PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben? More like little *****!

Gunzlingr
10-25-2006, 06:57 PM
<table class="bdy" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="770"> <tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="10">
</td> <td width="440"> <!-- search:</noindex> --> <script> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[i][4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[i][0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </script> PITTSBURGH (AP) - Ben Roethlisberger (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/200315) won't have any trouble remembering the hit that gave the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67067) quarterback his latest concussion.
"It felt like it busted my whole jaw," he said Wednesday.He also won't forget the crude comment made by one of the three Atlanta Falcons (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67038) players who, while sacking him Sunday, apparently taunted Roethlisberger by saying he wanted to hit him in his surgically repaired face.
Roethlisberger took part in limited work during practice Wednesday and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game in Oakland, despite receiving his second concussion in about four months. He has not been cleared by doctors to play but, if he is, plans to "beg and plead" with coach Bill Cowher to do so.
"If you ask me, I'm always leaning toward playing, no matter what it is," he said Wednesday. "But it's something we have to be smart about."
Roethlisberger, who led the Steelers (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67067) to a Super Bowl win last season, was injured during a helmet-to-helmet hit by defensive end Chauncey Davis (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/300289) immediately after releasing a pass during the third quarter. Roethlisberger also was sandwiched by defensive lineman Patrick Kerney (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/69109) and linebacker Ed Hartwell.
"They got me from every angle," he said.

More (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6093892?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5)

</td></tr></tbody> </table>

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 07:04 PM
This could mark the end for Big Ben. Alot of people may think, I'm off my rocker for saying that. But 2 concussions in 4 months? If he keeps getting these concussions his career is shot.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2006, 07:19 PM
What a puss. Cower probably said he wanted to ruin Ben's face after the game, and Ben got confused.

kinigirly
10-25-2006, 07:40 PM
i have never been a fan of ben. i don't care how great he played for his short time period. i never gave in to the whole young renegade quarterback buzz. i can't believe he would actually whine that someone was being a big bully on the field. that accident has made him a fragile little girl. pull that 'i got your nose' trick on the field with him, he'll probably drop the ball and follow you around crying to get it back

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 07:48 PM
hahaha.. True Kini, true

Lee-83
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
he's soft!

OpIv37
10-25-2006, 08:33 PM
i have never been a fan of ben. i don't care how great he played for his short time period. i never gave in to the whole young renegade quarterback buzz. i can't believe he would actually whine that someone was being a big bully on the field. that accident has made him a fragile little girl. pull that 'i got your nose' trick on the field with him, he'll probably drop the ball and follow you around crying to get it back

great post.

He acts like he's such a bad ass tough guy James Dean wannabe by riding around on a motorcycle with no helmet, then he cries like a four year old. "If you guys don't stop making fun of me, I'm telling!"

Sorry, Ben, but your dumb ass got yourself into the accident, now you have to face the repercussions like a man. Suck it up and play football.

And I thought Eli Manning and Tom Brady were crybabies.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Hah, that was great to hear. Especially from a woman.

mybills
10-26-2006, 06:45 AM
I read the whole article, I don't see crying. :idunno:

scott51
10-26-2006, 07:37 AM
He was hit hard on a helmet to helmet hit! He is a tough quarterback who has led his team to the Superbowl! Get off his back! Just because he is having a down year everyone is ready to throw in the towel and call him overrated. ALL quarterbacks have that year where they would like to just forget about it all. (No concussion jokes please) He's been in a motorcycle accident, had his appendix removed, had 2 concussions and he still wants to play! Yeah, real wimp there! Give me a break!

BillsNick
10-26-2006, 07:58 AM
I fail to see where he is crying about anything. It looks like he simply stated what happened.

ICE74129
10-26-2006, 09:00 AM
He was hit hard on a helmet to helmet hit! He is a tough quarterback who has led his team to the Superbowl! Get off his back! Just because he is having a down year everyone is ready to throw in the towel and call him overrated. ALL quarterbacks have that year where they would like to just forget about it all. (No concussion jokes please) He's been in a motorcycle accident, had his appendix removed, had 2 concussions and he still wants to play! Yeah, real wimp there! Give me a break!

Yes he is a puss. Helmet to helmet? when? Last I checked the guy was driving in with his SHOULDER and ben was on his way down and got clocked in the jaw. Notice how no flag was thrown nor no fine handed out.

Gunzlingr
10-26-2006, 09:08 AM
I fail to see where he is crying about anything. It looks like he simply stated what happened.

