PDA

View Full Version : Does the Bills sell-out streak continue next weekend?

Pride
10-27-2006, 08:23 AM
I believe that the sell-out streak that Buffalo fans often refer to when making a case for us being the best fans in the NFL will come to an end next weekend.

In fact, I believe had the patriot fans not purchased 25 thousand tickets last weekend, it would have ended there.

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 08:52 AM
In fact, I believe had the patriot fans not purchased 25 thousand tickets last weekend, it would have ended there.
DO YOU?

Patrick76777
10-27-2006, 08:54 AM
I believe that the sell-out streak that Buffalo fans often refer to when making a case for us being the best fans in the NFL will come to an end next weekend.

I thought the first 4 games of the season were basically sold out before the season started.

I mean the Packers fans travel so I'm sure they'll fill a bunch of seats.

The Jacsonville game will be the big test. We'll have lost 6 in a row by then. Including the game in Indy which is going to be BAD!

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2006, 08:54 AM
I doubt they will have lost 6 in a row: GB is pretty bad too.

Patrick76777
10-27-2006, 08:55 AM

Besides, it might be a good thing to leave that place half empty for the last 4 games. It'll force them to make big moves to get people back in the seats.

The only thing I know is that I'll be there!

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2006, 09:01 AM
But will you be awake?

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 09:04 AM
I was the one sleeping man.

Patrick76777
10-27-2006, 09:09 AM
But will you be awake?

I've been to over 150 Bills games (season's since 1989) and a bunch of games before then and a pair in Cleveland) I pass out at one game and I'm known as the guy who sleeps thru games.

clumping platelets
10-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Green Bay will sell out because it many tickets were sold during group sales and season ticket holders

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 09:19 AM
I've been to over 150 Bills games (season's since 1989) and a bunch of games before then and a pair in Cleveland) I pass out at one game and I'm known as the guy who sleeps thru games.
I am the most recent sleeper anyways.

Patrick76777
10-27-2006, 09:43 AM
I am the most recent sleeper anyways.

Heard about that. Good work my man. The best part about the games these days is the party beforehand.

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Agreed. I had a good time at my tailgate and the pinto Party. Patrick we should go over there next weekend and represent the smart zoners crew.

Patrick76777
10-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Agreed. I had a good time at my tailgate and the pinto Party. Patrick we should go over there next weekend and represent the smart zoners crew.

Correction

Smart, funny and Good Looking albeit large headed Zoners!

Iehoshua
10-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Can't find any tickets to the game through Ticketmaster currently...

I'm scouring eBay...

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Correction

Smart, funny and Good Looking albeit large headed Zoners!
:bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Pride has become a Bills basher, and that is just Poopy work.

Jan Reimers
10-27-2006, 10:00 AM
I love the positive attitude on this board. I'm not happy with the Bills, either, but we'll drive our usual 12-13 hours to support them - and I'm on federal jury duty, so we may have to drive back immediately after the game next weekend. And I'm 61 years old. And I'm renewing my 4 Kelly Club tickets for another term.

I don't see how staying away, or hoping that they don't sell out, helps the team at all. If some of you are so pissed that you hope the Bills move, I really have nothing else to say to you.

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I love the positive attitude on this board. I'm not happy with the Bills, either, but we'll drive our usual 12-13 hours to support them - and I'm on federal jury duty, so we may have to drive back immediately after the game on Sunday. And I'm 61 years old. And I'm renewing my 4 Kelly Club tickets for another term.

I don't see how staying away, or hoping that they don't sell out, helps the team at all. If some of you are so pissed that you hope the Bills move, I really have nothing else to say to you.
You are a good man sir! I would by you a beer Sunday but you have a long drive! People are spoiled and don't realize what we have here.

Pride is mad because the Sound system isn't up to par at the stadium.

scott51
10-27-2006, 10:09 AM
I know if I had money I would purchase tickets to see them reguardless of their record! Not saying I would be happy about an 2-14 season, but hey, its still a great time! Anyone giving away free tickets give me a shout!

GO BILLS!

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 10:11 AM
I know if I had money I would purchase tickets to see them reguardless of their record! Not saying I would be happy about an 2-14 season, but hey, its still a great time! Anyone giving away free tickets give me a shout!

GO BILLS!
Get money. I paid only 400 bucks for seasons.

scott51
10-27-2006, 10:15 AM
In college, married, have a 4 year old son, where would you like me to get money? :scratch:

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 10:17 AM
In college, married, have a 4 year old son, where would you like me to get money? :scratch:
Your Job.

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Just joking man. If I had an extra one I would hook you up!

Jan Reimers
10-27-2006, 10:31 AM
You are a good man sir! I would by you a beer Sunday but you have a long drive! People are spoiled and don't realize what we have here.

And I would take you up on that offer, if I don't have to drive back Sunday after the game.

I agree about people being spoiled. If you're a fan, sometimes you just have to suck it up, stop whining, and support your team, even when everything is turning to s**t.

We've had some great years, and we may have again, but it won't be nearly as much fun if the team's in LA.

