X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills' Losman takes share of blame

Quarterback J.P. Losman doesn't want his original five starting offensive linemen to take all the heat for his struggles during the Buffalo Bills 2-5 start. With the Bills stuck in a three-game losing streak, coach Dick Jauron juggled his offensive line during this bye week in a major move designed to improve Losman's protection as much as jump start Buffalo's 30th-ranked offense. ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills' Losman takes share of blame

The O-line excuse does get old. Im glad JP agrees.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Right now, the O-line can't pass block, or run block very efficiently. A change was evident, no matter what JP says.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

JP would look like a victim if not for the turnovers.

However, they happened so he has to carry the blame.The one caused by the ref was embarrassing. PERIOD. He better be improving during the bye becuase the coaches are out of good will.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I think JP should and will get 5 more games.. and if he doesnt get better, then I think you'll see Nall in for the last four games to see what he has.

I dont think anybody would have a problem with that either.. IF JP can't improve over the next five games, who gives a **** how he plays the last month.. He'll be a one step forward, two steps back QB his whole career. I'm not talking Tom Brady improvement, I'm just talking a lot better than he's playing now.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gil
            • Mar 2005

if anything, the line change sends a different message than last year, where playing musical QB's and hoping that cosmetic change would spark things seemed to be the modus operandi.

it's good to see JP takes his share of the blame, lord knows he deserves his share of it, but it's also good to see the coaching staff recognizes that this team needs big changes on the lines if we're to truly progress in all aspects of the game.

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

JP is a lost cause. The sooner everyone admits it and and get over it the better. I like the kid but I can't stand to watch him flounder in sub par mediocrity for another minute. He just doesn't get it.
              It's so sad because we need a whole new team. Aside from a few DB's we have nothing to build on at all. NADA. We're beyond rebuilding, we need to refoundate, then rebuild. God this team sucks. It will take years to come back from this hole. By then the Bills will be gone.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Turf
                JP is a lost cause. The sooner everyone admits it and and get over it the better. I like the kid but I can't stand to watch him flounder in sub par mediocrity for another minute. He just doesn't get it.
                It's so sad because we need a whole new team. Aside from a few DB's we have nothing to build on at all. NADA. We're beyond rebuilding, we need to refoundate, then rebuild. God this team sucks. It will take years to come back from this hole. By then the Bills will be gone.
                I'm still holding out some hope for JP because, well, I have to. Right now, he's all we got, so we just have to play him and hope for the best.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  I'm still holding out some hope for JP because, well, I have to. Right now, he's all we got, so we just have to play him and hope for the best.
                  Why do we "have" to? We have a QB on this roster who HASNT had a chance to show what he has behing a first string offense in a NFL game.

There has been cases of former backups who toiled on the bench and went on to stardom.

Of course, that list is DWARFED by former first round QB's with youth, "upside" and "potential" who turned out to be complete and utter BUSTS and set their respective franchises back for YEARS while they continued to ride out their "potential"

For the record, I HIGHLY DOUBT NALL would be the answer if JP isn't.. But I thnk given our team sucks right now anyway, why can't he at least get a SHOT..

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    JP would look like a victim if not for the turnovers.

However, they happened so he has to carry the blame.The one caused by the ref was embarrassing. PERIOD. He better be improving during the bye becuase the coaches are out of good will.
                    Couldnt agree more 'Cane. They better put his ass through RB drills, he needs to fix that fumbling problem. He outta give Tiki Barber a call or something, and ask how the hell he did it. haha.
                    Last edited by PECKERWOOD; 10-25-2006, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      Why do we "have" to? We have a QB on this roster who HASNT had a chance to show what he has behing a first string offense in a NFL game.

There has been cases of former backups who toiled on the bench and went on to stardom.

Of course, that list is DWARFED by former first round QB's with youth, "upside" and "potential" who turned out to be complete and utter BUSTS and set their respective franchises back for YEARS while they continued to ride out their "potential"

For the record, I HIGHLY DOUBT NALL would be the answer if JP isn't.. But I thnk given our team sucks right now anyway, why can't he at least get a SHOT..
                      the problem is this- there's 9 games left. Most of us have agreed that 9 games isn't enough to determine if a QB is good enough or not. So even if JP was benched now (disclaimer: this is a hypothetical, I'm not advocating it), unless Nall miraculously came out and dominated we'd STILL have a QB question on our hands.

Outside of the extremely small chance that Nall is one of those miracle QB's who can just step in and dominate, playing him wouldn't resolve anything.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Nall isnt a multi million dollar first round pick and much less was invested in him. I think the final quarter of the season for him would be a fair audition.

Comment

• scott51
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          I think JP should and will get 5 more games.. and if he doesnt get better, then I think you'll see Nall in for the last four games to see what he has.

I dont think anybody would have a problem with that either.. IF JP can't improve over the next five games, who gives a **** how he plays the last month.. He'll be a one step forward, two steps back QB his whole career. I'm not talking Tom Brady improvement, I'm just talking a lot better than he's playing now.
                          Ok, this I could handle. I agree that if he doesn't improve in the next 5 games, we can pretty much be confident he won't. At that point, I would be okay with putting in Nall and seeing what he can do!
                          Go Bills!
                          Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
                          Buffalo Bills 7-9
                          New England Patriots 18-1*

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

I dont agree with a 4 game audition for Crag Nall. What is that going to solve? It will just create another QB controversy. Say if Nall had 2 good games, and 2 bad, nobody would be certain if he were the future or not. Honestly, if Losman doesnt work out this season. Draft a 1st round QB, and give him a shot instead.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Turf
                              Somebody needs some Prozac. Most depressing post ever?

There's a lot of talent on the roster. With 3-4 significant personnel additions, some experience in the new systems, and some improved discipline, we could be a very good team. Hell, we've been competitive in 5/7 games, and could be 5-2 right now with a few lucky breaks.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X