PDA

View Full Version : Outside of my Losman bashes.

patmoran2006
10-25-2006, 08:31 PM
I do like the rest of the Bills, even in the troubled spots right now. the DL isnt as bad as most say (WIlliams and McCargo will make it better in the long run) and the OL has potential if Peters and Gandy work well on the left side.

I have confidence what's wrong with McGee is in his head and he's confused by the new scheme and he'll get it back together. I even have some faith that Spikes, while not being 100% will still be an impact player once the rust wears off.

I LOVE and I do mean love our rookie safeties, I think they'll be better than the Doss/Sanders combo has been for Indy.

I do trust Marv Levy, and I think he will rectify a lot of problems this offeseason now that he's seeing first hand what plagues this team.

I just absolutely ****ing despise JP Losman and I PRAY his time here comes to an end soon.

Sorry, I'm not going to lie about it or play cheerleader for a guy I think will be lucky to be holding some team's clip board 3 years from now.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2006, 08:45 PM
If you ever need a shoulder to cry on Pat, Im here for you buddy.

kernowboy
10-26-2006, 05:08 AM
I do like the rest of the Bills, even in the troubled spots right now. the DL isnt as bad as most say (WIlliams and McCargo will make it better in the long run) and the OL has potential if Peters and Gandy work well on the left side.

I have confidence what's wrong with McGee is in his head and he's confused by the new scheme and he'll get it back together. I even have some faith that Spikes, while not being 100% will still be an impact player once the rust wears off.

I LOVE and I do mean love our rookie safeties, I think they'll be better than the Doss/Sanders combo has been for Indy.

I do trust Marv Levy, and I think he will rectify a lot of problems this offeseason now that he's seeing first hand what plagues this team.

I just absolutely ****ing despise JP Losman and I PRAY his time here comes to an end soon.

Sorry, I'm not going to lie about it or play cheerleader for a guy I think will be lucky to be holding some team's clip board 3 years from now.

I think we are moving in the right direction.

We have some strong potential though I am concerned that we might need to add more size into the DT rotation.

The OL looks better but we should let ourselves be confused into thinking its the finished article. I would like to see Jake Long or Doug Free drafted at LT and Peters moved inside to LG. This maybe Gandy's last season in the league.

I think we will survive the loss of Clements and Fletcher-Baker. Even if TKO does move on I am sure we can draft a good mid round player, leaving us strong on quality if short on depth in the LB.

I think the mistake of having all small WRs will be rectified in free agency.

While I sympathise with your Losman rant I think we will benefit as a team by playing him all season, drafting a top QB (I include Stanton here) and letting the best man win next pre-season.

I hope we will start looking for McGahee's replacement, who will probably be taken in the 2008 draft. McGahee will not stay so we need to put some some feelers out about shopping him or scouting his replacement.

Night Train
10-26-2006, 06:04 AM
Who cares about your Losman bashes ? Who are you ?

mybills
10-26-2006, 06:49 AM
I would like to see Jake Long or Doug Free drafted at LT and Peters moved inside to LG.
I'd like to see how Peters handles the LT position, first.

Jan Reimers
10-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Who cares about your Losman bashes ? Who are you ?
Pat's just one of several with an irrational hatred of a kid with all of 15 starts under his belt. He must be clairvoyant, because he knows with absolute certainty that JP will be a failure, and that McCargo - who made about 2 tackles in limited playing time before his season ending injury - will be good.

It's funny - I'm not a big fan of Clements and McGahee, but I root like Hell for them to succeed every Sunday. But I really feel that some of the Losman haters WANT him to fail, and as a Bills' fan, I don't understand that.

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Maybe Losman will improve if he gets some time in the ****ing pocket.

He has struggled this year at times, has made some really good plays, and has not been the worst part of the team this year. If you think he has, you are sorely mistaken.

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Pat's just one of several with an irrational hatred of a kid with all of 15 starts under his belt. He must be clairvoyant, because he knows with absolute certainty that JP will be a failure, and that McCargo - who made about 2 tackles in limited playing time before his season ending injury - will be good.

