• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffarama
    Football-Sport of the Gods
    • Jul 2002

Coaching looses the game

4rth and goal at the one. We run on first. Pass for a loss back to the 7. The pass two more straight times. If you can't run the ball in from the one, or two for that matter, on 3-4 plays, the coaches need to get their act together. The play calling at the point was atrocious.
    When we talk about records, 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 5-11. It's stupidity like this that will gt a coaches fired regardless of the record.
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

How can you say coaching cost us the game. It is just pre season and this is the time to work on the 4th down conversions, and other tricky plays like that.

GW just said they wanted to get all things worked out.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Buffarama
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
      How can you say coaching cost us the game. It is just pre season and this is the time to work on the 4th down conversions, and other tricky plays like that.

GW just said they wanted to get all things worked out.
      You run the ball 4 times from the one, and hang your head if you don't score in embarresment. Then you begin to figure out why you can't gain one yard on four running plays.
      Like I said before, this offensive line can't get in done in the crunch. Welcome to your season. Nor can the defensive line. Next year we will. This year is going to be better, but we're not ready yet to compete for any title.

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

You are right about not being ready to compete this season. Not many of us on ANY boards feel that way, just the over optimistic.

An 8-8 season is a great step in the direction towards a title.

Some have become a little too eager for this season and think it will THE season, more of us a a little realistic in knowing we still have a long way to go.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

and who said we were ready to compete. If you thought so you were fooling yourself buffarama. This is a YOUNG team with lots of NEW faces. I would say this even if they brought in Sam adams. Don't get to high yet,wait a year!
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

In the regular season, I'd completely agree with you 'rama. However, in preseason I'll give the coaches the benefit of the doubt that they wanted to experiment.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buffarama

Like I said before, this offensive line can't get in done in the crunch. Welcome to your season. Nor can the defensive line. Next year we will.
              Lighten up there Buff--it was a 4th quarter exhibition-game O-Line in there for that last series. I saw my paperboy out there playing LT.

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Besides the Bills aren't going to show anything that they might do in the regular during a pre season game.
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

How many pre season games did our Hall of Fame Coach Levy win!
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

there were no injuries!
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

I feel a lot better about the Bils' play in this game than vs. Cincinnati. Who knows what the result would have been if the Bills first unit faced the Minnesota first unit in that goal line stand. It's preseason. The coaches want to find out if any of those third stringers can play. If I remember, Pucillo played center and Conaty left guard on that series. I have no idea, listening to the radio, who the tackles were. If any of them besides Conaty (and Conaty would be at center instead of guard) have to play any length of time during the regular season the Bills are doomed.

After tonight, I'm more optimistic the Bills will be able to run the ball this season. As far as stopping the run we're gonna have to see if adding Price, and hopefully Ahanotu will make a difference. I think the Bills may be in some high scoring games this year.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                        • Jul 2002

First of all they ran on second and were stuffed for a 5 yard loss. That was not a pass. If they were going to pass it should have been play action on 1rst or 2nd. It really did not matter.
                        All the guys that were on the field than will not be on this team anyway

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

yeah, i didn't think the voaches did a bad job on that series. The second down play WAS a run. dang o-line scrubs...

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Buffarama
                            • Jul 2002

Well if the second down play was a run, I am way off the mark. I can only thank Van Miller for screwing up another call. This guy needs to retire.

Comment

• Bufftp
                              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

The national associaton of embalmers won't let him retire, he gives too much free publicity.
                              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                              to be led by permanent ideals -
                              that is what keeps a man patient
                              when the world ignores him,
                              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

Working...
                              X