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 10:43 AM
And I would take you up on that offer, if I don't have to drive back Sunday after the game.

I agree about people being spoiled. If you're a fan, sometimes you just have to suck it up, stop whining, and support your team, even when everything is turning to s**t.

We've had some great years, and we may have again, but it won't be nearly as much fun if the team's in LA.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Patrick76777
10-27-2006, 10:48 AM

We can't let them hold LA over our head.

Sparce attendence over the last 4 games of the season, won't cause the team to move, but it may send a message to them that they better get some talent on that field.

That being said, I'll be there for the last 5!

Jan Reimers
10-27-2006, 11:48 AM
We can't let them hold LA over our head.

Sparce attendence over the last 4 games of the season, won't cause the team to move, but it may send a message to them that they better get some talent on that field.

That being said, I'll be there for the last 5!
You're a good man. But I think the best thing we can do - about the ONLY thing we can do - is help sell out the Ralph every Sunday. I think Marv and Ralph know the fans are unhappy, and are trying to put a competitive team on the field. I don't think staying away in droves will help that situation.

The_Philster
10-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Smart Zoners? It took you until your 5th season as a season ticket holder to check out the Pinto....that doesn't classify as smart :shakeno:

I love the positive attitude on this board. I'm not happy with the Bills, either, but we'll drive our usual 12-13 hours to support them - and I'm on federal jury duty, so we may have to drive back immediately after the game next weekend. And I'm 61 years old. And I'm renewing my 4 Kelly Club tickets for another term.

Well said, if we aren't continuing to go to the games, that doesn't say much about us as fans, IMO.

Pride is mad because the Sound system isn't up to par at the stadium.I can't argue with him on that point. When that $20M is approved from the state, fixing the sound system should be a priority. I think we've only got sound off the big speakers on the home sideline...no sound seems to be coming from the other side. And then the sound completely cut out during the Jills pregame routine this last week :down:

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 03:43 PM
WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT THE SOUNDSYSTEM? IT IS A FOOTBALL GAME NOT A ROCK CONCERT.

The_Philster
10-27-2006, 03:47 PM
WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT THE SOUNDSYSTEM? IT IS A FOOTBALL GAME NOT A ROCK CONCERT.
Who's talking about rock concerts?...although if the Ralph hosted more of them, it could only be a good thing...bands will need a place to play if something does end up happening to Darien Lake.
Anyway, I could care less about alll the new bells and whistles that places like Baltimore have...I'd just like the soundsystem to actually work. Imagine that thing cutting out when Bruce goes on the Wall or something

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Who cares?

The_Philster
10-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Who cares?
They have to fix it, Thurm....the refs need the sound system to call penalties and first downs and such

you're just being difficult for the sake of it :cynic:

RockStar36
10-27-2006, 03:58 PM
I didn't read any posts in this thread but the sell out streak will continue without a doubt. Worst case scenario, a local company buys the tickets out before the deadline. How do you guys think the streak has lasted this long?

Typ0
10-27-2006, 04:10 PM
The packers sell out every time they come here shouldn't be a problem.

THATHURMANATOR
10-27-2006, 04:14 PM
They have to fix it, Thurm....the refs need the sound system to call penalties and first downs and such

you're just being difficult for the sake of it :cynic:
No I am not. I really don't care.

patmoran2006
10-27-2006, 05:04 PM
THE GB game will be sold out, and probably Miami too.

The sellouts are going to STOP real soon though if they dont do something to get fans excited about the team again..

You can also thank the Sabres for that too.

I dont know how many of you live in Buffalo, but the Sabres are like rock stars right now.. and the Bills are the rented step children in this city.

People are sick of seeing a sucky team represent them and and consistent **** at the QB position. Maybe fans got spoiled with Jim Kelly and we're paying for it now. Not many franchises have more than one great quarterback..

maybe Losman support is high on this board (though its wavering-deservedly so as well). But I"ll tell you right now UNBIASEDLY at the games and at the taverns, at least half the people around here want him beheaded let alone out of here.

TRUE thing.. Twice I been at a Bills game with my wife this year, and SHE noticed (not me, and she's not the most knowledgable fan) that there were FAR MORE #7 Doug Flutie jerseys during tailgate parties than Losman jerseys.. That's pretty ****in sad

The_Philster
10-27-2006, 05:42 PM
No I am not. I really don't care.
Let me put it to you this way, if the current sound system continues to degrade, when a player goes up on the Wall, we won't hear him thank the fans, say that we're the best in the NFL...cause we won't hear anything. Of course, that won't happen...I don't see the NFL allowing it to happen. The refs are expected to communicate to the fans, coaches, TV, through the stadium sound systems. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL already told the Bills that the sound system has to be repaired.

Twice I been at a Bills game with my wife this year, and SHE noticed (not me, and she's not the most knowledgable fan) that there were FAR MORE #7 Doug Flutie jerseys during tailgate parties than Losman jerseys.. That's pretty ****in sadI can't say as I've seen that many Flutie jerseys this year. A handful here and there is about it.

Iehoshua
10-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Got tickets. We shall be there.

:D

Die Pack, Die!