terms of talent is not that large.

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by 3rdn1
            i read a artical by mark weiler the other day. (for u that dont know he is a sport writer for the afc east report. claims he is a bills fan but most of his artical just bash on everything the bills do good or bad.)

But this artical brings out a very good point. the bills are killing themselfes. shut as fundemental mistakes. mental break down. I have to agree. the to game we wow we overcame some huge pentlys in the vikes game and the fins we played smart with limted mistakes. Weiler goes on that we dont have the talent to win. this i dont adgree with. i think we have plenty of talent but mental toughness we lack. displine, yes talent is great but put 11 talneted guy up aginst 11 guy with average talnet and good mental toughness, and good dicpline i think the outcome was 28-6. we did the talent thing for the last 3-4 yrs. and still finished in the bottom half. we need dicpline. no off sides, mental errs, better protection from the line bygetting were they are suppose be. that not talent thats displine
            Just one question.

Are you related to Paladin Warrior?
            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• 3rdn1
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by The_Philster

thats great... but he still does bag on them pretty hard at times.........k 96.5% of the time. i my point was that he has finally put at least for me y he is so hard in his articals and that yes i did agree with him on this point. no were did i bash him. nor did i know that he was a founder to the site.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

This team has lacked any type of mental toughness for years now. It began when Levy left. Anyways, it will change eventually, as soon as we get dead weight off the roster and get guys that actually want to be here. Players like Clement's are only going to do harm to the younger guys who don't really have a mind of their own in the league yet. These kin do players need to leave. The same thing happened in Cincinnati. When marvin Lewis came on board, he pretty much cleared house of players who didn't want to play for him. And it is finally paying off. And yes, Takeo Spikes was one of those players. (I know they have a lot of off field issues)

We need to give our FO the benefit of the doubt and let them do their thing. Everyone knew that this wasn't a playoff year for the Buffalo Bills. We need to use the second half of the season to see who wants to play for the Bills and who doesn't. And IMO, I don't care how talented or well liked a certain player is, if he doesn't want to give his heart and soul for the team, then he can start walking. I know that in today's world, it's hard to find guys like that, but there are a few.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                  Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                  • Jul 2002

Hey there 3rdn1! You missed quite the show at Kelly's on Sunday. And to top it all off, some chick pats fan sat next to me and she knew NOTHING about football except that she thinks Brady & Favre are "hot".

Anyway - You're right about Mark's articles - they are mostly negative. But unfortunately, he seems to be making some great points this time around.
                  Originally posted by notacon
                  The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                    Hey there 3rdn1! You missed quite the show at Kelly's on Sunday. And to top it all off, some chick pats fan sat next to me and she knew NOTHING about football except that she thinks Brady & Favre are "hot".

Anyway - You're right about Mark's articles - they are mostly negative. But unfortunately, he seems to be making some great points this time around.
                    You mean there are chicks that watch football and know more than "That jersey is cute?' Really?

I have sat with Wys and it is extremely depressing to watch a game. Even when they play wee he criticizes.

Comment

• 3rdn1
                      • Aug 2006

well good im glad your getting your girl talk in during the crital times. and think you would hot in any jersy.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                        You mean there are chicks that watch football and know more than "That jersey is cute?' Really?

I have sat with Wys and it is extremely depressing to watch a game. Even when they play wee he criticizes.

I tend to stick with non political/non football (or very general) talk when in Buffalo. It's easy to scan/skip/ignore posts - not so easy to ignore posters in person. Well... okay it is as easy, just not as polite.

well good im glad your getting your girl talk in during the crital times. and think you would hot in any jersy.
                        LOL - Your favorite "bar wench" just walks by me laughing.

oh and hun....you're biased.
                        Originally posted by notacon
                        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• 3rdn1
                          • Aug 2006

I tend to stick with non political/non football (or very general) talk when in Buffalo. It's easy to scan/skip/ignore posts - not so easy to ignore posters in person. Well... okay it is as easy, just not as polite.

LOL - Your favorite "bar wench" just walks by me laughing.

oh and hun....you're biased.
                          YEP

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            I actually didnt know that, but I know now.

Comment

• Buckets
                              • Jun 2003

Sounds like some of the steady posters around here.

Comment

Working...
                              X