PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe is so P-offed

Mitchy moo
10-26-2006, 05:48 AM
Parcells picks Romo to start at QB for Cowboys

"It's a very, very disappointing situation for me, but I can't go back and change it," said Bledsoe, in his 14th season. "Obviously, I would like to be the guy still, and I really in my heart of hearts believe that I give us the best chance to win."
Parcells doesn't think so anymore, and is doing something he rarely has done -- changing quarterbacks in midseason. The coach often has been loyal to veteran quarterbacks, including 41-year-old Vinny Testaverde (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=70) through a 6-10 Cowboys season two years ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2637905

mybills
10-26-2006, 05:50 AM
:lolpoint: Drew! :snicker:

YardRat
10-26-2006, 05:52 AM
Any talk of retirement??

RedEyE
10-26-2006, 07:08 AM
I know Drew's history and I understand that he is on a loooong downward slide in his career, but this is a bad move for the Cowboys. Drew gives them the best opportunity to make the playoffs. To be honest, I think Parcells is done. This might be his last season.

mybills
10-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Not if Romo pulls the team together, Red.

ICE74129
10-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Bledsoe is a whiny ***** that hasn't been worth a damn in about 8 years. His last year or so in NE, damn near his entire time here, and his time in dallas. Hang it up already!

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2006, 07:22 AM
I still don't understand the pettiness over Bledsoe. He was classy while here. He was not an ******* backstabber like the midget.

The King
10-26-2006, 07:28 AM
I know Drew's history and I understand that he is on a loooong downward slide in his career, but this is a bad move for the Cowboys. Drew gives them the best opportunity to make the playoffs. To be honest, I think Parcells is done. This might be his last season.

I agree. Thats why I think this was Jones call. Bledsoe does give them the best chance to win... last Monday and the rest of the season. Jones wants to see what the kid has for the future. And I dont think Parcells give two drops of crap about the future.

BTW I am not sure if anyone else sees the similarities here but, didnt we also dump a Drew for a more mobile QB instead of addressing our line issues?

scott51
10-26-2006, 07:32 AM
I think this is a good move for the Cowboys! How many times did Drew lead the Bills to the playoffs? I believe he is an okay quarterback and have always felt that he was way over-rated! He hangs on to the ball too long, even the Monday Night commentators were talking about that! The fact that this has now happened to Bledsoe in all 3 city's that he has played in, is not just a coincidnence.

mybills
10-26-2006, 08:01 AM
I still don't understand the pettiness over Bledsoe. He was classy while here.
Nice guys finish last! :snicker:

Ickybaluky
10-26-2006, 08:04 AM
This is pretty funny, and topical:

LINK (www.tonyhomo.com)

I don't think anyone would agree with the way Parcells made the move. It made no sense to thrust Romo in there in the middle of a Monday Night game after not getting starters reps during the week. That was not the way to make the move, and feeds into the perception that Jones was behind it.

That said, I think Romo's mobility will allow the Cowboys to do some different things, and given their team he may be a better fit at this point. He definitely will be lacking the experience Drew brings to the game, but I think they figure some of the other things he brings might spark the team.

However, they didn't do him any favors throwing him in there right before a 3-game road trip. I don't know if the kid can play or not, but that isn't the easiest way to start out. If he struggles, I don't think they wait too long before putting Drew back in there.

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Nice guys finish last! :snicker:

Which would mean you can finish first! :jk:

mybills
10-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Did you see Jones when Bledsoe got sacked for the safety? I thought he was gonna hurt himself! :chuckle:
Troy's face was priceless, too! :rofl:

mybills
10-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Which would mean you can finish first! :jk:
:hi5:

scott51
10-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Did you see Jones when Bledsoe got sacked for the safety? I thought he was gonna hurt himself! :chuckle:
Troy's face was priceless, too! :rofl:

I was honestly wondering if Jones was gonna make it through the game. He flipped out when the DB dropped what should have been a clean pick!

Lee-83
10-26-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm still pissed at him from the Pittsbugh game so **** him!

Novacane
10-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Why is it s always the lines fault with Bledsoe fans? What about that terrible int at the end of the half. He had no pressure there. You could build a brick wall around him and he'd still throw stupid int's.

RockStar36
10-26-2006, 09:31 AM
3rd time is the charm. I think Drew's career is over if Romo looks solid.

RockStar36
10-26-2006, 09:31 AM
I still don't understand the pettiness over Bledsoe. He was classy while here. He was not an ******* backstabber like the midget.

He talked **** on the Bills and Losman when he left. He was classy up until that point.

Iehoshua
10-26-2006, 09:35 AM
He talked **** on the Bills and Losman when he left. He was classy up until that point. :bf1:

:monkeyp:Benchedsoe

Ickybaluky
10-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Did nobody read the link?

