Gandys move could make or break career in NFL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Gandys move could make or break career in NFL!

Mike Gandy is in a very sticky siuation, because he failed at LT here and in Chicago he wouldnt even be signed by another team to play that position asa starter, Guard is were he played at Notre Dame, and was drafted as a G, but played LT do to injuries and shuffling on the line

If he shows he is capable at Guard it will show that he can play in the NFL, if he fails here he might be out of football for good, unless someone picks him up ofr depth because he is a FA at the end of the year but he will only be 28 next year

If he suceeds and shows the Bills brass he can solidify that spot will they give him an EXT on his contract or look else were, is he only a stop gap for the rest of the year, I guess it all depends on seeing if he is capable of this switch at midseason it is very hard to get comfortable

Remeber after Chicago cut him he sat out the rest of the year and was not signed until FEB-March by us, that means all the teams in the NFL passed up a 26 yr old LT with exp at both T and G, then he comes here and ****s the bed at LT, so he only has G left good luck sir!
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Re: Gandys move could make or break career in NFL!

He wasn't good enough to be a G in Chicago and he's shown he can't be a LT here.

I'm not even sure if the CFL will take up.

Fortunately we have sufficiently overpaid him to soften the blow

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

Another Bargain deal from the flea market, at least Tutan reyes was a starter but he is on the bench now, hmmm we need some serious upgrading for depth and starters
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

The past few weeks Gandy has been absolutely horrible. Other than that, I think he has been rather inconsequential since taking over the LT role. To me, that's not that bad considering the Bills did pick him up after he was cut and overlooked for the rrest of that season. This move might've had more to do with strngthing the internal part of the line that it does the T position. Last year, nobody really got on Gandy's case much because he was quietly solid. This change, to his natural position, might be a good one.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

I realize some here wish to cut 30-35 players but we need backup players also. I don't really care what Gandys' salary is.
          Marcus Price made a good buck to backup at both T and G. I never heard anyone asking to cut him, while he was healthy. We needed him quite often for a few years.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

I agree and hope 100% that he works out at G, i thought they should have put Peters at LT to begin with, and let him take his licks, but if G dont work for Gandy maybe selling cars will
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              I agree and hope 100% that he works out at G, i thought they should have put Peters at LT to begin with, and let him take his licks, but if G dont work for Gandy maybe selling cars will
              Every line in the league bar ours has an early or mid Day1 pick lined up for them.

even the great Alex Gibbs couldn't continue to work miracles without asking for some quality

let us not forget the moment the Broncos line came good was when they signed Gary Zimmerman.

Zimmerman cost the Broncos a No1 in 1994 and in 1995. He himself was drafted as a No1 by the Giants in 1984 supp draft and his rights were taken for 2 Round 2 picks by the Vikings

I think there's a trend here. If you aren't prepared to draft high and sign talent accepting there will be an occasional miss, you'll always have a piss poor line.

Since Ruben Brown, we have drafted one player in the first 2 rounds - thats over 11 years. Despite Williams being a bust, we are in our current position by drafting stupidly and if we again miss out on quality OL men at the top of the 2007 draft then by the time we next get to the playoffs the team will be the LA Bills !!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Gandy's career is not in jeopardy. He was orginally a guard here, and he did pretty well at LT untill this year. Gandy is probably our 2nd best lineman behind Jason Peters.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                  Gandy's career is not in jeopardy. He was orginally a guard here, and he did pretty well at LT untill this year. Gandy is probably our 2nd best lineman behind Jason Peters.
                  Sadly thats more a reflection of how bad the line has actually been rather than an endorsement of Gandy

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Gandy has only been here 2 years, and was a lucky signing by us, most thought when we first signed him that he might not even make the team until Mike Williams became a fat ****ing bust, Gandy is a bum at LT, but hopefully can show why he was drafted in the 3rd round as a guard, he is not stupid, so he should make the transition he is just needs to be effective, stop those bull rushers and we could have the makings of a very strong left side, again aolt of ifs, and also if he doesnt pan out i can't see anyone taking another chance on him
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                      Huh?? I think Fowler has looked pretty solid!! I'm tired of adequate. The line had better be:

Peters, X, Fowler, X, X

X represnting somebody that plays better than what we got now!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Gandy has only been here 2 years, and was a lucky signing by us, most thought when we first signed him that he might not even make the team until Mike Williams became a fat ****ing bust, Gandy is a bum at LT, but hopefully can show why he was drafted in the 3rd round as a guard, he is not stupid, so he should make the transition he is just needs to be effective, stop those bull rushers and we could have the makings of a very strong left side, again aolt of ifs, and also if he doesnt pan out i can't see anyone taking another chance on him
                        bigbub2352 = Mike Gandy

Comment

I bet the Bears had hoped to see why they drafted him in the 3rd round at guard

He didn't so was cut.

I don't mind picking up quality Free Agents but why do we tolerate signing flotsam?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                            I realize some here wish to cut 30-35 players but we need backup players also. I don't really care what Gandys' salary is.
                            Marcus Price made a good buck to backup at both T and G. I never heard anyone asking to cut him, while he was healthy. We needed him quite often for a few years.
                            Gandy would be an excellent backup both at T and G. He's been an adequate starter until recently.

Also, you're right. like it or not, we're not cutting 30-35 players. We may lose some in FA, but I sincerely doubt that there will be the kind of turnover we saw last year.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Do we think that we are going to be happy to continue to pay Gandy $2.5m per season when he is clearly not up to the task?

That is an awful lot to continue to pay for a backup

Comment

Working...
                              X