It's funny - I'm not a big fan of Clements and McGahee, but I root like Hell for them to succeed every Sunday. But I really feel that some of the Losman haters WANT him to fail, and as a Bills' fan, I don't understand that.

:bf1:

don137
10-26-2006, 08:18 AM
I may not like some of the players as people but I will always root for them on Sunday.
I am disappointed in JP's performance so far but I disagree with Pat regarding the defense. This defense is not making the big turnover and giving the offense good field position. They allow teams to make critical 3rd downs, they are making stupid penalties and are not slowing down the other teams offense. I can't think of anyone that is impressing me on defense even the rookies at safety have not been stellar lately. I am not looking for all-pros but I would like to see improvement and a turnover once in a while.

mybills
10-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Defense :5:
Offense :1:

Dont drink the water
10-26-2006, 08:47 AM

I doubt Gandy will stay after being demoted to Guard unless he has no chioice. And Reyes, the guy signed as a guard multiple years is on the bench. I do not how this is going to work out even if it works out.

kernowboy
10-26-2006, 09:34 AM
I'd like to see how Peters handles the LT position, first.

My point was a LT draft like the one coming up comes along once in a blue moon. Assuming Peters does well, what do we do if he gets injured or has a slump in form. Do we suffer the sort of crisis the Broncos have with Lepsis out? A OT can play either side, allows the flexibility to move Peters inside, in terms of depth gives us choices.

Yes, we can go other ways but aside from picking a LB who can play inside or out, any other position tends to limit the flexibility we have.

Assuming Villarial is cut, maybe Reyes, we are then relying on Merz to step up or Gandy to play well. Whilst guard may be his natural position, Gandy was cut by the Bears from his favoured position. Most experts have said that this years draft is poor at guard/centre and excellent at OT.

Hence the reason I say no matter how well Peters play, OT is the conservative but sensible way to look at the draft, especially as our other key position (aside from QB maybe) is the DL interior and unless juniors come out the DT is poor this year. I'd rather underpay for a OT and get him at say no15 when in another year he might go in the top5 rather than go for a DT at no15 when in any other year he might struggle to get to the first round

kernowboy
10-26-2006, 09:53 AM
I doubt Gandy will stay after being demoted to Guard unless he has no chioice. And Reyes, the guy signed as a guard multiple years is on the bench. I do not how this is going to work out even if it works out.

He flunked out of the Bears while paying OG. Villarial will go and we are looking thin.

Our FA guard signings have left a lot to be desired. Only Eric Steinbach will be a top signing.

The draft is funny this year in that there are a large number of quality OTs and few if any quality OG or C. Blaylock may be good, possibly Jones of Iowa, but I would look to sign a OT and then see about reshuffling. If Peters can play outside, he can certainly use his girth inside. However a lot of the tackes are around the 305-310lbs range rather than Peters 328lbs.

It is possible that we could manufacture one into a Steinbach like 6ft6 300lbs LG but wouldn't it make more sense to keep a rookie out and move a wider player inside.

There will now be a load saying "we can draft OLs on the 2nd day".

Ok, name one of the lines which doesn't have a Round 1 or Round 2 player in their line?

Here are some examples

Broncos - Foster
Colts - Glenn
Patriots - Mankins, Light
Steelers - M Smith, Faneca, Hastings, Simmon
Jaguars - Barnes, Meester, Williams, Naeole
Saints - Faine, Brown
Jets - Ferguson, Mangold, Jendall
Eagles - Thomas, Andrews
Buccaneers - Joseph
Seahawks - Jones, Spencer
Chargers - McNeill
Giants - Petitgout, Snee
Bears - Tait, Brown
Bengals - Jones, Anderson, Steinbach
Pathers - Gross
Chiefs - Turley, Terry
Falcons - Gandy, Weiner
Ravens - Ogden, Terry
Rams - Pace, Barron

etc etc etc

mybills
10-26-2006, 11:33 AM
My point was a LT draft like the one coming up comes along once in a blue moon. Assuming Peters does well, what do we do if he gets injured or has a slump in form.
My point was, what if all he can handle is RT? Some can't switch, so I want to see how he is at LT first, before I start talking about the draft.