This was funny:

www.tonyhomo.com

Iehoshua
10-26-2006, 11:01 AM
:laughing:

RockStar36
10-26-2006, 11:28 AM
That's hilarious!

Novacane
10-26-2006, 11:52 AM
:rofl: That's probably what Drew would like to say.

Gunzlingr
10-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Drew Bledsoe maintains that had he not been benched at halftime of Monday's 36-22 loss to the Giants, the Cowboys would have won. And while he does not like the decision, he respects Bill Parcells. He's due a $1 million roster bonus before the start of next season. But Bledsoe said Wednesday that retirement isn't a conversation he's ready to have.
-- Fort Worth Star-Telegram

HHURRICANE
10-26-2006, 12:25 PM

I 100% agree with you. Plus they were still in that game at half time. I think Parcells is completely over Jones.

Novacane
10-26-2006, 01:02 PM
He can go to Oakland next year :lmao:

Typ0
10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
During preseason Parcells said he was getting Romo ready to play and he would be playing by the time the season was over...so why is this so suprising?

RockStar36
10-26-2006, 03:42 PM
I was kind of hoping that he would make it till next year when Dallas visits Buffalo.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2006, 03:47 PM
No such luck.

Typ0
10-26-2006, 03:48 PM
anyone think it's funny that DB will be the best QB on the market this offseason?

DynaPaul
10-26-2006, 04:01 PM
When will Drew take the hint that he has serious flaws? Apparently never.

Typ0
10-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Drew is capable of taking a team to the playoffs behind a very good OLine...but we all know he can't play three big games in a row and not blow at least two of them.

Iehoshua
10-26-2006, 04:29 PM
anyone think it's funny that DB will be the best QB on the market this offseason? :eek:

RockStar36
10-26-2006, 04:31 PM
It doesn't just take the best o-line in history to help Drew succeed. It would take a schedule full of games that don't mean anything. I think we can all agree that big games make the statue crumble.

Typ0
10-26-2006, 04:56 PM
It doesn't just take the best o-line in history to help Drew succeed. It would take a schedule full of games that don't mean anything. I think we can all agree that big games make the statue crumble.

what was the last game he played in NE?

Devin
10-26-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm still pissed at him from the Pittsbugh game so **** him!

Same here. Nice guy off the field, an above average (not by much) QB. But that game will forever make me wish he had never been here.

Iehoshua
10-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes...

RockStar36
10-26-2006, 06:09 PM

The game where he threw a TD and had his special teams beat Pittsburgh?

Let me ask you buddy, what was his last game played in Buffalo?

Mr. Cynical
10-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Any talk of retirement??

Not until everyone in the league wakes the f*** up and realizes he has been washed up for years.

Mr. Cynical
10-26-2006, 06:20 PM
When will Drew take the hint that he has serious flaws? Apparently never.

Hey, in his defense, he may suck as a QB but he's no dummy. He'll keep milking it until it runs dry. I would too.

DynaPaul
10-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Hey, in his defense, he may suck as a QB but he's no dummy. He'll keep milking it until it runs dry. I would too.

You know some team is going to be dumb enough to sign him as their starting QB come next season if he doesn't retire.

bledslow
10-27-2006, 01:03 PM
You kow what you got with bledsoe--He is a qb tha has not led a team to the playoffs since 1998(AGES AGO). Drew gives nobdy a chance of winning-----

You have to give the job to romo just because of his upside,whether he suks or not,you must see what he can do over the course of a handful of games(ATLEAST). You might end up with a big ben,brady,marino situation where a guy can come in and contribute off the bat.

Jeff1220
10-27-2006, 01:16 PM
You kow what you got with bledsoe--He is a qb tha has not led a team to the playoffs since 1998(AGES AGO). Drew gives nobdy a chance of winning-----

You have to give the job to romo just because of his upside,whether he suks or not,you must see what he can do over the course of a handful of games(ATLEAST). You might end up with a big ben,brady,marino situation where a guy can come in and contribute off the bat.

Deja vu!:dream:

HHURRICANE
10-27-2006, 01:33 PM
I'll take a winner for a short period of time over a loser for a long period of time. Stats don't win Football games. Players do:

Trent Dilfer
Mark Rypien
Jim McMahon
Brad Johnson
Doug Johnson
Joe Nammoth
Jim Plunkett

Bledose couldn't win a big game if his life depended upon it. He's also the king of "would of, should of, could of".

Statman
10-27-2006, 05:56 PM
In Dallas' three victories, Bledsoe had six touchdown passes and one interception. But those have all been against teams with losing records. Against playoff contenders Jacksonville, Philadelphia and the Giants, he has one TD and seven INTs.

Typical Bledsoe