PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe Sacked By A Newbie Once Again

DynaPaul
10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlJPvY4VkkE.MWNdBOIqhdU5nYcB?slug=ap-cowboys-romostarts&prov=ap&type=lgns

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Tony Romo is now the first-string quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, and will make his first career start Sunday night at Carolina.

Coach Bill Parcells said Wednesday that Romo, who replaced 14-year veteran Drew Bledsoe in the second half of Monday night's 36-22 loss to the New York Giants, will start.

"Any time you do something like this, it's not without a lot of consideration," Parcells said. "I've been thinking about it for some time. ... Hopefully, maybe as the team is comprised right now, he might be able to do a couple of things that assist us."

Neither Bledsoe nor Romo appeared in the Cowboys locker room Wednesday. The team said Bledsoe would talk later in the day.

shelby
10-25-2006, 05:19 PM
i feel bad for Bledsoe.

Then again, i hate both the Cowboys and Bill Parcells.:ontome:

G. Host
10-25-2006, 05:43 PM
If it was JP many would be blaming the line.
Newbie or otherwise makes no difference - it is the defense scheme which results in the sacks and a rookie can get a sack because all of the veterans are being concentrated on.

I understand that it is popular to bash Bledsoe, maybe because Losman learned so much from him, but be realistic!