X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xXSpIkes5IXx
    • Mar 2006

Terrence Pennington

Im interested to see what this guy can do. Management obviously thinks highly of him, because they benched Reyes, and Butler is listed as the backup RT, and was a higher draft pick. It would be really nice to find another diamond in the rough offensive lineman like Peters. It would be really nice to have two young building block OT's to build our interior line around.
  • JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Terrence Pennington

I gotta say, I'm more than a little surprised that its not Butler they're putting in there.. Only thing I can think is that they love his size.

I agree with the changes with the exception of leaving Villariel in there - that right side could get real ugly REAL fast with him and a green as grass Pennington in there..

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Does anyone have a BIO on Pennington? I don't know anything about him.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Pennington was one of those sleeper picks that a few draft guides mentioned, prior to the draft. He has such a freakish build with a huge wingspan but played in a small program. Was rated higher than Butler by most services but Butler ( Virginia ) started many games at RT. Many scouts saw him play, while scouting the Jets Ferguson.

I'll give him a chance. He'll struggle with many moves at first but has the long arms to save himself until he gets more experience and learns. Supposedly has good feet. Not a bad gamble at all. We have little to lose and lots to gain if he turns out OK.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Pennington Comfortable In Two Spots: Terrence Pennington joined the media on a conference call after being drafted by the Bills in the 7th round. He said he's done a good job keeping his weight down the last two years, this was a problem early in his college career. He feels really good playing at 320 lbs. He is comfortable and used to playing at both tackle positions. He did that a lot at New Mexico wherever the Bills want him to play, he'll be ready to go. He said being smart is very important at offensive tackle and the fact that his father has taught him discipline helps him out a lot.

Pennington Could Play Left Tackle: Scout Terry Wooden said he likes Terrence Pennington's size and his very long arms. He looks like an offensive tackle and has a lot of upside. He has played both left and right tackle. Wooden feels with his long arms and good footwork he could possibly play left tackle in the NFL. He's very strong and is everything you look for when you envision an offensive tackle. He has room to grow physically and mentally, they feel he can gain more strength and size to his lower body.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

This is the perfect time to see what we've got on the roster before Levy and Co. clear house in Febuary.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Here's hoping. If Pennington shines, our starting tackles will be an undrafted free agent and a 7th round pick. Awesome. and much cheaper than drafting one high or signing a FA.

If Peters can continue to develop at LT like he has been at RT, his 3M a year contract extension that they worked out this summer is very reasonable.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                Senior Zoner
                • Oct 2006

Im interested to see what this guy can do. Management obviously thinks highly of him, because they benched Reyes, and Butler is listed as the backup RT, and was a higher draft pick. It would be really nice to find another diamond in the rough offensive lineman like Peters. It would be really nice to have two young building block OT's to build our interior line around.
                Joe D said in the preseason that Pennington looks like an NFL player.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GFLuNEEDit
                  Joe D said in the preseason that Pennington looks like an NFL player.
                  You sure lick Joe D's balls don't you....

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

I think its a good move, although i wouldnt mind seeing merz in at rg.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• GFLuNEEDit
                      Senior Zoner
                      • Oct 2006

You sure lick Joe D's balls don't you....
                      no i thought thats what i was told you were doing to thurm

only i was told it was thurm's ****

they told me that you call thurm's **** thaturmanator
                      Last edited by GFLuNEEDit; 10-25-2006, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                        I think its a good move, although i wouldnt mind seeing merz in at rg.
                        Merz at RG or Pennington at RT. I wouldn't want to see both, two rookies lining up next to each other. This is probably better because Peters is still a youngster. Mentally, Jason Peters is not going to be able the help Merz that much if he stayed at RT and Merz came in at RG. Villarrial may be falling appart, but his experience should be valuable to Pennington as he tries to learn the ropes.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                          Merz at RG or Pennington at RT. I wouldn't want to see both, two rookies lining up next to each other. This is probably better because Peters is still a youngster. Mentally, Jason Peters is not going to be able the help Merz that much if he stayed at RT and Merz came in at RG. Villarrial may be falling appart, but his experience should be valuable to Pennington as he tries to learn the ropes.
                          Good post. Rome wasn't built in a day. Vincent, I mean Villareal, will be here until the end of the year when we can bring in better talent. If Pennington plays well Marv's draft is going to look all world.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

It says a lot for Pennington that the coaches think highly of him. It doesn't say a whole lot for Butler, however.

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Yeah up until this point I had thought Butler was going to be starting RT calibur player. I had heard comparisons to Runyan as well.

Ah well as long as whoever is there plays well I dont care.
                              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X