Why say anything at all? Boo Hoo, the Falcons taunted me. Who gives a ****? Does he really believe that he is the first player to ever be taunted after a sack? A real man would just take into account what happened and took care of business instead of going to the press.

The King
10-26-2006, 09:15 AM
I have Chauncey Davis in the BZFL do I get bonus points for this?

kernowboy
10-26-2006, 10:12 AM

The way I read it was that all he was saying was "you hit me in the face, I've picked up a bit of damage there, lets see if you have such a big mouth the next time we meet up"

I so hate it when my team whether it be NFL, soccer, rugby, taunt or mouth of at an opponent .... I mean why the hell are you trying to motivate them?

When Bills players do that, I think stop it, because you've just encouraged the guy to come back stronger ........................

scott51
10-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Yes he is a puss. Helmet to helmet? when? Last I checked the guy was driving in with his SHOULDER and ben was on his way down and got clocked in the jaw. Notice how no flag was thrown nor no fine handed out.

I just read the entire article, and where exactly is he whining? Sounds like to me he was telling what happened and that he will not forget the man who taunted him. He didn't say who it was or ask for some discplinary action? What, he gets drilled and almost has his head taken off, someone makes a comment about a surgery he had and he is just supposed to say, "Golly gee, that's part of the game?" He was pissed, as well anyone in his place would be! No where in that article does he complain or whine!

DraftBoy
10-26-2006, 11:33 AM

What helmet to helmet hit? He took a shot in the jaw and it wasnt a horrendously hard hit. Why he chooses to mention to the media that he was taunted is beyond me, and it reflects on him very poorly. He's attempting to keep his "BA" image up and he may end up ending his career very quickly.

Gunzlingr
10-26-2006, 11:40 AM
I just read the entire article, and where exactly is he whining? Sounds like to me he was telling what happened and that he will not forget the man who taunted him. He didn't say who it was or ask for some discplinary action? What, he gets drilled and almost has his head taken off, someone makes a comment about a surgery he had and he is just supposed to say, "Golly gee, that's part of the game?" He was pissed, as well anyone in his place would be! No where in that article does he complain or whine!

Just telling the press that they taunted him is whining in itself! He should have kept his mouth shut. He should have took the taunt and used it as motivation instead going public.

mybills
10-26-2006, 11:41 AM
You people must be blind - The AP said the part about helmet to helmet.

Ben: "It felt like it busted my whole jaw,"
Ben: "They got me from every angle,"
and..
"The last thing I remember is throwing to Hines (Ward) and I tried to duck out of it, and as I tried to duck out of it I remember getting hit in the chin - it felt like I busted my whole jaw or something,"
and..
"One of their players said something to me and that's the last thing I remember."

Ben: "I'll remember his number."

Ben: "They made a little comment, but I won't bring it up right now," he said. "When I got hit, I wasn't worried about the front of it (the jaw) - it's stronger than it was before - but the back of it was a little sore."

AP: Roethlisberger, who led the Steelers to a Super Bowl win last season, was injured during a helmet-to-helmet hit by defensive end Chauncey Davis immediately after releasing a pass during the third quarter.

RockStar36
10-26-2006, 11:42 AM
I hate the Steelers. I hate Big Ben. That guys has more lives than a damn cat.

And to be honest. He started out winning but he was surrounded by a really great team that covered up for him.

Kerr
10-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Little *****? When some of you get some pads on and play behind center in the nfl, then you can talk. :rolleyes:

mybills
10-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Just telling the press that they taunted him is whining in itself! He should have kept his mouth shut. He should have took the taunt and used it as motivation instead going public.
C'mon, Gunz..
He said that's the last thing he remembers..someone said something to him.

I'm sure the guy asked what it was they said, and he answered with a simple "They made a little comment." What's wrong with saying that? He answered the question is all.

Gunzlingr
10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
C'mon, Gunz..
He said that's the last thing he remembers..someone said something to him.

I'm sure the guy asked what it was they said, and he answered with a simple "They made a little comment." What's wrong with saying that? He answered the question is all.

Then why is it the headline of the article?

Kerr
10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Then why is it the headline of the article?

Becuase that's what the media does. They want to make a big deal out of every little thing.

Gunzlingr
10-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Smart thing is still just to shut up and serve up a cold plate of revenge next time he meets up with his taunters on the field.

mybills
10-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Becuase that's what the media does. They want to make a big deal out of every little thing.
Exactly!