PDA

View Full Version : For any team that wants Price, you could get Coles for cheaper...

Tatonka
02-27-2003, 12:55 PM
Laverneous Coles was tendered with a first round pick today as a RFA. he is being paid just over 1 mill a year..

if you could chose between price or coles, or even a darrell jackson, price would be last on my list.

your going to give up a first rounder for all three (maybe for price), and the other two would have significantly lower cap figures..

so the question is.. why go after price..

i am starting to think, we are gonna get screwed here..

Jets | Coles Tendered - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
9:39 PT: Updating an earlier story, John Clayton reports the New York Jets have tendered restricted free agent WR Laveranues Coles a one-year, $1.318 million offer. His compensation would be a first-round draft pick.

Tatonka
02-27-2003, 12:59 PM
and before anyone says it.. yes.. both of those guys, especially coles are as good and as fast as price.. if either was in our system last year, they would have put up the same or better numbers.

Ð
02-27-2003, 01:00 PM
I'm philisophically opposed to signing a footballl player named Laverne

http://www.angelfire.com/wi/lvpictures/images/pmthen.jpg

Tatonka
02-27-2003, 01:05 PM
lol.. if she can run and catch.. i dont care what she looks like or if she swings or not.

WG
02-27-2003, 01:09 PM
LOL

How 'bout Shirley!

And please, don't call me..., ... :rolleyes:

Yeah, agreed T. I think Price is overrated in this FAcy period as well. But then again, it's not what we think, it's what other GMs think. Let's hope they think he's the bomb!

clumping platelets
02-27-2003, 01:26 PM
WRONG!!!!!

Both teams have the cap space to match any offer sheet AND, especially with the Jets, Coles represents their #1 WR. We already have a #1 WR and a #2 who wants #1 $$$

Big difference.

Novacane
02-27-2003, 02:30 PM
I could see making the case for Coles being as good as Price but what the heck has Jackson accomplished in this league?

LtBillsFan66
02-27-2003, 02:34 PM
His compensation would be a first-round draft pick.

We would have to get one first.

I like Coles.

Pride
02-27-2003, 03:03 PM
SHHHHH!!!! You might make us end up keeping Price!!