• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Drew Bledsoe is so P-offed

Parcells picks Romo to start at QB for Cowboys

"It's a very, very disappointing situation for me, but I can't go back and change it," said Bledsoe, in his 14th season. "Obviously, I would like to be the guy still, and I really in my heart of hearts believe that I give us the best chance to win."
    Parcells doesn't think so anymore, and is doing something he rarely has done -- changing quarterbacks in midseason. The coach often has been loyal to veteran quarterbacks, including 41-year-old Vinny Testaverde through a 6-10 Cowboys season two years ago.

Tony Romo is taking over as the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, and will make his first career start Sunday night at Carolina.
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Drew Bledsoe is going to be so P-offed

Drew!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Re: Drew Bledsoe is so P-offed

Any talk of retirement??
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

I know Drew's history and I understand that he is on a loooong downward slide in his career, but this is a bad move for the Cowboys. Drew gives them the best opportunity to make the playoffs. To be honest, I think Parcells is done. This might be his last season.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Not if Romo pulls the team together, Red.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Bledsoe is a whiny ***** that hasn't been worth a damn in about 8 years. His last year or so in NE, damn near his entire time here, and his time in dallas. Hang it up already!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

I still don't understand the pettiness over Bledsoe. He was classy while here. He was not an ******* backstabber like the midget.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RedEyE
                I know Drew's history and I understand that he is on a loooong downward slide in his career, but this is a bad move for the Cowboys. Drew gives them the best opportunity to make the playoffs. To be honest, I think Parcells is done. This might be his last season.
                I agree. Thats why I think this was Jones call. Bledsoe does give them the best chance to win... last Monday and the rest of the season. Jones wants to see what the kid has for the future. And I dont think Parcells give two drops of crap about the future.

BTW I am not sure if anyone else sees the similarities here but, didnt we also dump a Drew for a more mobile QB instead of addressing our line issues?
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• scott51
                  • Oct 2006

I think this is a good move for the Cowboys! How many times did Drew lead the Bills to the playoffs? I believe he is an okay quarterback and have always felt that he was way over-rated! He hangs on to the ball too long, even the Monday Night commentators were talking about that! The fact that this has now happened to Bledsoe in all 3 city's that he has played in, is not just a coincidnence.
                  Go Bills!
                  Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
                  Buffalo Bills 7-9
                  New England Patriots 18-1*

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    I still don't understand the pettiness over Bledsoe. He was classy while here.
                    Nice guys finish last!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

This is pretty funny, and topical:

LINK

I don't think anyone would agree with the way Parcells made the move. It made no sense to thrust Romo in there in the middle of a Monday Night game after not getting starters reps during the week. That was not the way to make the move, and feeds into the perception that Jones was behind it.

That said, I think Romo's mobility will allow the Cowboys to do some different things, and given their team he may be a better fit at this point. He definitely will be lacking the experience Drew brings to the game, but I think they figure some of the other things he brings might spark the team.

However, they didn't do him any favors throwing him in there right before a 3-game road trip. I don't know if the kid can play or not, but that isn't the easiest way to start out. If he struggles, I don't think they wait too long before putting Drew back in there.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                        Nice guys finish last!
                        Which would mean you can finish first!
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Did you see Jones when Bledsoe got sacked for the safety? I thought he was gonna hurt himself!
                          Troy's face was priceless, too!

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            Which would mean you can finish first!

Comment

• scott51
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by mybills
                              Did you see Jones when Bledsoe got sacked for the safety? I thought he was gonna hurt himself!
                              Troy's face was priceless, too!
                              I was honestly wondering if Jones was gonna make it through the game. He flipped out when the DB dropped what should have been a clean pick!
                              Go Bills!
                              Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
                              Buffalo Bills 7-9
                              New England Patriots 18-1*

Comment

Working...
                              X